UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

1921 - BCR Summer days

Annie, Ken, Clekev & Tdstead, good shots.
I have been running some trains on a partially "PBR" BCR route.
A couple of TRS2019 SP3 screenshots of a N.B.R. "J" Class on the morning train from Newcastle to Hawick along the Border Counties line.

Passing Countess Park.

Approaching Reedsmouth Junction.

At Reedsmouth Junction. Despite there being a branch passenger train off the Wansbeck branch from Scots Gap in the branch platform, there's no passengers for the Hawick train. This is probably not unusual on most weekdays on this very rural service. The inhabitnts at the junction are predominantly railway employees and passenger traffic is mostly from those changing in and out of the Wansbeck branch train. I doubt that the passengers boarding here at this time of day only rarely crept in to double figures, except for Saturdays and market days.

The branch train in the branch platform.

The Hawick train getting away from Reedsmouth Junction.

Very interesting to see these versions of the famous Hornby H&B vans. I offered my own versions a few years back utilising Jack Barber's high detailed wheel-base:

51217637015_f62fc5b8a1_h.jpg

Will these be released? (I can feel a weathered reskin coming on!)

Paul

Hi Paul! Yes, they will be released but my friend hasn't given me an ETA on that yet. I will let you know when they are though! ;)

Some new screenshots from the first ever Severn Valley Railway route by Pilotwoo! Beta testing the route now and it's fantastic!!

rYMhazi.jpg
[/IMG]

aLXLeKa.jpg
[/IMG]

1wEuPvT.jpg
[/IMG]

G7I8fqi.jpg
[/IMG]

pHWFpeF.jpg
[/IMG]

HdBRUq0.jpg
[/IMG]

fWY4mF2.jpg
[/IMG]

Still a WIP but loads of fun!!

GtdSJhd.jpg
[/IMG]

Ah the Severn Valley - I had a DEM of the route but only got as far as making Bridgnorth. Looks to be shaping up nicely though!

Cheers,

PLP

Great shot, Ken! Look at all that teak. Wonderfully composed, with the massive bridge as a stage for the engine. Very nicely done. :cool:

Gary

Another top shot evcrow :)

Afternoon shadows are lengthening into evening as an engineer's special drifts down the vale, and yes the bl@@dy lamps have fallen off again....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

And a quick shout out to KotangaGirl for the 'blank' red 8T PO wagon, just what I needed !!

(Fictitious skin not for re-distribution)

Last edited:
All goodly stuff of late.

Still inTANE.

Cheers, evilcrow

Gorgeous screenshots Ken! The bridge at sundown looks like an official Railway Art Piece you would hang up in the den to compliment the fireplace. You always give the best shots my friend!

It's been a lifetime ago since I posted anything on the Brighton Route but I finally have an update on my project!

Originally, the area west of Brighton Station was filled with generic Trainz 2006 era buildings from the route's original state, however I came across a book on the Brighton Locomotive Works and discovered that the whole area west of the station was the machine shops where new boilers would be fitted, new apparatus designs were tested and in some cases where brand new locomotives built outright!

So after many months of painstakingly hard work, it essentially it went from this....

78lDkCX.jpg
[/IMG]

To this:

Jl3hpMd.jpg
[/IMG]

SKgwJXC.jpg
[/IMG]

S8SqJ8d.jpg
[/IMG]

OimSKYB.jpg
[/IMG]

My ultimate thanks to our very own Euromodeller whose numerous buildings and reskins was able to help me make this possible.

With the addition of the rest of the loco works that poor little Brighton Works shunter is certainly got its buffers full of work now!!

a1uwahr.jpg
[/IMG]

M89vRj1.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
#4075 The best TRS19 UK summer screenshot I've seen..
Not your fault clekev, but it's a real shame the game can't handle steam effects very well.

Chris

re posts #4070 & #4075 clekev
Mighty fine pics, you certainly know how to get the best out of TRS19
re post #4071 Tanker46
Keep up the good work on 75A

re post #4074 pfx
Hello Innis,
the bridge is by "Fred24" kuid 18550, look for items beginning with PT 2V . Plenty of other goodly stuff as well.

https://fred24.pagesperso-orange.fr/pages/ponts.html

Cheers, Ken.

Somewhere Scotland

Yay! Wonderful to see Somewhere in Scotland again Ken.

#4075. Clekev, that's the kind of Summer screenshot that should be printed out, framed and hung on the wall.

Could also add Australia 1930 - 1940 High Poly uses Jay Holland Vehicles

Tom

I did 3 or 4 Uk 1920s-30s regions located in Norfolk clekev. The main difference is the road vehicles with buses and trucks, no buses, no buses and IC trucks, but steam trucks instead and no road traffic. You will need to have purchased the Potteries Loop Line (PLL) though in order to obtain most of the road vehicles. Other vehicles are by Jay Holland and someone else whose name I've forgotten. An accurate animated model of a McKenzie & Holland point lever is the junction default.
Almost needless to say these are the Uk regions I use on my own layouts.

"Region Uk [1920s] (PLL needed)" <kuid2:768291:10544:2> (has an LMS delivery van).

"Region Uk [1920s] No buses (PLL needed)" <kuid:768291:11896> (no LMS van, but has a green Morris van with wonderful sound effects instead).

"Region Uk [1920s] No buses No trucks (PLL needed)" <kuid:768291:12272> (has steam trucks and steam tractors instead of IC trucks not quite the best one I did, but see for yourself).

"Region Uk [1920s] No Traffic" <kuid:768291:12978> (intended for rural areas with a lot of horse drawn traffic and sorry there's no animated horse drawn vehicles).

I must say I like that road model you are using. As for trees I don't like moving established layouts over to TRS19 because I know I'm going to be messing around changing and adjusting trees for weeks afterwards.

Thankyou for so many kind comments, truly appreciated. FWIW none of my screenshots are 'staged', I just run trains on newly completed sections of the route using either the chase or tracking cameras with my finger poised on PrtScn. Three times out of five trackside vegetation intervenes at exactly the wrong moment! Post-processing is minimal, a bit of tone adjustment (Trainz loses all the blacks) a tweak on brightness to compensate, and just a hint of sharpening. Shots aren't resized, composition is by cropping 1600x900 out of 1920x1080 full screen original.
My computer is second hand, about 5 years old it was a pretty flash gaming rig when new, but certainly something similar should be within reach of almost anyone, it is nowhere near 'cutting edge'!

Thanks also to tdstead: Perfect! I have very low carrate spawnwers on all roads, so little if any performance hit on a very appropriate mix of traffic!

Cheers, Andy...

Last edited:
BR Brittania Loco 70018, The Flying Dutchman, takes the Dirncombe Junction at speed, pulling an express and bound for St. Bennet and points beyond.

gme6e4j0_o.jpg

Back