UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I have not been in here for over two weeks and I have missed a great many contributions here. The thread is chugging along nicely.

It is good to see you back Annie & I really like the rural Tramway with the Foden locomotives something so very different. Also in your pics I spotted ex GER Blue which is always a nice sighting.

The Ex GER /LNER J70 was at work on my E Anglia branch yesterday with post Grouping coaches/

Branch line freight in hand of ex GER J67/9

Thanks very much Tailight, I'm still struggling with sleepiness, but hopefully I'll be able to get a few more things done from now on. The tramways on my Norfolk layout are definitely my happy place where i like to go to potter about if I'm not having a particularly great time of it. GER blue is definitely about as well since my layout is set in the pre-WW1 period. I must confess though that I have trouble recognising any of the class designations the LNER bestowed upon GER locomotives to replace their own perfectly good ones. Always good to see your own East Anglia projects though.

I'm thinking about making my single cylinder locomotive sound files and engine spec available so that Trainz folk can update Steve Flanders's other traction engine based locomotives should they want to.

I have not been in here for over two weeks and I have missed a great many contributions here. The thread is chugging along nicely.

Well you certainly have been missed Frank, nice to hear from you again.

Last edited:
Annie. I like the work you are doing on the Foden.
It is such a unique loco.
Sound files are something I might be able to use, I have some traction engines in the pipeline that they might suit :D

Welcome back Frank, although I don't say much in this forum I am in here every day for a nose around and I find your back-stories very interesting.

Whilst I am here, I might as well slip this video in...

Cheers,

Graham

Today is Market Day in nearby town so for two trips the B/L train is with three Gresley corridor coaches & an E4. This also happens on a Saturday with three trips. E4. N7 & Y14 are used all in turn. Also the blue Summer sky has now gone apart from a clear frosty morning.

Last edited:
Thanks very much Graham, - I've had a lot of fun with sorting out these Foden geared locomotives. I've found that the sound files work best when using the advanced steam controls, but they certainly are Ok under DCC and AI control. I'll get both files properly packed up as CDPs and uploaded at some stage tomorrow.

This is one of Steve Flanders's Aveling & Porter tramway locomotives under test on the Windweather Tramway on my Norfolk layout after having its engine spec and sound files updated along with various other bits and bobs. I make no apology for yet again using the timber viaduct across the salt marsh as one of my favourite snap shot spots.

lMZtzy4.jpg

uCiRqVm.jpg

Today we see the first of three excursions to Norwich for shopping starting from the Branch with D16/3 62529 in charge & the max of 6 permitted coaches. There will be another on a weekday & a Saturday excursion though another may be added later The final section to Norwich was via a Portal but I have around 20 miles running on the branch & Main line in this session.

Last edited:
Wood Tressle

Annie I agree that wood trestle bridge looks really nice as it crosses the salt marshes. You are also doing some interesting projects at present.

As a Class 40 departs with an express service on a rainy day in Newcastle, two of Gresley's "Super Pacifics" clear the platform. I remember seeing a picture similar to this online, and decided to recreate it.

I am aware of the lack of a head code on the Class 40, but I don't know how to put it on the SnC versions.

YqKngS8.png

As a Class 40 departs with an express service on a rainy day in Newcastle, two of Gresley's "Super Pacifics" clear the platform. I remember seeing a picture similar to this online, and decided to recreate it.

I am aware of the lack of a head code on the Class 40, but I don't know how to put it on the SnC versions.

YqKngS8.png

You're not alone there: I've no idea how to do headcodes on SnC diesels either. I wish there was someone out there who could teach us!

HEADCODE CLASS 40 To set the headcode firstly go to Edit Session & then in Driver Command enable Set Train Reporting number. Once this is enabled in Driver you select your chosen loco & in the List of driver commands select Set Train Reporting number. In the sub box displayed select BR 1964 & then choose the duty for the loco Passenger, Express, goods etc. After this selection you choose the operating region & after these selections your headcode will be displayed.

Last edited:
HEADCODE CLASS 40 To set the headcode firstly go to Edit Session & then in Driver Command enable Set Train Reporting number. Once this is enabled in Driver you select your chosen loco & in the List of driver commands select Set Train Reporting number. In the sub box displayed select BR 1964 & then choose the duty for the loco Passenger, Express, goods etc. After this selection you choose the operating region & after these selections your headcode will be displayed.

