UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

That's awfully rotten luck PLP. Hopefully that backup copy you have won't be too far out of date so you can rebuild. Swanage was well on the way to becoming a classic so fingers crossed.

Yet more excellent screenshots from you Ken. The world might be going to hell in a handcart, but we can depend on you to bring back the old railways in all their smoke and glory.

I had a look at your new blog Andy, - really nice work. The pictures look good and the words are well written and informative.

Rob, you are definitely Mr DMU at the moment.

I've been sleeping too much so haven't been around much. I've put Minehead on a temporary pause and I've been playing trains on the Windweather Tramway on my Norfolk layout. Shunting and trip working on the tramways always helps to cheer me up.

A van to be dropped off at the lighthouse was one of the jobs this trip, Run round the train at Winkle Bay station and then propell the wagons along the lighthouse branch to drop the van off at the store shed.

ympFeHS.jpg

hHEXP7e.jpg

re post #4644 KotangaGirl
Thanks Annie for the compliment, a steam hauled handcart to hell would be acceptable, been on too many so called steam railtours with an unadvertised diesel (box) on the back of the train of late.
re post #4643 Dermmy
Thanks for the compliment Andy.
re post #4642 Heinrich505
Hello Gary, it's a Stanier 2-6-4T, a forerunner of the BR Standard 4MT.
If you want one (payware) http://gplocomotives.com/stanier-4p-2-6-4t/

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken.

Another masterpiece Ken!

Just curious if that's my reskin of the lever in the foreground? If it is, you must have been playing trainz across the pond, cause I'm pretty sure it was a 3rd party distribution with my routes and didn't go to the dls!! It's a simple enough change though, I doubt if I'm the only person thought the original was a bit bright...

Thanks Annie :)

Cheers!!

Last edited:
Some fantastic shots as ever!

Sadly, my hard drive has failed taking everything with it - Swanage included - and rather than buy a new hard drive I'm going to bite the bullet and fork out on a completely new custom PC.

I have a wedding to pay for first though so hopefully within the next year I'll be back! I do have a relatively recent backup of Swanage that I managed to salvage so fingers crossed.

Cheers,

PLP

That's horrible!! I'm sorry you had that happen to you Parker. Borderreiver got me in the habit of backing up routes so I started Dropboxing the Brighton Route last year. It's pretty cheap and has almost unlimited storage (If you're trying to save Swanage that is!)

Congrats on the wedding and I look forward to the day you can return to us. We'll be here when you get back don't worry!!

re post #4646 Dermmy,
Hello Andy, the lever shown in my screenshot is by Fred24, <kuid2:185550:28038:2> "Levier a contre poids gauche".
Cheers, Ken

Off Topic: I know fred24's content well, and that lever is my absolute fav. What kinda person has a fav Trainz lever? It's almost scary! Anyway the :1 version of that asset had very light coloured sleepers, I did a 10 second reskin to better match the track I was using and distributed it (with permission) in route content packs from my old website. It looks like the reskin has become the 'official' :2 version, a change I haven't caught up with. I hope nobody takes that as a 'complaint', it isn't, just an observation... :)

Back On Topic - great shot again, looks like the sun has finally come out ;)

That's horrible!! I'm sorry you had that happen to you Parker. Borderreiver got me in the habit of backing up routes so I started Dropboxing the Brighton Route last year. It's pretty cheap and has almost unlimited storage (If you're trying to save Swanage that is!)

Congrats on the wedding and I look forward to the day you can return to us. We'll be here when you get back don't worry!!

Thanks all, that's a good idea tanker, I need to look at online storage.

I've taken the plunge and - as the wedding is well within budget - I've spent £2,100 on a custom gaming PC... Should be here within the next few weeks!

Then the fun of reinstalling everything and searching for missing assets begins...

Cheers,

PLP

4COR 5 Car Set departing from Earlswood Station en route to Brighton

pCNkRjT.jpg
[/IMG]

6DD4R7c.jpg
[/IMG]

North Horley Yards - Circa 1950:

win4gMO.jpg
[/IMG]

YubZMDX.jpg
[/IMG]

As far as I know, nobody has given PaulHobbs' (still pretty good) Gresley A3 any love since edh6 released his A1/A3s, so I decided... well, I have this guy installed, might as well use him.
IWHyjCY.png

Last edited:
Awesome screenshots, Ken! Quick question - where did you get that Gresley K2 and those coaches? I’ve never seen the K2 in your screenshots, but I’ve seen those coaches plenty of times. Just wondering, that’s all.

There's nothing wrong with the top one, but Ken that second shot is absolutely splendid!! I have TANE, but it's arrival coincided with my hard drive crash and I have never ever got around to even installing it, skipping straight to 19, but that moody, atmospheric lighting is something I would have enjoyed playing with.

