UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Annie I agree that wood trestle bridge looks really nice as it crosses the salt marshes. You are also doing some interesting projects at present.

Thanks Tailight. I built up the whole salt marsh area well over a year ago in TS2012, but moving the layout over to TRS19 has meant that a lot of the scenic work had to be done again. Some parts of the fens and salt marsh are still in a WIP state, but they're getting there.

Your own projects seem to coming along reasonably well.

Giving this old lady, - 'County of Monmouth', - a run on Ashington. Ever since I saw my first picture of a 'County' in a copy of the Model Railway Constructor when I was in my teens I've had a liking for these Swindon built 4-6-0s. The Counties I have are supposed to be for Cornwall, but the Ashington layout's mainline makes for a really good test track. My late 1950s BR Western Region version of Ashington came through being SP4ed Ok with only most of the buffer stops being displaced and no other problems which was something I was glad about.
The steam you can see issuing from under a coach about two thirds down the train is from the restaurant car. I think I might need to knock it back a bit since it looks like they are cooking up a storm.

a3cW8Nh.jpg

my9jL1m.jpg

HurWUCZ.jpg

A BR Class 22 'Baby Warship' trundles through Castleton with a train of fitted 16 ton open wagons. A present this is the only scheduled diesel hauled traffic movement on Ashington just to show that I'm not entirely prejudiced against diesels, - or at least not Western Region diesels.

DGO6p30.jpg

i6ERkSt.jpg

I thought I'd open one of my old UK WIP routes to give Ivatt the Engine a run in my broken SP4 update.
Not impressed with SP4, it is slow to load and quite jerky in driver.
I was tempted to remove it but I don't need the hassle of resetting settings, keybinds etc.
It's not like I've got nothing else to work on in my SP3 installs :hehe:

SW1.jpg

SW2.jpg

SW3.jpg

Cheers,

Graham

Lovely to see you posting Graham, - I've been here by myself for days and I haven't a clue where everyone else has gone. The only real problem I've had with SP4 is that it will sometimes drop my graphics card while loading and then freeze up needing to be shut down with Windows task manager. My own layouts tend to be built so they don't really put any kind of a load on TRS19 so I haven't noticed any problems in Driver. But then I've been mainly using the steam control set since I got finally SP4 working properly on the second attempt.

I have to say that your old WIP Uk route is looking good and it's always nice to see 'blood & custard' coaches.

Nice shots, Graham. The work looks pretty polished for a WIP, and more amazing that it works at all in SP4.

All your projects (practically too many to keep track of...Darjeeling...Switzerland...so many...) are magical.

Thanks for all your past, present (and future) projects! They are very appreciated.

Gary

Great shots all, sadly I've been struck down with Covid! So I've been unable to do much of anything as of late but I'm on the mend - just waiting for my sense of smell and taste to return!

Here from me we see the T3 departing Corfe for Swanage:
iGHfT8m.jpg

KBno7hS.jpg

LXaRauo.jpg

FuGsXoL.jpg

Apologies in advance for not putting the correct running number in my haste to take some screenshots!

Cheers,

PLP

In the circumstances I think we can forgive you that oversight PLP. Another set of excellent screenshots by the way. With the delta variant loose in so many communities these days it's always a worry when someone drops out of the forum for a while. Good to read that you are on the mend though and hopefully you'll avoid any Long COVID after effects.

Nice shots everyone
Peter Look after your self mate
KontangaGirl : Baby Warships do have a nice sound to them.

Tom

A Prayer from across the Pond

Great shots all, sadly I've been struck down with Covid! So I've been unable to do much of anything as of late but I'm on the mend - just waiting for my sense of smell and taste to return!

Here from me we see the T3 departing Corfe for Swanage:

Apologies in advance for not putting the correct running number in my haste to take some screenshots!

Cheers,

PLP

Evening Sir,

Was just browsing thru this Thread at all the nice pictures, when I came upon your Post, Very sorry to hear Covid has yet come upon another person, but relieved to hear that your on the Mend, hoping your Smell and Taste will return. :)

With this a Prayer from house to yours, for continued recovery and brighter days ahead......God Bless and look over you during these difficult times.....:wave:

Evening Sir,

Was just browsing thru this Thread at all the nice pictures, when I came upon your Post, Very sorry to hear Covid has yet come upon another person, but relieved to hear that your on the Mend, hoping your Smell and Taste will return. :)

With this a Prayer from house to yours, for continued recovery and brighter days ahead......God Bless and look over you during these difficult times.....:wave:

Thanks Blue, very much appreciated :) I'm getting there so hopefully the worst is over!

Cheers,

PLP

did Find a re-paint for a 379xx's that was not bad in the old day there 2 different engines Ruston RK270T & Mirrlees MB275T so I re-skin it so I could also have the other engine easy change number, they both were test beds for later classes 38 that did not get built & the 60 class that got a larger version of the Mirrlees engine

they were not bad, shame they have problems in the later versions the skins keep changing back to the default, shame they actually sounded good running together even though they probly never did in real life

Tom

Yes they're one of the few diesel sounds I can actually bear to listen to.

Last edited:
I hope you feel better soon Parker! I hope it's not wiping you out too much!

A glimpse of things to come... Bulleid Class 70 rolls over Grosvenor Bridge with a Newhaven Boat Train while Battersea Power Plant looms in the background.

eK9UFC1.jpg
[/IMG]

hHqH9aa.jpg
[/IMG]

vTbU13J.jpg
[/IMG]

On a rainy evening, a Stanier 8F makes it through Skipton yards with an anhydrite goods train... with a Fowler tender dragging behind it. I remember seeing a picture of an 8F with a Fowler tender, and although I am not entirely sure if it was photoshopped or real, here's my take on it.
D7EVGQ3.png

Back