UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

I'm going through some LMS books and I find some great pictures of 1930's sheds. Then I realise Dacre Sgeds needed some proper tlc, not without a few issues popping up. One of which I got a pic of before it "went away" :hehe:.

C5E47941A6401817F4D6B273DC47B0E912D0C641

F1C35C9D2A2BFD679EEB915FDF4A8CF03999361F

43945C9E80BBC97838B8318819BB5DBF949EC093

6EF98A0EB8022B3AAF48061CC74E7A7C9377C6E8

There's a bit of a backstory to this slightly unorthodox screenshot: I was running a test train through some animated gated level crossings which I have managed to make work using the Atlas system but which have a glitch between the LOD and tracking camera placement, if the view is too long the LOD cuts out the animation. Midway through, I was distracted by a conversation in the room behind me. I swivelled around to put in my two bobs worth, but knowing that the next crossing was approaching, without really looking at the computer I hit 'P' on the keyboard to pause the sim. Conversation done, I turned back to the screen to be confronted by this, frozen in perfect broadside.

Trainboi, it's a thing of utter beauty, 3D modelling at it's very best. Thankyou....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Andy :)

Edit: Correcting an awful goof in attributing a model to the wrong creator. Sincere apologies to both.

Last edited:
#4219. Ed's NER 'J' class is a fine looking locomotive Tanker. It even manages to make my old NER litho coaches look good.

Your Litho Coaches look marvelous as is Annie! You always have a knack for bringing the best out of the textures on a piece of rolling stock!

Thank you all and thank "U" Tanker46 for the U.
31806 out on the main line (real world) this summer and has already worked a railtour.

Thank U Ken! :hehe: I'm really pleased with the outcome of this model as well. It wasn't an easy one but Camscott used his Modeling Wizardry to create a beautiful depiction of the SR's most reliable mogul. I might actually commission more SR "Standard" Designs from him in the future - they'd definitely be a help to all my routes!

More developments from Brighton: The extension to Hassocks has begun! Just laid the trackwork for the station and the sidings. Now testing a "Nutcracker" unit to check for uneven surfaces.

anSK6YF.jpg
[/IMG]

pmkpiFo.jpg
[/IMG]

wDPXZk8.jpg
[/IMG]

Bsprhkn.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I don't see why you'd need the tower Jimmy if you already have the loading bank and coal stage.

Ye I could only find one LMS depot that didn't have a coal tower but I was looking for possibly another voice on the matter. I've removed it anyway so thanks Kotanga. Nearly there now :D

@Tanker,

I've just seen the U - it's absolutely stunning, my thanks to you for commissioning it. It will certainly fill a gap for the Swanage fleet so I look forward to running it once it beocmes available!

Cheers,

PLP

That wasn't that unusual in the days of steam, having a green engine which actually looked green and not caked in soot and grime was more the novelty. Peter

@Tanker,

I've just seen the U - it's absolutely stunning, my thanks to you for commissioning it. It will certainly fill a gap for the Swanage fleet so I look forward to running it once it becomes available!

Cheers,

PLP

I'm glad you like it Parker! I specifically had this one done for you so your approval means a ton! :D All the credit goes to Camscott though. He perservered through months of scaling issues and diagram inaccuracies.

I'm sorry about not being able to secure the K Rebuild variant, but the diagrams for it were impossible to find. I really enjoy the SR Variant though, the model flows well and the cab is excellently set up. If I ever find them one day you know I will be adding it to my list! :)

I hope 31625 finds a good home on the Swanage Railway as the others have found on mine. I will let you know the moment they become available for use so you can add it to your route!

Last edited:
Ed is an exceptional worker; however, I made that particular model. ;)

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who caught that. You're UK Models are in excellent form though Dan. It's a shame we lost you to the States! :hehe:

I'm going to send you a PM Later. I have an update on the 4MT Tank for you! :D

Re post #KotangaGirl
Thanks for the encouragement on TRS19 Annie. I get problems such as ctrl+ scroll middle mouse wheel not giving me a telephoto screenshot. When in driver mode switching from the loco footplate to an internal carriage position causes the train to come to a stuttering halt and going into reverse !!. You route looking good and thanks for all those wagons.
re post #4224 HotshotJimmy.
You could always try a coaling plant from the late BenDorsey. It will need a bit of 'kitbashing', see my screenie.
re post #4226
Smashing shot.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

1926 - Class A7 4-6-2T and a coal load at Beamish Junction

Mid-1920s and an LNER Class A7 4-6-2T mineral engine gets away from Beamish Junction with a loaded coal train from the collieries around Beamish and East Stanley.

The train will run to Low Fell yard via Washington, Gateshead and the Teams junction.

Thanks Rob. having run down the ECML from Low Fell yard with empties for the Beamish waggonway the A7 ran round its train at South Pelaw Junction to reach Beamish Junction. This meant that the brake van was adjacent to the loco, which was perfect for positioning the brake in the empty siding for the outbound loaded tran to be shunted to it.

The empties are deposited in the waggonway and a colliery 0-6-0ST waits at the loops a short distance away to come down and couple up to the empties when the A7 and brake van uncouple. Shunters will apply the brakes before the A7 uncouples.

Last edited:
Re post #KotangaGirl
Thanks for the encouragement on TRS19 Annie. I get problems such as ctrl+ scroll middle mouse wheel not giving me a telephoto screenshot. When in driver mode switching from the loco footplate to an internal carriage position causes the train to come to a stuttering halt and going into reverse !!. You route looking good and thanks for all those wagons.

Thank you very kindly Ken. I'm hopeful that when the new patch for TRS19 is released that most of the annoying glitches will have been fixed. I tend to have just a touch too much green in my environmental lighting, but with the very rural lines I like to build that seems to work out Ok. More wagons will be coming soon as I'm really enjoying doing them as I take a break from more serious projects.

Ye I could only find one LMS depot that didn't have a coal tower but I was looking for possibly another voice on the matter. I've removed it anyway so thanks Kotanga. Nearly there now :D

There's the S&C Durran Hill Coal Stage and the S&C Hellifield Coal Stage you could try Jimmy, both of which I've used in my own layout projects. There's also MR coal stage <kuid2:205318:20029:1> by edgarcraggs that I haven't used myself yet, but it looks interesting.

#4239, #4241. A pair or excellent atmospheric screenshots Frank.

#4233. Nice to see your BR Standard Class 4MT again tailight.

Back