UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

That's a very interesting junction you have there in your screenshot Ken.

Playing trains on Lickey in TANE. It's very nice to have this layout up and running properly again as it's a lot of fun to operate. I haven't really set the lighting up properly yet as I've been mainly concentrating on making sure everything is working as it should. I think I'm going to keep Lickey in TANE since TRS19 screws up the older legacy spline assets I used on the layout. There's supposed to be some kind of fix for this coming soon (tm), but I'm not going to worry about it.

CSd7TT0.jpg

W2CZbbj.jpg

That's a very interesting junction you have there in your screenshot Ken.

Playing trains on Lickey in TANE. It's very nice to have this layout up and running properly again as it's a lot of fun to operate. I haven't really set the lighting up properly yet as I've been mainly concentrating on making sure everything is working as it should. I think I'm going to keep Lickey in TANE since TRS19 screws up the older legacy spline assets I used on the layout. There's supposed to be some kind of fix for this coming soon (tm), but I'm not going to worry about it.

Excellent screenshots Annie!

I totally understand you decision regarding the Lickey Incline route. There are so many assets that just don't transfer over well to TRS19.

7xR9Tgt.jpg
[/IMG]

Something new from me as well. Pilotwoo is having me Beta Test the Rebuilt Atlantics. So far they are nothing short of astounding. :D

kdwZa9z.jpg
[/IMG]

sT6OUmm.jpg
[/IMG]

98Lt6Jj.jpg
[/IMG]

fBVNy8b.jpg
[/IMG]

Also picked up the Class 27 too! I've been waiting for this little L&Y loco for much to long! :hehe:

pMTJxFt.jpg
[/IMG]

LW8ZkFa.jpg
[/IMG]

N5ZCTY6.jpg
[/IMG]

Something new from me as well. Pilotwoo is having me Beta Test the Rebuilt Atlantics. So far they are nothing short of astounding. :D

I am sooooooo impatiently waiting for Pilotwoo to release these rebuilt Atlantics. And I have to say Camscott's L&Y class 27 is a very sweet runner indeed.

Nice screenshots by the way Tanker.

They are something else Annie I can certainly attest to that.

I wanted the ability to run the Atlantics on Dearnby in the 1930s era and now I am able to with these! They operated out of Oxford so I can definitely justify their exsistence in the region just like the Basingstoke based N15Xs.

Pilotwoo and I have become rather close friends over the last few months and I can honestly say he's one of the kindest and most talented guys I know. He's got a great future in Trainz if he continues to pursue it. I'm proud to know him.

These are definitely going to be worth the wait. I can say without a doubt that these are a fantastic operators on any GWR Route.

Camscott's Class 27 performs above and beyond as I knew it would. Camscott's models still are something I will always consider to be the Gold Standard of UK Trainz.

I'm not able to really justify having the Class 27 on site during the Pre-Grouping Era but I find it entirely possible that it could be sent down to St.Bennet on transfer goods Pre-1928 and as a surplus goods loco during WW2.

BR Era is simple since the Class 27s started to get displaced from their usual work around the mid 50s and early 60s. It's not impossible for St.Bennet to scoop one up to replace elderly 4Fs or Cauliflower designs.

Regardless I am extremely happy I picked it up. Thanks for setting the cogs in motion that lead to it's release!! :D

re post #4403 KotangaGirl
One can always return to TANE when TRS19 plays up. I hope the next fix for TRS19 solves the many probs. I need to move on for the sake of the latest models.
Annie, nice to see the Lickey.
Re post #4404 Tanker46
Goodly shots there Tanker. You show the latest locos to good effect.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Annie just a suggestion but why don't you use this excellent resource for your redoing Cornwall etc. https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/sid...0.12483&lon=-5.51690&layers=193&right=BingHyb you have a then and now side by side and also you can go back to the 1900's over most of the UK ? I just thought it might help?

I can see that being very useful for seeing what the actual lie of the land looks like Steviez which isn't always clear from an OS map so thanks for the suggestion. I'm gradually building up a digital collection of 25 inch to the mile OS maps for Cornwall via the wonderful resources at the NLS, but there are gaps in their archive and it's not always possible to find useful historic photos.

re post #4403 KotangaGirl
One can always return to TANE when TRS19 plays up. I hope the next fix for TRS19 solves the many probs. I need to move on for the sake of the latest models.
Annie, nice to see the Lickey.

Re post #4404 Tanker46
Goodly shots there Tanker. You show the latest locos to good effect.

Still in TANE

<picture snipped>

Cheers, Ken

Thanks Ken. Fortunately most if not all of my engines I run on Lickey are legacy engines so they are fine in TANE, but that is the dilemma with TRS19 as more and more good quality locos and rolling stock models are being created as being for TS2019/TRS19 only. Lickey is a lot of fun to operate as its original creator took the trouble to accurately model the bank itself in terms of length and gradient. I spent quite a bit of time rebuilding rest of the trackwork to the correct 1930s layout so that the prototypical banking movements could be followed and then added a lot more off stage storage loops, - so as you can imagine I was a bit upset when that @#!%& bug in TRS19 trashed it.
To be on the safe side though I won't be moving any more of my legacy routes into TRS19 until I know for certain that the track wrecking bug has been fixed.

Last edited:
Now there's a surprise! Are those Camscott's North Staffordshire locos? I don't think I've seen anybody use them in quite some time! They still looks splendid as ever! Bravo Jimmy!

ex94MdN.jpg
[/IMG]

MatJgWo.jpg
[/IMG]

afXidIK.jpg
[/IMG]

MmSqg8e.jpg
[/IMG]

rXQjOoy.jpg
[/IMG]

Finally got the ball rolling on Haywards Heath Station on the Brighton Route. This is about two and a half weeks of work and its still only half done!

