UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Headboards and nameboards for named trains is another long-neglected area to add to the rather long list of asset categories which are "behind the curve", so kudos to Ken for taking the time to apply some expertise in turning out headcodes for the GWR locos. Brings to mind the atmospheric Cuneo picture of Birmingham Snow Street. The massive Summer Saturday crowds laden down with baggage, encumbered with excited children and all bound for (mostly) the sunny Southwest.

Borderreiver,
I just now looked up some Cuneo pictures. Quite the artist, especially for train scenes. Amazing work! Birmingham Snow Street is quite a picture. Having just now re-discovered Cuneo, thanks to you, I find the picture Albert Hall, Snow Hill Station to be wonderful.

Heinrich505

Heinrich, I am glad you like Cuneo, though I was in error assigning the Summer Saturday Snow Hill painting to him.
The actual artist was Philip Hawkins. Look for Summer Saturday at Snow Hill - by Philip Hawkins, Fellow of the Guild Railway Artists.
Regards

re post # 3902 tailight98
Glad to bring back the memories. Hopefully the Heritage railways will be open for the summer and beyond.
re post #3904 bordereiver.
There is quite a few items that lend theselves to adaptation on the DLS, they just need a few config changes but I must admit a bit of "trial and error" when it comes to the config attachement points. IMEditor and PEVSOFT tools are a must.

A visit to the LBSCR

Cheers, Ken

Borderreiver,
A wonderful painting. The detail is amazing and the activity portrayed is captivating. Of course, the trains are the stars!

Evilcrow,
Old 30911 looks great. That could easily be a postcard. Excellent screenshot!

Regards,
Heinrich505

Evilcrow,
Ken, that is wonderful. The detail is amazing and the engine makes the scene perfect! I can feel the cold breeze. Thanks so much.

Regards,
Gary

Adjacent to the Leamside Line just north of Fencehouses was New Lambton village which was bisected by the NCB line to Lumley 6th Pit. Above the village was a coal mine which appeared to have closed by the time the 1895 OS map was drawn and yet I located a photo much later which appears to show it intact. The village itself seems to have been a lovely place with a tennis court, putting green and meeting hall but although it was still intact in 1967 everything seen here has disappeared and it has reverted to woodland.

New Lambton NCB train 2.5.2021 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

And looking the other way a J39 heads north on the Leamside with coal empties.

New Lambton LNER J39 2.5.2021 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sooooo many excellent screenshots. I particularly like #3914 Ken. You did tempt me a bit with the Christmas Card picture though.

The Truth Is Out There. A return to Minehead in TRS19 SP3. Tinware ...... sorry I mean Platinum version, no subscriptions, no rent-a-sim, no beta streams. This might just work.

NEGwlz4.jpg

u9I1jow.jpg

Re post #3915 Stationbeem
Hello Dave, the track is by Rumour 3, look for R3 UK Bullhead (low res non procedural) track, it's on the DLS, various types. I've made it seasonal as an experiment.
re post #3916 KotangaGirl
Hello Annie, looks like some are trying to break the UK quarantine laws in Minehead. I hope you are successful with TRS19.

Cheers, Ken

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Ken that I'll have a decent run with TRS19 this time.
UK Bullhead Track by Rumour 3 is what I prefer to use. I'm using it on my Minehead route in TRS19 SP3 because it's the only Uk track that looks anything like being believable as track used on a pre-grouping era railway.

And your latest screenshot #3917 is absolutely exquisite.

Test running in TMR17 on the Eastlingwold & Great Mulling's Grimwold branch. Looks nice, but too many bugs. Great for running my faux clockwork engines on my 'O' gauge layouts, but not so much for running a traditional 'world built' Trainz route.

uDp1jD6.jpg

L7OLsxk.jpg

Re post #3919 KotangaGirl
Thanks for the compliment Annie, sorry about the bugs.

Up Cornish Riviera 1958 headcode

Cheers, Ken

Back