UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Yes definitely keep on bashing Dermmy. I've very much been enjoying seeing your Dales adventures.

Gosh Frank that is one lovely screenshot.

Nice screenshots Super Speed. That's certainly an interesting website you've found.

I'm getting somewhere with Ponsandane Sidings at last. Once I reinstated the missing trackwork that was torn up post-1974 I started to get somewhere. The trackwork is still somewhat of a Reader Digest version, but it should be properly workable in a railway like manner now. It all looks a bit raw and bare still, but I'll get to that once I've done some testing to make sure it all works properly.

The slightly down on its luck looking brick building opposite John Whelan's lovely GWR signal box is representing what was believed to be a repurposed station building from the early days of the West Cornwall Railway. It was used as a shunter's bothy as well as providing an office for the wagon inspectors.

OVTX9Qd.jpg

egRW0Sw.jpg

My Swindon built 2MT 'Micky Mouse' 2-6-0 by Paulz Trainz. A genuine Cornwall engine. I used this model to undertake a lot of testing on the TS19 updated version of the Cornwall Mainline so it seemed sensible to use it again as a test engine this time around.

xSAOcWs.jpg

Last edited:
Nice screenshots Super Speed. That's certainly an interesting website you've found.

Lovely pictures Kotangagirl and thank you for the kind comment!

I will point out that I didn't actually find the website, an online friend by the name of Connor actually told me he was creating models and the next thing I knew, he showed me his website!(Where had kindly decided to release his work for free)
:D

Your own work never ceases to amaze and impress me! :Y:
You're always up to something new and no matter what era you choose, you always have something new, interesting and unique to show off and talk about! :)

I hope your project goes well, along with everyone else's here, I especially love Bord's 'North East England' screenshots!
:clap:
(I recently practised Newcastle and to the North Pre-1906 style as described!)

Last edited:
Here we see a London & North Eastern P1 on an express van train headed for Peterborough, being overtaken by an ex-GCR B4 Class heading in the same direction.

I would like to point out that The P1 is an edit I made by combining edh6's Wartime Black A1 with the front bogey of his L2 and the driving bogey which I reskinned from the old streamlined P2.

unknown.png

Hi all: Username 'clekev' came about after a two-year Trainz hiatus which followed a total hard disk fail which cost me lots of work on three very significant US-themed routes. Backups? Sorry, I don't understand the question.... "Dermmy's" password was long forgotten, so 'clekev' was invented at the time I was in a position to download Ts19. Helpdesk have since helped me resolve the dual identity problem.
The UK themed route I have been working on in the interim boils down to a very few miles of double track 'main' (savage curves abound) and a mineral/private/whatever branch which serves two quarries. The DEM base is part of my old East Kentucky route (is anybody still reading??) but once stripped of it's tree cover, if the room is dark enough it vaguely passes as maybe Dales/Highlands or something. Very vaguely...
I mean to move onto a more 'serious' non-UK route (Australia this time!) but the point of this ramble is that if more than a couple of people express an interest in this whimsical flight of fancy, it's not that far off 'finished' (rofl) and I'm happy to bash on with it and shoot it up to the DLS. Comments invited....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Third screenie was taken before Ed updated the textures on the 0-6-0

Cheers, Andy ;)

Ah! I see! To quote one of my favorite animated programs.

You thought it was Clekev, BUT IT WAS I DERMMY!! :hehe:

Jokes aside it's a very happy thing that you've regained your account Dermmy. I had the same problem with my previous account. I used to go by "NineElms" way back in the TS2010 days but the account was lost to time. I have thought about renaming this account but everyone already knows me as "Tanker" so I guess it's here to stay!

Congratulations on getting your account back buddy! Looking forward to more of your amazing screenshots! :D

P.S Can you tell me what that little tank engine is? I'm pretty sure that's a new face to the UK Trainz scene and I am immensely curious!

Here we see a London & North Eastern P1 on an express van train headed for Peterborough, being overtaken by an ex-GCR B4 Class heading in the same direction.

I would like to point out that The P1 is an edit I made by combining edh6's Wartime Black A1 with the front bogey of his L2 and the driving bogey which I reskinned from the old streamlined P2.

unknown.png

Okay I'm going to be honest with you - this is really impressive! I like the way you worked the components into the initial mesh! Everything looks great from where I can see it!

I think that your P1 is definitely an excellent reskin and would be a smash hit for LNER fans if you decided to put it out there. It's the very first incarnation of a P1 introduced to Trainz too! Pretty special! :)

Have you shown it to Edh6 yet? I'm pretty sure he'd be impressed with it as well. Our reskinning extraordinare KotangaGirl has excellent experience with bogey editing and texture alteration so if you ever want advice she's the one to go to!

Bravo to you and your excellent P1 Stepney! You've got a real talent there! :D

Cheers Tanker, much obliged! :D

If I think about it, I will show it to edh6.

Oh, for the record, you can refer to me as Connor if you want, mainly because that is my name hahah.

So much has happened on this this thread of late, new downloads, new routes, clekev identified as 'Dermmy the Masked Trainzer".
Many thanks to all for making this hobby so enjoyable.

Still in TANE

Cheers, evilcrow

There are some fantastic screenshots on here today & I submit a BR 9f 92219 on a Summer Saturday holiday extra to the South Coast. For the final leg will hand over to SR engine as it is too large for the turntable at destination. Will wait return working late afternoon.

