UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Should be possible to do numbering without any scripts if you use the built in alpha number capability. I'm happy to help if needed.

Thanks Ed! To be honest I really like your numbering setup. It's well scripted and extremely easy to operate!

I'll forward your offer to Pilotwoo the next chance I talk to him. He's putting a few finishing touches on the 4MT now! :D

I am really looking forward to the BR Standard 4 tanks Tanker & when i lived in Kent in early fifties they were coming out of Brighton works. Before moving to shed allocations they were run in on a duty from Brighton to Tonbridge via Lewes, Eridge & Tunbridge Wells West arriving Tonbridge around 14.00. They were turned & watered at the MPD 74D returning to Brighton later in the afternoon. A new loco would make this trip several times & was with Maunsell corrdidor coaching stock. Sadly we moved away in 1953 so did not see the later builds on this duty.

I am really looking forward to the BR Standard 4 tanks Tanker & when i lived in Kent in early fifties they were coming out of Brighton works. Before moving to shed allocations they were run in on a duty from Brighton to Tonbridge via Lewes, Eridge & Tunbridge Wells West arriving Tonbridge around 14.00. They were turned & watered at the MPD 74D returning to Brighton later in the afternoon. A new loco would make this trip several times & was with Maunsell corrdidor coaching stock. Sadly we moved away in 1953 so did not see the later builds on this duty.

Indeed Tailight!

The bulk of the Standard 4 Tanks were roaded at Turnbridge Wells West and Tonbridge. They took over many of the suburban and stopping trains found on those routes. They also took over many of the E5 and Fairburn 4P's duties which garnered them the nickname "Brighton Tanks". Quite adept machines if I don't say so myself!

I appreciate your personal recollection of the timetables as it provides a possible scenario on the Three Bridges to Turnbridge Wells West Line once I finish the SR Project.

After I finish the run to London I plan on redeveloping the lines to Turnbridge Wells West via Three Bridges and Tonbridge via Redhill. I've already established the spurs needed to accomplish this, and the Oxted Line shouldn't be too difficult to craft on my return to Sussex. I believe that those two MPDs will allow me to establish the eventual building of the Kentish Region in it's entirety!

7H8mQsP.jpg
[/IMG]

But for now, Brighton, Three Bridges London and Lewes will be plenty until I manage to finish the main line. There's a lot more to go! :hehe:

Tanker, the standard tank looks fantastic, I very much look forward to this!

Your Brighton route is also looking good, keep up the good work!

One small detail I noticed; the driving wheels seem to be a different shade to the trailing and leading wheels?

Cheers,

PLP

Tanker An interesting BR Std4 tank working was the 11.50 Tun Wells West to Brighton which we used on a Saturday from time to time. It set off for Eridge where there was a meet up with Victoria or London Bridge to Eastbourne via Oxted. A portion of the Eastbourne was split at Eridge. After the Eastbourne train left the Brighton train was shunted to pick up the coaches left for Brighton these moves being supervised by the Station master's dog. That makes good senario & regular BR Std4 tank duties. Nice to hear about you tackling the Three Bridges to Tun Wells line soon via East Grinstead HL. 75D Type Q often to be seen here.

In 2014, Metropolitan Railway 'E' class no.1 visited the Swanage Railway for a 3 day appearance at their Autumn steam gala. As Ed makes some wonderful locos I decided to partially recreate it and we see here no.1 and 30053 double heading a train from Norden back to Swanage at various points between Norden and Harmans Cross. I think the red contrasts nicely with the usual black and green normally seen. As you can see, I'm slowly detailing parts of the route visible from the line, such as the road junction in the first shot. Has anyone spotted the derelict tractor in the field?

desPVec.jpg

G6n76JP.jpg

4YxTPk9.jpg

cvC4frr.jpg

ce6rj4x.jpg

TSNTlZe.jpg

qZgNXWK.jpg

T4fBpAf.jpg

tQPgnfj.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Very nice indeed PLP. Another great set of screenshots. Ed's Metropolitan engines are certainly beautiful pieces of work.
The old tractor in the weeds at the edge of the field is a lovely scenic touch.

Thanks all, always encouraging to hear comments such as these.

@Rob it most certainly will, hopefully some point next year the way it's all going. I'm always looking for beta testers at certain stages throughout the development; 4 users have so far tested it although that was about a year ago.

Cheers,

PLP

Tanker, the standard tank looks fantastic, I very much look forward to this!

Your Brighton route is also looking good, keep up the good work!

One small detail I noticed; the driving wheels seem to be a different shade to the trailing and leading wheels?

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks for the kind words Parker! The Brighton Line is almost reached East Croydon! I'm currently landscaping Coulsdon and Purley before I continue on to Croydon but it looks pretty promising!

The reason for the difference in the main bogey texture is that is one of the finishing touches Pilotwoo and Trainboi are working on. The model I am currently fielding is a beta of the finished product. The remaining things needing to be fixed are the bogey textures, numbering script, headcode attachments and texture replacements for both early and late crests. It should be done before Christmas and I will showcase the final build before it hits the DLS.

