Page 182 of 255 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 3819

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

That is quite some project you have there Tanker. It's a seriously large task you have set yourself and I wish you the best of luck with it.

Out of interest I downloaded Ken Whit's Sussex Lines route even though it's rare for me to download BR era routes. I had one or two dependencies to fix and an old TS2010 builtin to fudge into cooperating, but I got there in the end. It's very much a route of its time and it's best viewed at footplate level, but despite that I had some fun with it. Despite apparently missing no dependencies the session had some problems with missing rolling stock and a couple of missing engines as well. A Terrier was about to depart from Brighton without any coaches so I found some for it. Trainz really does need some new Terrier models though as these ones are very dated now.

Last edited by KotangaGirl; June 20th, 2020 at 02:07 PM. Reason: more to say
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Hey guys, hopefully I've done this right. This is Tiverton Castle with five of the Collet Super Saloons that have been made for me. Thank you John for all the help.

I do like those Super Saloons Chris they are lovely pieces of work.

Thank You for your support Annie.

Ken Whit's UK Sussex Lines is remarkably accurate with regards to the setup of the original prototype, but a lot of the actual infrastructure is absent from the original route. I have had to shop in a lot of important service equipment using PLL assets like coal chutes, water tanks/cranes and even the ash pits and other additional items. Thankfully Trainboi made a model of Copley Hill Engine Sheds and Carriage Sheds that serve as the main MPD sheds for Brighton! These are not exactly identical to Brighton's MPD but they bear an extremely close resemblance and are excellent for the line. The thing I was stuck on for a long time as I didn't have suitable assets to recreate the Brighton Works buildings but thanks to you that problem was quickly solved!

I completely agree with you about needing a new A1X model. I had one planned as part of my LBSCR Pack but it would have been made in only two liveries at the time (BR/SR Black) and I didn't think that it would be appropriate given that the Terrier's most popular liveries are its LBSCR Improved Engine Green and its Southern Railway Olive Livery. I plan on commissioning another set of LBSCR Locos in the distant future that includes the A1X, B4X, E3, E4, and the H2 Class but I think the locomotives I have commissioned will perfectly fit the line for now. Camscott's little E2s keep the yards nice and tidy for me!

The one thing I want to ask is this: Where on earth did you get those wonderful Southern coaches? Are they a commissioned piece or are they of your own design? They look remarkable and I would love for a chance to run them on my own layout if they are available!
    Last edited by Tanker46; June 21st, 2020 at 07:12 AM.
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

The coaches are ones that Camscott made for TTTE routes and while originally made with simple textures are actually accurate models. I spent a long time reskinning them and added a lot of detail including hunting out SR notices and artwork for the compartment interiors. The brake third still needs some final finishing as I sort of ran out of steam with this project. I did them for my adaptation of the North Cornwall Railway route since there really wasn't any useful SR coaches available. I can't really share them with you Tanker since I don't have Camscott's permission to make them available to others. Perhaps when I finally finish off the brake 3rd to my satisfaction I might ask him and hopefully he won't yell at me and chase me off with a stick.

Hello Annie, I'm impressed with them. There are two more that I need done, thanks to John's help it posted, I shall try another one today with the Hawkworth's. I see you're using the suburban's. Nice coaches and I do have a thing for the Southern :-)

I'm a GER and Broad Gauge GWR fangirl Chris, but I have an occasional interest in the Southern Railway and constituent companies too.

Having just purchased Camscott's T9 pack I now have more T9's than I know what to do with so I decided to take one out on the North Cornwall Railway. I normally only run trains on the Nth Bodiam-Wadebridge-Padstow section since I've only done the very much needed track repairs and re-alignments on that section with all the rest of the route still to go. I really like the North Cornwall Railway route as the landscape work is really good and beautifully done, but unfortunately the trackwork is terrible and in a word, - needs work.

So giving the driver the word to keep the speed down due to the manky track we set off from Wadebridge to Ashwater. (And guess who forgot to take a snap of the T9's arrival at Ashwater.)
    It's just a pity that taking this route across to either TANE or TS2019 would make a mess of the lovely scenic work.

Last edited by KotangaGirl; June 21st, 2020 at 06:02 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    The coaches are ones that Camscott made for TTTE routes and while originally made with simple textures are actually accurate models. I spent a long time reskinning them and added a lot of detail including hunting out SR notices and artwork for the compartment interiors. The brake third still needs some final finishing as I sort of ran out of steam with this project. I did them for my adaptation of the North Cornwall Railway route since there really wasn't any useful SR coaches available. I can't really share them with you Tanker since I don't have Camscott's permission to make them available to others. Perhaps when I finally finish off the brake 3rd to my satisfaction I might ask him and hopefully he won't yell at me and chase me off with a stick.
    Ah! I see! I won't push the subject further than since I have a deep respect for you both. Still, they are excellent coaches Annie.