Last edited:
Thankyou so much for all the kind comments, I'll bring the route up to a presentable level and upload it....

P.S Can you tell me what that little tank engine is? I'm pretty sure that's a new face to the UK Trainz scene and I am immensely curious!

The little green 0-6-0? Available from the DLS, MGWR E Class, Kuid2:523061:100966:1, also available in later black livery K2:**:100959:1. It's a nice little loco as-is, but if someone worked some TRS19 magic on the skin it would be a gem...

Andy

Thankyou so much for all the kind comments, I'll bring the route up to a presentable level and upload it....

The little green 0-6-0? Available from the DLS, MGWR E Class, Kuid2:523061:100966:1, also available in later black livery K2:**:100959:1. It's a nice little loco as-is, but if someone worked some TRS19 magic on the skin it would be a gem...

Andy

Yes I thought that little 0-6-0 was an Irishman! I have a friend who models Irish lines in 'O' gauge and i was sure I'd seen that distinctive tall chimney somewhere before. Basically Ireland's answer to the Terrier and certainly very borrowable for a freelance line.

#4291. Always fun to go rambling about with a 2P Tailight.

Last edited:
re recent from Borderreiver
Smashing shots and info. The pub in #4239 beckons.
re post #4249 KotangaGirl
Have you tried using the ambient and sun dials set towards a more grey shade.
Nice shots though Annie.

Still in TANE

Cheers, Ken

Hi Ken, I'm blown away with how good my loco looks in this shot. Have you modified it in any way? Thanks, Gary.

Dermmy,
Now that you mention it, I thought there was something familiar about your screenshot. I've spent a fair bit of time on your EK3 route, which is still a masterpiece of workmanship. Sadly, the Endless Coal session never worked in TANE, which would have really been slick to run.

Altering it to a UK route is pretty cool. I'm excited to see that you'll be putting it out in that format.

Regards,
Heinrich505

Long Rock MPD at Penzance. Still a WIP, but it's getting there. For some reason a large group of buildings surrounded by security fencing had been placed on the MPD site and nothing like them can be seen in any steam era photos so I deleted them all and had a go at making something that looks like the steam era Long Rock MPD. I had to make compromises in order to use what's available, but I think it's mostly recognisable as Long Rock. The combined water tank and coal drops were a landmark at Long Rock for many years and it was the last part of the old MPD to be demolished during the BR Blue error. Hopefully 'Motorway' Marples is presently gainfully employed shovelling out the ashpits down in Hell.

mI6TXEb.jpg

0dGy9WJ.jpg

Do any of you use BF Waygauges? I've been using them to help maintain track alignment with all the trackwork alterations I've had to make at Penzance and they are really useful. Just type 'BF waygauge' into search in CM and you'll find them.

eJUhvBu.jpg

Last edited:
I have a full sized digital copy of the 1937 25 inch to mile OS map of Long Rock and Marazion now which is absolutely brilliant. There is so much 1980's modern clutter on the layout in this area where there should be nothing, but open fields and mashes for miles. As you can guess the modern clutter isn't there anymore.
I sent No.46509 out on a test run and all the signals worked fine and nothing derailed so that was a relief. The OS map shows signal placements, but not what they are and despite having every BR (WR) signal there is for Trainz including some very special ones I still ended up having difficulty with finding the right signal for the job in some places.

vyhZdKJ.jpg

There is now a double track line all the way to Penzance station. The section from Long Rock signal box to Marazion still needs to be aligned properly and the station rebuilt, but trains are able to run.

87Iapio.jpg

Penzance has marshes which are almost as good as fens. It's only really track alignment and properly spacing the running lines to be done on the way to St Erth. I have no idea what needs doing to the station and yards there yet.

tB7rTey.jpg

Slightly off topic, and sorry to quote a pic, but does anyone know a fix for (or the reason for) that sleeper-less length of track in Annie's screenshot? I have the same thing in about one out of four junctions and blowed if I can figure out what makes the offending track different from identical junctions elsewhere.

Also a note on the signal placement...
I've been away for a while, but unless there has been a change in fundamentals the signal will only work properly if placed in advance of the diverging spline point, ie about 10 sleepers closer to the camera...

Andy ;)

Slightly off topic, and sorry to quote a pic, but does anyone know a fix for (or the reason for) that sleeper-less length of track in Annie's screenshot? I have the same thing in about one out of four junctions and blowed if I can figure out what makes the offending track different from identical junctions elsewhere.

That single slip, now a double slip, has been a pain. I found that making sure that the whole switch assembly was level was important and then it came down to micro adjusting all the spline points until the sleepers came back again. I don't know the exact reason, but twists or tensions in the wrong place seem to stop the magic from happening.

Andy

Yes it's possible using IMeditor, however I've just read that I've broken the license, so rest of post deleted. Sorry FiachraIR.

Chris.

Last edited:
Hello Annie, I feel your pain with the double slip. On the Scarborough, Whitby and Redbridge routes I have been working on these past few months I felt compelled to use a fixed track 4.0 rail gauge rather than the UK normal 3.5. This has allowed me to squeeze in the junctions for the single and double slips where required using a fixed track 3.0m segment between the tracks to give me a minimum segment of straight tack between the ends of the two turnouts/slips. It is a departure from the prototype but I have had to come to terms with it at smaller junction locations. I have not tried it on the denser sites such as Newcastle or Darlington since the cumulative effect of this easing across multiple tracks will soon add up to a significant difference across the width of the location.

Last edited:
Back