Very Helpful! I've been trying to figure this out forever! Now I can properly set codes for the 31, 37 and 40 - thanks Tailight! :D

Took a break from Brighton for a little bit. A big development is coming soon. But for now, I am getting cozy with my favorite coastal railway, Dearnby and District! I'm slowly moving time forwards on the grouping route to 1928. I don't know why but I am finding myself interested in Pre-Grouping LMS companies lately (Particularly LNWR and L&Y).

2eAYrX6.jpg
[/IMG]

FyLQynT.jpg
[/IMG]

qraPlhj.jpg
[/IMG]

mSqwd2X.jpg
[/IMG]

Meanwhile, St.Bennet's resident G2A heads a tanker train up to a refinery a bit further northwest. What's a refinery doing up there? We'll get to that someday.. ;)

BzVcE9F.jpg
[/IMG]

godwNUb.jpg
[/IMG]

PKBgVPw.jpg
[/IMG]

BZqvUQh.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker. Some interesting & very nice screenshots there & the Pre Group LMS companies seem to get overlooked so nice to see some..
Regarding Headcodes for diesels, by using the Train reporting number it also sets the correct headlight codes for some steam such as the Paul Hobbs & Lie Lesto ones but there are others. The Skipper ones may also use this system as well.

Regarding your Brighton line I do not know if you are aware during the Summer Holiday season Stanier Class 5MT were regular Saturday visitors to Brighton with through trains from the Midlands.

Tanker. Some interesting & very nice screenshots there & the Pre Group LMS companies seem to get overlooked so nice to see some..
Regarding Headcodes for diesels, by using the Train reporting number it also sets the correct headlight codes for some steam such as the Paul Hobbs & Lie Lesto ones but there are others. The Skipper ones may also use this system as well.

Regarding your Brighton line I do not know if you are aware during the Summer Holiday season Stanier Class 5MT were regular Saturday visitors to Brighton with through trains from the Midlands.

Much appreciated Tailight!

I am aware that BR Standard 5MTs were frequent visitors and residents of the Southern Region, but a Stanier Black Five did not occur to me! I'm curious to discover where they were going if they were traveling through Brighton.

My intrigue originally started when I was introducing the LNWR to the lore of Dearnby and District but then snowballed from there. I took an signifigant interest in the Lancashire and Yorkshire Railway as well. I think that if I ever complete the SR Project I will pursue the Pre-Grouping Era LNWR and L&Y Regions around Liverpool and Manchester.

A little more 1928 LMS content. A L&Y Class 5 on loan from Horwich working a local suburban from Frowhill to Huneaton. An Adams LSWR T3 stands at the adjacent platform with a local connection from Casterford - a service usually worked by a LSWR T1. The Class 5 would become a local resident of St. Bennet in 1940's as support from LMS during WW2. It would remain there until it's withdrawal in 1964.

2s6Efmc.jpg
[/IMG]

JbgaDtB.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
TANKER More very nice screenshots & interesting locos also. The Stanier Black 5 locos ran from the Midlands as far as Brighton in the days when people took Summer holidays in UK. Early fifties is when i saw them there. On the former SR another interesting service was a Monday to Saturday Kent Coast, Dover/Ramsgate portions to Birkenhead Woodside s via North Downs line & Reading. A Schools duty on the former SR & one day ex SR & next day ex GWR stock.

In the morning, Britannia class "Oliver Cromwell" billows smoke while leaving King's Cross with an express train. I'd say I'm getting a bit better with my screenshots - and plus, I really like British steam, so... yeah.
UeBYEZb.png

I must say that it breaks my heart to see Jack's fabulous 2MT tank reduced to this 'jelly' status by PBR rendering in TRS19. And still no fix available! in this condition it is basically unusable (unless you like jelly!)

Paul

I tried everything I could think of Paul without any real success. I got the 2MT looking better in TANE, but in TRS19 I had to admit defeat.

y8RZE4j.jpg

Last edited:
#4872, #4880. Yes your screenshots are getting better SRKing. I particularly liked your 'rainy day in Newcastle' screenshot.

#4875, #4877. And it's back to Dearnby & District to take a holiday from Brighton. I'm trying not to get myself distracted from my projects Tanker and then you show screenshots of a 'Claughton' in LMS red working an express. The 'Super D' is really nice too, I had four of those on my early BR rebuilt version of Middle Vale.

Back