Now, speaking of the Brighton Route - (I'm going to have to change the name soon! :hehe:) I have made significant progress on Phase III by adding in North Coulsdon, Reedham, Purley and Purley Oaks. The stations and sidings are set in place and I am relying on Bing's Birds Eye View for Signal Placement since most of them haven't changed much in 60 years. I've spent most of my recent time placing roads and houses via the NLS Maps I acquired from BR Database. Note that it may not look exactly identical to the prototype, but these things can be changed and updated in the future as I acquire future information.

blMPlIF.jpg
[/IMG]

baHJYup.jpg
[/IMG]

awUejL9.jpg
[/IMG]

LkbSato.jpg
[/IMG]

DDBJazi.jpg
[/IMG]

In addition to the current suburban development, I have included the spur to Banstead Station on the Epsom Downs Branch. This run from Coulsdon to Banstead was famous for being one of the two routes Queen Victoria used to attend Derby Horseracing at Epsom Downs (The other being Tattenham Corner).

Now in 1950 the glory days of old are long gone. The run still existed through BR, but was sparsely serviced by a two car Nutcracker EMU set, or a lone SECR H Class 0-4-4T with a Maunsell Push-Pull set. I intend to add the first three stations for now, but come back and finish the line at a later date. I have far too much to do with the Main Line to give it the attention it deserves at this time.

wJhaCzE.jpg
[/IMG]

Jy61sc0.jpg
[/IMG]

p3f4DAP.jpg
[/IMG]

gHpv5ks.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll be filling Reedham and Purley Towns next. Got a LOT more to do if I want to hit Victoria by Christmas!

Last edited:
Autumn Steam Gala The Exhange at the Swanage Railway, 2018.

257 Squadron and Duchess of Sutherland top 'n' tailing between River Frome and Corfe Castle:
tBOpIhP.jpg

A9Yv2NM.jpg

8PFFF5v.jpg

ZPwxk1x.jpg

JnFAbxw.jpg

qXOx20F.jpg

m3FNJQ5.jpg

fcMz6Ol.jpg

A nice enough loco, but not a patch on the Southern ;)

Cheers,

PLP

I'm really liking your Swanage shots PortlineParker. I downloaded the demo route while I was updating my Bodmin & Wenford route and used several of the assets from it.

Thanks Mark, the Bodmin and Wenford is likewise excellent and I have done the same in respect to some of the assets assets have used!

Swanage gets closer to completion each day so I'm hopeful that it won't be too long now. I might upload another demo, maybe the first 3 miles from Swanage to Harmans Cross?

Cheers,

PLP

An NBR C Class, a type that I think is becoming one of my favourites.
4Wv9lkj.jpg

A nicely composed picture SwedishMagnum. It's difficult to beat a picture that has a Broad Gauge 'Rover' in it.

Thank you! Broad gauge is not something I look at often but that loco certainly ticks all the right boxes for me, it just look 'right'!

Ivatt 2MT 41312 using Bill69's e-spec, seen here approaching Harmans Cross:
nDGljNo.jpg

And awaiting departure to Swanage. This would have been a typical scene on the branch in the 1960s; an Ivatt or BR standard with 2 mk1s (Harmans Cross would of course not be built for another 30 odd years. 41312 was a regular visitor over the branch, being based at Bournemouth from 1964.
656C9Y3.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Been all sleepy and brain fogged lately so I'm only catching with recent screenshots now.

#4853. Wow Tanker, - are you sure you haven't had yourself cloned to get so much done. Victoria by Christmas, - something tells me that you'll do it too.

#4854. Woo Hoo! More amazing scenic screenshots from Swanage. Thanks PLP.

#4858. An East Anglia branchline, what's not to like Tailight. Ed's magnificent GER engines have been an absolute gift.

#4849. That's a lovely Summer scene SwedishMagum. Makes me think of sitting under a shady tree with a picnic lunch and a favourite book watching the trains go by.

#4860. I could never get Lnerlover's 2MT standard tank engine to look any good in TRS19, but it looks like you've had some success with it PLP.

I've been pottering on with the Foden geared locomotives and I'm happy to announce that I now have them done and dusted. the biggest part of the project was creating a sound file and an engine spec for a single cylindered engine which just about drove me nuts due to this type of engine's unique sound as well as making a very small boiler steam reliably and well.

You've seen the Foden with the canopy roof before working on the Hopewood Tramway, but this is the other one with a more conventional cab that I have assigned to Tenpenny Wharf. Tenpenny Wharf has some very tight radius pointwork and apart from the GER G15 tram engines I've not found another locomotive that can get around the tight curves without looking very untidy. With their front bogie modded to pivot the Fodens can do it no problem. The recent work that's been done in SP4 to improve running under the advanced steam control set has been a godsend for someone like me who likes to drive from the footplate.
I took some snaps in sequence with No.01 leaving the small MPD and heading out on the wharf to shunt some 5 plank wagons to be loaded by a collier. With that done No.01 takes the wagons back up the line and hands them over to tram engine No.044 to take them to their destination along the Tenpenny Branch.

2n50h4I.jpg

IfE2wLL.jpg

1WrOfU8.jpg

p0ock8k.jpg

Jw9mLCP.jpg

WEQX7mu.jpg

MKw778x.jpg

Iq5g9zr.jpg

pVkg7Vq.jpg

Last edited:
It is good to see you back Annie & I really like the rural Tramway with the Foden locomotives something so very different. Also in your pics I spotted ex GER Blue which is always a nice sighting.

The Ex GER /LNER J70 was at work on my E Anglia branch yesterday with post Grouping coaches/

Last edited:
Back