UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

34070 Manston pausing at Corfe Castle in late afternoon:
1IvhwEE.jpg

Crossing Corfe Viaduct:
t6rdHGV.jpg

Apologies for the rather uninspiring shots; even I am getting tired of seeing the same locations over and over. Unfortunately photography has never been my strong suit!

Cheers,

PLP

Uninspiring? - not with Swanage PLP.

The Foden geared loco shunting on the small wharf at Bluebell Woods on my Norfolk layout.

Lw5eSg8.jpg

'Sharpie' 0-6-2T at Foxhollow with a train of Rob Dee's wonderful GER 6 wheel coaches. I decided to take a break from Foden fettling.

st9ObVt.jpg

My excuse for playing trains was testing the passenger schedule to Breton Woods and return.

bh08rtU.jpg

And I was also giving the newly updated Regional Weather mod a test. Yes that definitely worked :D

5khzak5.jpg

Great screenshots Annie!

Some from me of D6515 on a Swanage-Norden service. I haven't driven this particular 33 in a while, mainly because the model is very much out of date and it doesn't drive particularly well but as it's my favourite 33, an exception had to be made.

Apologies in advance; the shots are identical to those normally seen...

s5o208L.jpg

xDh7Kwz.jpg

Wz6W3iT.jpg

Im0hu3G.jpg

zqM8kmo.jpg

QMys94x.jpg

eOafn5n.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Good looking screenshots PLP. It's always a pleasure to see more of Swanage no matter how many times I might have seen some of it before.
Despite my love of steam engines I have been known to drive a now very old Trainz model of a WR 'Warship' on my BR era layouts sometimes, - so don't apologise for your elderly class 33.

Note to self, show more steam!

And in that spirit, here we see a steam special to Swanage waiting at Wareham.

A standard 4 tank you say? No! An Ivatt 2MT, 41312 which used to frequent the Swanage branch in BR days - until a 4MT makes an appearance this is as close as we can get! Still a good little loco to drive:
rr9XdpL.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Oh Parker! The 2MT does look well on the Swanage Line! It's amazing how Riddles was able to maintain push pull formation trains on the Southern Region using these!

Also, don't think I've forgotten. I know what you are looking for and with the help of Pilotwoo, Trainboi1 and Zecrail it's finally becoming a reality.

These are for you buddy.. ;)

In 1951, Robert Riddles made the decision to create a tank engine version of his successful BR Standard 4 Ten Wheelers. This locomotive class went on to be extremely successful at hauling suburban and local services in the Brighton and East Sussex area.

It is the year 1955. The third batch of these marvelous engines are about to take their first test run after a refitting at Brighton Works.

RPJ2B9K.jpg
[/IMG]

Io9O0ZA.jpg
[/IMG]

oq2EKh4.jpg
[/IMG]

5PD5TAi.jpg
[/IMG]

bQRdxTy.jpg
[/IMG]

Coming soon to a DLS near you....

Last edited:
My subtlety needs some working on then Tanker...

But those look absolutely wonderful, my heart genuinely skipped a beat when I saw that first oh so distinctive shot of the lines of the 4MT.

These will go down an absolute storm I am sure, and I for one cannot wait to have this highly sought after and anticipated locomotive in TRS19 showing off the capabilities to rival 'the other sim'.

Well done Tanker, you really do deserve it and I very much look forward to the day that these locos are pressed into service.

Cheers,

PLP

My subtlety needs some working on then Tanker...

But those look absolutely wonderful, my heart genuinely skipped a beat when I saw that first oh so distinctive shot of the lines of the 4MT.

These will go down an absolute storm I am sure, and I for one cannot wait to have this highly sought after and anticipated locomotive in TRS19 showing off the capabilities to rival 'the other sim'.

Well done Tanker, you really do deserve it and I very much look forward to the day that these locos are pressed into service.

Cheers,

PLP

Your subtlety is fine Parker.

In all honesty, I can't take credit for this. I hit a roadblock with the 4MT a while ago and I couldn't find a way to continue. Life got in the way and I thought it was going to be doomed to stagnation.

Pilotwoo offered to help me update the mesh and he did all of the additional fixtures textures, and details as well. Trainboi returned to help with the bogeys and Zec is handling the numbering and crest script. It's the last piece of the puzzle before it hits the DLS.

