UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Some changes to the grass splines, tidued up some loose ends (grass over the tunnel entrances) and a few other polishing bits and here we have the new signal boxes;

<picture snip>

I'll tackle a drop more tonight and then bring in some help with the session and its rules, just to make it a little bit more interesting MP wise. Possibly going to get some documentation to go with the route and perhaps even an old school timetable that the trains have to run to for those looking for a more immersive MP experience. There'll be a heavy price to pay if you block the line with your coal train :p

Now that does look a lot better. The stone built signal box sits in the landscape like it's a part of it which the old timber built K&ESR signal box really didn't. Nice work, - you're making some really good improvements.

Yep really happy, matches with the water tower. Nothing to funky as they're all of the similar size and the wooden LMS one at Dacre is still there as it is the only one to fit on the bridge. Probably add some more hedging to show the edge of the railways boundary. Still want to keep that open Moor feeling further up the line though so, all about balance.

Looks excellent Jimmy. You really give a great example for route builders to shoot for.

Dearnby and District 1900s - Early coal run from Radyr to Frowhill

ztzcBSp.jpg
[/IMG]

JIUiWTY.jpg
[/IMG]

emfrVON.jpg
[/IMG]

Ypc3OY2.jpg
[/IMG]

HSdeaAK.jpg
[/IMG]

l4SEM4f.jpg
[/IMG]

#4165. Some really great screenshots there Tanker. I particularly like the second one. No. 155 isn't quite standard GWR issue which makes me wonder if it's an absorbed engine from somewhere.

There was a Cardiff Railway 0-6-2T CR-1 class numbered 155, built in 1908, might the loco in the shot be thiat one?

That's it Frank! Good show!!

The loco in question is the Cardiff Railway CR-1 Class No.155 built by Kitson. It was "assimilated" into the GWR eventually after the grouping. *Insert Borg Reference Here*

A friend of mine decided to model it in both Cardiff Black and GWR Green. There are no 5600s in early 1904 GWR livery but I like this quite a bit! Just need to work it into the "Trainz Cinematic Universe" as it is. :hehe:

I've been frequenting as a beta tester for models lately and I have to say it's been quite fun! So many new modellers looking to get their creations into the UK Trainz scene!

P.S. Thanks for the compliment Annie. I have been trying your new wagons and they are absolutely lovely. I'll post some screenshots of those soon!! :D

Last edited:
1914 - Newcastle, a D Class 4-4-4T and the high Level Bridge

One of the first batch of Vincent Raven's 3-cylinder 4-4-4T "D" Class working the 7.42 am service from Newcastle to Middlesbrough via Sunderland.

Clearing the overhead cabin at the eastern end of Newcastle Central heading for the three-track High level Bridge.

On the northern end of the bridge.

The 7.42 is formed of a four-carriage Newcastle Link C set, working number 49. The Link Cs were made up of 52ft carriages, so were better suited for longer distance journeys. However, this did not preclude the company using them on stopping or even branch services and rubbing shoulders with services made up of 49ft carriages. the Link C sets were book-ended by 4-compartment Van Thirds and ran with a Lav Compo having a 5-2 configuration, so were a little better on First Class provision than the Main Line sets (working Nos. 1 - 20). The carriage working roster had a Third Class carriage attached to the Link C set for the 7.42 am service, Saturdays excepted. The code "WT" indicated that it could be either a 49ft or 52ft bogie carriage, so quite likely that a Diagram 178 filled the role. On Saturdays the Link C set had a "WT" attached all day. On the train in the screenshot it is attached outside the trailing 4-compartment Van Third.

The NER D Class became LNER H1 Class after the grouping. between 1933 and 1936 all forty-five members of the class were rebuilt by Gresley to 4-6-2T Class A8.

Last edited:
Great stuff, Frank. Apart from the livery, coaches and a loco rebuild, its just how I remember it in the mid 50s at Sunderland. We had a regular spot between Monkwearmouth yard and Seaburn station.
Best wishes
Ian

That's it Frank! Good show!!

The loco in question is the Cardiff Railway CR-1 Class No.155 built by Kitson. It was "assimilated" into the GWR eventually after the grouping. *Insert Borg Reference Here*

A friend of mine decided to model it in both Cardiff Black and GWR Green. There are no 5600s in early 1904 GWR livery but I like this quite a bit! Just need to work it into the "Trainz Cinematic Universe" as it is. :hehe:

I've been frequenting as a beta tester for models lately and I have to say it's been quite fun! So many new modellers looking to get their creations into the UK Trainz scene!

P.S. Thanks for the compliment Annie. I have been trying your new wagons and they are absolutely lovely. I'll post some screenshots of those soon!! :D

I had a hunch No.155 was a Welsh absorbed engine, but I couldn't remember from where it might have come from. I have some more East Anglian area wagons planned that I'd like to get done as well as some GER 7 plank merchandise wagons that need finishing. I'm still very sleepy so no promises when they might get done.

#4170. Excellent screenshots Frank. A big green tank engine, - what's not to like :)

Thanks Ian, thanks Annie. Good work on the merchandise wagons Annie. The N.E.R. and the L.N.E.R. after it tried several times to find a large tank engine solution to its heavier requirements in the region, though the peristent presence of the G5 0-4-4T through in to BR days indicates that the smaller tank fulfilled a purpose for a very long time. What became the A6 4-6-2T after starting as a 4-6-0, the A8 4-6-2T after their earlier existence as 4-4-4Ts and even the building of a batch of GCR A5 4-6-2Ts for the NE Area. In the end Gresely seems to have found some equilibrium in the challenge with his V1/V3 2-6-2Ts, though they weren't specifically designed for work in the NE Area. Thompson would have a final hurrah with the larger tank engine by turning out his L1 2-6-4T, though they would have a rather short working life.

