UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Great shot, Ken. Twilight is falling and the fireman had to light the front lamps before leaving the station. Very cool. :cool:

Regards,
Gary

@evilcrow I have and use IM editor but I can’t seem to find anything about the eva_metal.tga application. A google just comes up with garbage. Mind giving me a link to it?

A typo I think; env_metal.bmp or env_metal.tga has been around for ages in Trainz, but it's essential if you want to convert legacy models using m.onetex to m.reflect to get rid of the matt texture appearance in TRS19. It's not difficult to do, just tedious if you have a large collection of older engines needing to get a little bit of a shine on.
Some experimentation might be needed though to find which tags in IM need to be modified.

kb9IXfQ.jpg

re post #4742 slenderman8888
Please see screenie below.
Camscott's 60526 before adjustments and 60539 after.
In IMEditor leave the nameplates as they are. Don't bother altering any textures that involve windows or glass (If present).
Don't forget the wheels, tone down the "Specular" and "Shininess" values for these items, this part will be a touch "suck it and see".
It gets very complicated when dealing with Alphas.
The effect and adjustment in TRS19 varies from author to author, but the early Camscott models are reasonably receptive.

re post #4743 Heinrich505
Thanks for the compliment Gary, the lights are on quite simply because I don't know how to turn them off !!:hehe:.
Still getting to grips with TRS19 and cab mode is a pain in the big toe.

re post #4744 KotangaGirl
Thanks for spotting my typo, I seem to be doing it a lot of late, must be increasing "senior moments"!!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

1910 - An NER 124 Class with reflect tweak

I have given the reflect tweak to the NER 124 Class. Here is No. 124 at Ferryhill.

I realised that I originally had the westinghouse pump on the wrong side, so I have shifted it over to the "starboard" side.
The Class had eight members which received Westinghouse brake and there were three variations in the fitment location!

#4733. I've always had a soft spot for the N.E.R. 'R' class (LNER D20) locomotives Frank. Weren't these nicknamed 'Railcrushers' by their crews? - or am I thinking of another N.E.R. loco class.

#4734. Nice snapshot of an N5 (ex GCR 9F) on an empty stock working Ken. You've done a good job of making the N5 look like a cared for locomotive that works for its living with just the right touch of a patina to look realistic.

I gave Ed's new GER T19 a test run down the joint line on my Norfolk layout with the mail train. It's a sweet running engine and it's certainly going to be useful.

rE5Qt9u.jpg

MXFVtTR.jpg

IWm9MGa.jpg

Post #4737: Excellent Shots Annie! I do admire those GER TPOs! I knew Rob had built them but I never knew he made them mail interactive from the get go! I'm assuming he used EDh6's script to pull it off? ;) Regardless they are amazing! I hope someone decides to do a SR TPO set one day! :hehe:

Posts #4740-4746: Superb shots as always Ken. Thank you for posting your settings yet again. I have been wanting to improve the matte textures on my SR Bulleid Q1 I commissioned from Camscott and I think this will most definitely do the trick. The Post Processing settings you gave me before made the Brighton Route look perfect so I am going to give it a shot! :D

Post #4747: Nice NER Display Frank! Ferryhill is starting to really look incredible! Every shot of the J76 (I mean Fletcher 124s excuse me!) are incredible. I find it remarkable that they were able to turn old 0-4-4Ts like the G6 and BTP into such hardworking and stalwart little tanks like the J76 and J77 - really speaks volumes about the versatility of the NER!

This threads so good it almost make one want to change out my own work to UK .... Almost . Fantastic shots all .

Matt

It's been know to happen :D

Great shots, Tanker46. Your progress is always fun to see. I see it was laundry day - I'm sure the steam engines made a mess of things, eh? :eek:

OBblm00.jpg
[/IMG]

Indeed it was Gary! Those houses belong to the Vicar and his bishop! Thankfully, the parish is far enough from the railway that the soot and smoke don't usually spoil the clean robes and sheets - unless there's a hardworking C2x or K Class on a heavy coal drag up the Quarry Line to London! :hehe:

FlzNJ6C.jpg
[/IMG]

Speaking of hardworking, the local Coulsdon to Three Bridges train is coasting down the Quarry Line on it return trip. The engine is one the our resident Swanage expert knows very well! LSWR M7 Class No. 30053! Long before it made a home at Swanage, this Drummond Motor Tank was a frequent resident of the Sussex Lines, often being roaded at Brighton, and Fratton. In 1961, 30053 was allocated to Three Bridges for most of its remaining working life, with the exception of a small stint at Turnbridge Wells West until it's transfer to Bournemouth in 1964 where it was withdrawn.

Today, it's making the return trip from North Coulsdon with a three car train made up of elderly Billington 48ft coaching stock. I realize that the ex-LBSCR stock was most likely retired by this point but I feel nothing captures the feeling of traveling through the Sussex countryside than with coaches designed to operate it. So let's just say they've been set aside for preservation for the Fellhall and Moorhurst line! ;)

Tanker, I see that there's been some hard work done on your route.

However, FYI, Fletcher's 124 Class was not a rebuild of his BTP, but was built as an 0-6-0 well tank as a development from his BTP 0-4-4WT. They were built as goods engines (the NER at the time building three categories of engine, passenger engines, goods engines and shunting engines. Wilson Worsdell both fitted his steel boilers to the 124s as well as side tanks (though one, N0.211 got a saddle tank until it was later also switched to side tanks) in order to extend their range.