It's for that reason that it will be going up on the DLS under Pilotwoo's account. He really does deserve it. The guy is a fantastic modeler and even greater friend. I couldn't have done it without him.

I'll be posting more test shots of this beta model when I get home. It doesn't have numbers yet but that doesn't stop it from running! Keep a heads up for the elusive Swindon Green Version too!

Tanker and Friends, - I like that. What a magnificent piece of digital model making though, - makes my elderly Paulz Trainz class 4MT's look decidedly second hand.
And yes I hope there will be a Swindon Green Version so I can run it about all over Ashington.

Splendid screenshots! From the little Foden to the (in comparison) "UP Big Boy" size Class 33 and the Standard tank, one will always have something fun to look at in here!

After years of stubborn resistance to all things "standard gauge" on an unknown railway, a driver takes a final look at his locomotive as others prepare for a photograph to remember a line soon closed and forgotten.
89brdJl.jpg

Tanker46,
The Class 4 2-6-4T looks wonderful! :cool: Thanks for your pictures and thanks so much for your collaborative effort to make this classic engine come to life.

The engine looks like a hard worker. It will be so welcome.

Regards,
Gary

Tanker46;1894934[IMG said:
https://i.imgur.com/5PD5TAi.jpg[/IMG][/IMG]

bQRdxTy.jpg
[/IMG]

Coming soon to a DLS near you....

Very impressive looking model, I look forward to it, if it ever finds its way to the DLS! - Thankyou.

Rob.

Splendid screenshots! From the little Foden to the (in comparison) "UP Big Boy" size Class 33 and the Standard tank, one will always have something fun to look at in here!

After years of stubborn resistance to all things "standard gauge" on an unknown railway, a driver takes a final look at his locomotive as others prepare for a photograph to remember a line soon closed and forgotten.
89brdJl.jpg

A nicely composed picture SwedishMagnum. It's difficult to beat a picture that has a Broad Gauge 'Rover' in it.

Very impressive looking model, I look forward to it, if it ever finds its way to the DLS! - Thankyou.

Rob.

It is 100 percent coming to the DLS Rob. Just need to sort out the numbering script before it does.

I hope that you enjoy this model as I have enjoyed yours. :D

Some further testing on the 4MT. On an early morning in 1955, an unmarked 4MT/3 was selected by Robert Riddles to pull a press train to showcase the implementation of Brighton enhancements to Derby built 4MTs. The train consisted of several Bulleid Carriages including a Restaurant Car for an impromptu luncheon on the trip from Brighton to Purley. As the engine ran unmarked, a special alert was announced to clear the main line via the provided timetable as to avoid any accidents. As the 4MT leaves the works and runs round the train, it is watched by Sir John Elliot - the Southern Region's Chief Regional Officer - as he inspects the Brighton Signal Box before departing for the platform.

3osaoXW.jpg
[/IMG]

kwE3dUT.jpg
[/IMG]

The train left approximately at 9:30 with an expected arrival time of 10:15 at Purley. The station is packed not with passengers, but instead enthusiasts wanting to see the trial run of a new variant of Riddles Standard Design. The Unmarked Engine also bears one of the first "Ferret and Dartboard" Crests on its tanks. Although it would become the standard BR Crest several years later, for now it was but one of several possible designs for Late Stage BR to display.

tXCxHzj.jpg
[/IMG]

Cqdt9ww.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Tanker and Friends, - I like that. What a magnificent piece of digital model making though, - makes my elderly Paulz Trainz class 4MT's look decidedly second hand.
And yes I hope there will be a Swindon Green Version so I can run it about all over Ashington.

I know I’m a bit late on this, but… I would quite like to see a “Tanker and Friends.” That’s just me, of course

Now you guys have me interested as well! I made a RWS like series for an old college project - maybe it's time to revisit it!

Of course this means everybody here gets featured in it
Start picking your engine classes now! :hehe:

Last edited:
It is 100 percent coming to the DLS Rob. Just need to sort out the numbering script before it does.

I hope that you enjoy this model as I have enjoyed yours. :D

Should be possible to do numbering without any scripts if you use the built in alpha number capability. I'm happy to help if needed.

Back