Station is in place along with the goods yard, urban coal staithes, and overpass leading out of the station. I also added in the Cattle Dock that Haywards Heath retained until the closure of steam in 1967. It can be found little ways outside the station. Work on the town below is now commencing, but it is going to take a bit to complete. Pretty happy with how it turned out though!

0HBX1oM.jpg
[/IMG]

MMIUcgt.jpg
[/IMG]

In commemoration of the Station's completion, I decided to run in my Maunsell U Class in it's final livery - Bulleid Sunshine Black! Although the route is 1950s centered, Haywards Heath pretty much stayed in the same configuration from the 1930s all the way to the 1970s. I think that a 40 year consistency is pretty amazing for a station on the main line don't you?

Now the U Class has been decked out in all the liveries it carried during it's career - thank you Camscott! :D I also finally started the commission for the SR Liveries for all my LBSCR Locos so stay tuned for a lot more of the same! ;)

bXarl4B.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice shots HotshotJimmy and Tanker46, your route is sure taking shape. Intrigued by the Police Box on the platform.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

That Blue Police Box couldn't be suspicious in the slightest Ken. Love your latest screenshot by the way. The positioning of the two trains at different levels combined with the effects of light and shadow make for an interesting screenshot.

Nice to see further work on your magnum opus Brighton route Tanker.

We don't often get to see Camscott's NSR engines in screenshots Jimmy. Nicely done.

Having seen all the latest screenshots and route creations in this thread (those by the last four people in particular), I wanted to get back into route/screenshot making myself again. It is unfortunate how TRS19 treats 'older' assets that I always use, but the "build bug bite" has not worn off quite yet.

A phoney photograph in some album collection. The station name and date have been smudged by the careless owner.
AWPtEww.jpg

Since this is a "screenshot thread", I will attach unedited version, this can be found here:
https://i.imgur.com/IleORwi.jpg

whats wrong with a blue police box ...love it, i'm a fan, love the screen shot looks like a photo of a real line

Tom

All great screenies people :D and yes I went on a wee shopping spree when I got the Class 27 haha. They're a great addition to the route for personal use of course. Crow is still showing us up with those images from TANE. Gorgeous work. :udrool:

1902 - An M Class and a NER Express Passenger for Liverpool

Lots of work on display lately, a very busy thread.

The NER compound M Class 4-4-0, from 1914 redesignated as 3CC Class.
At the time of allocation to Gateshead shed the King Edward Bridge did not exist, so all traffic to/from the south of the Tyne had to traverse the 3-track High level Bridge built by Robert Stephenson. By 1900 it was clear that the bridge had reached its capacity, becoming a bottleneck to the growing traffic across the Tyne and the company drew up plans for a second crossing.

Intrigued by the Police Box on the platform.

That Blue Police Box couldn't be suspicious in the slightest Ken.

whats wrong with a blue police box ...love it, i'm a fan, love the screen shot looks like a photo of a real line

Ah! So many questions about that! :D

I spoke with the stationmaster about it and he had no idea where it came from. All I know is that some bloke asked if he could pay to keep it there. Said he was some sort of 'Doctor' but he didn't look like any doctor I've ever seen. :hehe:

The NSR locos are an excellent addition Jimmy. It was one of the last loco packs I bought from Camscott but by god do they operate well.

They have a home on my PLL Route in TANE with the rest of my LMS Locos. I really should revisit it one of these days, that New K 0-6-2T is so fun to run in! :)

1958 - A3 power

During the summer of 1958 Gateshead shed's A3 Pacific SANSOVINO finds itself far from home turf on a summer evening up secondary passenger working on the southern ECML. The five Thompson carriages are in a minority, with six BGs of mixed Gresley and Thompson designs in the consist, three at each end. Several carriages in the consist remain in the earlier carmine/carmine and cream liveries.

Approaching Grantham with the up working. There will be an extended stop in order to load the parcels for London Kings Cross and to unload any bound for Grantham.

SANSOVINO gets away from Grantham, steam threatening to obscure the Gresley Diagram 245, 43 and 45 BGs at the head of the train.

Getting in to her stride as she leaves Grantham. Next stop Peterborough.

For decades, this was the way parcels moved along the Great Northern Main line, in vans attached to secondary passenger services. In many cases there were more vans than passenger carriages and nobody could expect fast timings when each stop was extended for loading/unloading. At some stops vans could be added or removed, further extending the stop. SANSOVINO went in to Doncaster works in October 1958, just a year after emerging from there after a light casual and in October 1958 received a double chimney along with a boiler change, exchanging dgm 94A 27042 for dgm 94A 27076.

Last edited:
re post #4419 Tanker46
I am intrigued no more Alexander, who knows what might happen in Trainz.
re post #4420 borderriver.
Most enjoyable read and goodly shots.

Cheers, Ken

Ashington is one of those nice older layouts that I have a big soft spot for. It's a late 1950s Western Region BR branchline layout put together creatively with what assets were available at the time and despite using a certain amount of S&C railway buildings still manages to carry off being a WR layout. All I really needed to do was change out some of the old legacy trees and upgrade and adjust some of the signalling and Ashington was good to go in TRS19.
Some 2MT standard tank engines were transferred to the Western Region in the late 1950s to work on branchlines and that was all the excuse I needed to dust off No. 41202.

OD7hMxm.jpg

Back