Annie, I have never heard or seen the term "rail crushers" used for the R Class (D20), though to be honest I have not seen it as a nickname for any NER engine. That is not to say that they never had a nickname, it is just I have not encountered that one.

[FONT=&quot]Annie, I have never heard or seen the term "[/FONT]rail crushers" used for the R Class (D20), though to be honest I have not seen it as a nickname for any NER engine. That is not to say that they never had a nickname, it is just I have not encountered that one.

There was a book in the school library (hundreds of of years ago) when I was a schoolgirl that had a photograph of what I'm sure was a N.E.R. R class and it was stated that the class was nicknamed 'rail crushers'. Understandably I cannot remember for the life of me what the title of the book was, but I think it was published in the 1950s.

Tanker, I see that there's been some hard work done on your route.

However, FYI, Fletcher's 124 Class was not a rebuild of his BTP, but was built as an 0-6-0 well tank as a development from his BTP 0-4-4WT. They were built as goods engines (the NER at the time building three categories of engine, passenger engines, goods engines and shunting engines. Wilson Worsdell both fitted his steel boilers to the 124s as well as side tanks (though one, N0.211 got a saddle tank until it was later also switched to side tanks) in order to extend their range.

Annie, I have never heard or seen the term "rail crushers" used for the R Class (D20), though to be honest I have not seen it as a nickname for any NER engine. That is not to say that they never had a nickname, it is just I have not encountered that one.

Thank you for your praise Frank! I owe a lot of it to you! :D I'll have to let the LNER Encyclopedia know that the info in incorrect on the 124's page. It has it written that they were rebuilt from the BTPs instead of being built off as a development to them. Thank you for supplying me with fresh new information!

Rail Crushers sounds like an amazing name for a band Annie! And not a bad name for many of the Articulated locos the US has... :hehe:

Is it possible that the nickname is a personal nickname given by individuals or the crews that manned them? When my grandpa's ex-pat friend took mixed goods trains from Eastleigh to Basingstoke, he would run into the N15X locos and their crews. A lot of them used the term "South Pats" (as a nickname for the N15Xs given their appearance looked vaguely like an unrebuilt Fowler Patriot) but you would never hear any other railwayman or book describe them with that name!

Perhaps a similar situation is afoot with the R Class? Something to think about.

Some great shots all,

New PC arrived yesterday so after 24 hours of reinstalling everything, Swanage is back up and running!

3Wbll2R.jpg

Wz0zow9.jpg

wn6oXhB.jpg

BoSLOcN.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Welcome Back Parker!!

It's so funny of how I posted the Swanage M7 and you appear! I'm sincerely glad to have you with us. :)

I've got a surprise for you in the works. Stay tuned for it!! ;)

Took a break from the Brighton Route today and decided to journey north to Yorkshire to try out 30583's version of the Midsomer Valley Railway, designed by our very own HotShotJimmy! I quite like this route and I decided to take it on as a conversion project to backdate it into the Pre-Grouping Era. I haven't made any modifications yet as I have both the Brighton Route and a Dearnby Refinery segment to finish, but I wanted to get a feel for the route and what can be done with it.

FCLwVh4.jpg
[/IMG]

I styled it to be operated as a joint route between the L&Y and the Furness Railway. Even though I know the route is set miles away from Barrow, I never get a chance to field my many FR locos built by Camscott and Robd. So I ran it as such and I was surprised how well it worked!

YjPTVfg.jpg
[/IMG]

ZpBava5.jpg
[/IMG]

KHPLRK6.jpg
[/IMG]

zAeIviL.jpg
[/IMG]

B0mu9us.jpg
[/IMG]

ZQN15nd.jpg
[/IMG]

gZXVPIY.jpg
[/IMG]

lb7B7lh.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46,
Great shots of the route, and it had me looking up the Furness Railway, as I was completely unfamiliar with it.

I absolutely love the shots of the FR 4-6-4t No. 117, especially where she is pulling the 5 wagon blue & white passenger consist. What a beauty! :cool:

Regards,
Gary

@Tanker,

I saw the image and immediately had to go into Swanage to give 30053 a run! Excellent shots though, the project seems to be coming along nicely!

I wonder what the surprise could be? My mind is racing with anticipation now!

Cheers,

PLP

Not doing much at the moment as I'm back with being sleepy and falling asleep all the time.

#4746. Looks like you're making TRS19 your own Ken.

#4750. Good to see some more of your town building Tanker.

#4757. I had a quick look at Hotshotjimmy's Midsomer Valley Railway, but I'm trying to stay away from being distracted by any more routes at the moment since I have some of my own I want to finish. Nice to see your own screenshots though Tanker, - and especially the Furness models by RobD and Camscott which are rare sights in pre-grouping screenshots.

#4755. Great to see that you've got Swanage up and running again PLP. It looks really nice on your new computer too.

Kotanga Girl Annie know how you feel just downloading the Midsommer Extension by Adamgillesa and its sessions This route is addictive'

Still more great screen hots Guys and Ladies

Tom

I made a start on giving my Beyer-Peacock single driver locomotives the m.reflect and env_metal treatment. Not too bad for an old TS2004 digital model.
This Beyer-Peacock design first saw light of day in the mid 1850's and they were very successful with some lasting into the first decade of the 20th century. Very much one of the favourites in my collection of legacy locomotives.

AnH7Ad0.jpg

Back