There has been a lot of excellent stuff over the last few days. most inspiring.
I continue with TRS19, two steps forward and three steps back !!!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

I love the detail in these northern coaches, can't wait to get to use them all on Glen Brae! Well this evening I downed my compass pointer and click-a-plenty and chilled with a cuppa and 3803 for its first coal run in a long long time. Works on the line ground this area of Yorkshire to a halt :p

So here we are at the "new" coal mine out in the middle of the Moors
ED95E3C2766BA64CBABBF0FDC2E01B5F9ECDCF57

32F2B71487BDD714A28EB8E19A1EA211FC5AE63D

63811D1D86E3BCFC7D0D7D2DCE18175E0E43057C

And we're off!
1333BD2715E77CBCE795D6CF00B4D0C6A39A574E

98BB983C7FB8D0DB7CDF2A15C4EC5AADCEA2B4EC

Need to gain some proper speed (30ish) for this first climb
61A5C1AC5566F02D5CD0EC527DD8F1C8E1903980

6478795A54E21E67F17C3DB58FC6C4E5E5917D86

Deary me, these guys are STILL working on these sleepers up here. tut, tut
C32D849C1B5A494E061F59AE59538213B6F67763

Well they saw me, heard me and even smelled me coming so onwards we go on the second climb out of Wath.

Wee Charlies waiting at his usual spot to wave as the 7F goes by, he can hear it... OH now he can see it!

79BC67BDEE8EA37C8EBBE204D9EEEBA1BCCF1474

D26AF69650088C45946A059B0C7A2191CEC788C5

F97DAE03D60988FCA5CBC9B96F0578BC5630AA44

Still climbing, still a proper slog, down to 20mph here as usual, bit under on pressure for what I want
C7BD061B347076F17C953C3E15269E6FC8D885B0

A6FE3B454F31CA267C3E37060E8CE0E607E2758B

5681639912B56CF015D2202BBE7C07A4EE743A20

This chaps stopped as he's expecting some excitement or perhaps the train to stop!
FC9AF5A512A8967B8BB03E8D4E8F024863E83375

Proper busting a gut here, down to about 10mph

"See a 'old ya he was cummin up laddie, nowt wrong wi' him 'aday"
415AE18FC243BA99861CC4AF11A03705784DDAEB

74133DCF7F93862491BDD7EF07D829FA9AE5D430

#evengotthefishplatesmate

DBD2FDDAAA4343D76F56155785DE35EE1EE4D965

Thanks Ian, thanks Annie. Good work on the merchandise wagons Annie. The N.E.R. and the L.N.E.R. after it tried several times to find a large tank engine solution to its heavier requirements in the region, though the peristent presence of the G5 0-4-4T through in to BR days indicates that the smaller tank fulfilled a purpose for a very long time. What became the A6 4-6-2T after starting as a 4-6-0, the A8 4-6-2T after their earlier existence as 4-4-4Ts and even the building of a batch of GCR A5 4-6-2Ts for the NE Area. In the end Gresely seems to have found some equilibrium in the challenge with his V1/V3 2-6-2Ts, though they weren't specifically designed for work in the NE Area. Thompson would have a final hurrah with the larger tank engine by turning out his L1 2-6-4T, though they would have a rather short working life.

I see they were going to be absolutely great for power at low speeds and moving freight. Yet were used for fast passenger services hence their wearing out prematurely. Do we know the reason for this odd decision?

HotshotJimmy,
Great story line. :cool: Very much enjoyed it, especially since it is all familiar ground for me. I'll have to get back there for another coal run.

Will you be releasing an upgrade at some point?

Regards,
Heinrich505

There has been a lot of excellent stuff over the last few days. most inspiring.
I continue with TRS19, two steps forward and three steps back !!!

<pictures snipped>

Cheers, evilcrow

Yes it can take a while to get TS2019 sorted out properly Ken. It can certainly be frustrating at times, but overall I think it's worth it.

#4176 & 4177. Some great screenshots there Jimmy. Wathdale is looking really good. After doing the 4.8 SP3 upgrade thing I've yet to install Wathdale again, but now I'm wondering if I should hold off until you've uploaded the new version.

I've been doing some work with sorting out the scheduling between Foxhollow and Brenton Wood since it been a bit of a mess for a while now.

ZyPnGJc.jpg

The environmental lighting still has a touch of a green tinge, but I'd rather have that than the default 'sun gone supernova' blue light blast.

l0V1fDP.jpg

Bleakhorse Road.

fUaMNc4.jpg

Running round at Brenton Wood. A bit complicated this as it involves a trip to the station water tank as a part of the maneuver. The new 'Uncouplezfrom' command followed by good old 'Couple' made it all very painless. And no bunting the train two coach lengths along the station platform either.

NQfI2JL.jpg

The recent batch of screenshots is beginning to get my British mojo back, one screenshot at a time.
If I wasn't so busy in Europe, Nepal and Switzerland (announcement soon) I'd be back in home teritory again.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Graham

Back