In the somewhat brighter TRS19 light of high summer, this shot of Dintdale Junction loco facilities finds several unlikely visitors simmering quietly between duties:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I hinted a while ago that Dintdale was getting close to release, the delay has been partly due to me playing with other routes - I habitually work on three or four different projects at a time - but largely because of the frustration caused by the release of a single asset's 'updated' version which was closer to an entirely new asset - a simple road intersection, but changed in several ways which effectively 'broke' the road system on the route - a change in the physical dimensions, plus the location of the 'invisible' road the cars actually follow, and a different arrangement of attachment points. The licence on the original asset is open so I have cloned it and given it my kuid, but 'mocrossing' assets can't be automatically swapped, and there was a fiddle involving the invisible road required on each junction which is also broken when the original asset is removed, so a fair bit of bad language is required to complete each swap. As a result the route has languished on the back burner longer than it should, but the intersection replacement is about done, and there is very little actual route-building left to do - so 'soon'.....

Andy

Last edited:
Wow, - I go to sleep for a few days and there's sooooo many really nice new screenshots for me to see when I get back.

Ken, your artistry with light and shadow in TANE is improving with every screenshot you post. The first screenshot in #4657 is one that particularly caught my attention.

#4654. Rumour3, your early morning goods train screenshot is beautifully atmospheric and very nicely done.

#4655. Your Brighton project inches ever closer to completion Tanker. I've not seen that 4COR 5 Car Set before, - is that one of Jay Holland's models?

#4659. Always good to see more of Dintdale Andy. I'll be very much looking forward to when you release Dintdale to the DLS. I feel your pain about the 'updated' road asset. Creators who update assets without a thought as to what their 'update' is going to break are not my favourite people.

Various snaps taken in and around Moxbury on my alternative Norfolk layout.

Fresh from Darlington Works and seen here at Moxbury's MPD Camscott's latest L&Y class 5 has been well work waiting for.

HGLiHPY.jpg

MS&LR class 9F No.533 at Bunbury station on its way to Moxbury.

qYR6Iiu.jpg

An 'Aberdare' would be a very rare visitor to Norfolk even if it did arrive via Moxbury, but with the SP3 'upgrade' having made decapod.'s Dean Goods invisible in Driver I'm having to improvise. Watching the outside cranks in motion on Barney's 'Aberdare' make for an adequate form of compensation though.

LL0ZjUr.jpg

Last edited:
Whilst on the subject of SR, I have been commissioned (by US client) to produce a bunch of SR signal boxes (in similar vein to my LNER boxes on the DLS), in SR as well as BR livery. They will be sent up to the DLS eventually when completed. They are available for purchase email me paulztrainzusa@gmail.com for details. Here are some of them, and some of you might recognize ....

SR Sig Boxes 1.jpg (992×453) (myenet.info)
SR Sig Boxes 2.jpg (1109×645) (myenet.info)
SR Sig Boxes 3.jpg (1393×918) (myenet.info)
SR Sig Boxes 4.jpg (882×552) (myenet.info)
SR Sig Boxes 5.jpg (738×574) (myenet.info)
SR Sig Boxes 6.jpg (830×646) (myenet.info)
SR Sig Boxes 7.jpg (670×502) (myenet.info)

still WIP but I will get there

Last edited:
Whilst on the subject of SR, I have been commissioned (by US client) to produce a bunch of SR signal boxes (in similar vein to my LNER boxes on the DLS), in SR as well as BR livery. They will be sent up to the DLS eventually when completed. They are available for purchase email me paulztrainzusa@gmail.com for details. Here are some of them, and some of you might recognize ....

still WIP but I will get there

Guilty as charged Paul! :hehe:

I can't thank you enough for all of the work you've done on these. They are worth their weight in bills!

QPQHprD.jpg
[/IMG]

c0MwalR.jpg
[/IMG]

QVckx2k.jpg
[/IMG]

E4FFPcZ.jpg
[/IMG]

#4655. Your Brighton project inches ever closer to completion Tanker. I've not seen that 4COR 5 Car Set before, - is that one of Jay Holland's models?

Thank you for the words of encouragement Annie! And yes, the 4COR Set is indeed a product of Jayholland's extreme brilliance. Honestly, it's thanks to his vast collection of LBSCR/SR/BR Assets that I have been able to advance the project as far as I have been.

In addition, I have noticed the same problem with all of Decapod's tender locos. The SECR O1 is no longer appearing. Guess I might have to commission one from Camscott now!

Speaking of Paul's fantastic works, here's the signal box at Redhill since that's the major project I am working on right now. (Besides a special refinery for Lataxe!) It's a bit barren but Redhill Tunnel and the Quarry Line have been laid in preparation for the journey north. The signal box really ties in the junction as well as the other boxes do at their respective locations.

g0G0ZHD.jpg
[/IMG]

z21qMX7.jpg
[/IMG]

d7aOoib.jpg
[/IMG]

S5WBZv4.jpg
[/IMG]

There will be be more "railway buildings" from Redhill in the near future as well - stay tuned! ;)

Back