And those T9s really take me back. They were the first comission I ever made from Camscott. It's kind of staggering how many locos I've commissioned since then (Q1,G6,E5s, etc..).

Either way, it makes me happy to see so many fine Southern locomotives frolicking about in Trainz. By the time my route hits the DLS the entire Southern Railway fleet may very well be available!

Speaking of your North Cornwall route Annie, what locomotives make up your main fleet on the route? From past screenshots I know that there's a T9 and a Beattie Well Tank on the line but have you thought of running an E1/R on the North Cornwall? That area is precisely where the little radial tanks used to operate.
    Tanker46

I purchased Nos 30585 and 30586 (BR) as well as Nos 3298 and 3314 (SR) from Camscott's range of Beattie well tanks. I particularly wanted to have 30586 the poor unloved orphan that got scrapped. T9's have always been a favourite of mine so I was delighted Tanker when you asked Cam to make them for you. Having been busy with other things I've only just got round to buying the T9 pack and I'm very pleased with them.
    An E1/R would be perfect for the Nth Cornwall, but as far as i know there isn't one available for Trainz. Skipper1945 made an E4 which might do as a placeholder in the meantime.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; June 21st, 2020 at 07:34 AM. Reason: more to say

There is one available!

Knucklesnvector made an E1R a while back! It's getting on in years but it still looks good! I have it in SR and BR liveries as the flagship engine for my Fellhall and Moorhurst heritage railway!

I would love to comission an E1R from Camscott in the future but I would need diagrams for that. He doesn't have any and neither do I. It's kind of the same situation as the LBSCR E3 Class.

Good to hear about 30586 on your route. I always felt so sad about the fact that it never got a chance to make it to preservation. At least on your route it will get all the love and attention it so sorely needed!
    Tanker46

I found them, - thanks for that Tanker as I didn't know anybody had made an E1R. The main problem I have with his models though is that he makes them impossibly shiny so the first thing I do after downloading any of them is edit all the shine out of them, - or as much as I can get rid of anyway. They don't look too bad now and they'll do until something better comes along.
    By the way your G6 that you gave me a while ago lives in the engine shed at Wadebridge. I thought it was better there with some company than archived on my hard drive. And yes I thought 30586 got a raw deal too.

Last edited by KotangaGirl; June 21st, 2020 at 02:04 PM. Reason: more to say

Agreed. I'm amazed you were able to tone down the shine like that! Do you mind me asking how you did it?

SR E1R Class No. 32094 is actually the flagship of the Fellhall and Moorhurst. A long time ago when I first posted the route, it was the only engine on the line. After all this time it has many more engines working the heritage line with it but it's still the fan favorite!

Here it is running a wagons train from Bunny Vale up to the goods yards at Moorhurst! It wears BR Mixed Traffic Livery now but everyone can still make out the historical little tank engine!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46

Agreed. I'm amazed you were able to tone down the shine like that! Do you mind me asking how you did it?
    I used an IM editor Tanker. Many older models have weird things going on with their Ambient, Diffuse and Specular settings which can either make them too shiny or too dark, but in the case of the E1R it had its Shininess settings at 100% and it's Reflection Textures set at between 65% and 30% as well. The Content Repair Group use this same tool in their work and it can fix a lot of errors and faults. I seriously wouldn't be without it.

Recently I downloaded a small single driver tank engine that just looked like a shapeless black lump with scarcely any definition to its textures at all, but after I adjusted it's setting using the IM editor it turned out to be a nice shade of dark green and quite a handsome little engine. The only downside to using this tool is that if a model has several Lod meshes every single one of them has to be set the same or else things can end up looking a bit odd.
    Plainly doing bad things with this tool to pirate other peoples models is a very bad thing to do, but used properly it can bring older models with strange texture faults back to being useful again.

Nice to see the Fellhall and Moorhurst again by the way.

Ok! I use the IM Editor from time to time but I have always been curious as to how to remove the excess shine from some older engines. I think that giving the models a new lease on life is a great idea as long as people aren't attempting to claim them as their own.

It's when people takes someone's great models and do a poor repaint or slap a Thomas face on them that really gets on my nerves...

Also thanks for the kind words regarding the F&M! It's been so long since I started posting the screenshots that I might just have to make a thread for it. The LBSCR/SR wagons are TANE compatible now so I have a lot more stock to work with. I do all my route building in TANE so it's good that people like Camscott are still willing to make content for it.

[IMG][/IMG]

The early morning sun rises as the engines of the Fellhall and Moorhurst get ready for another day of hard work on their sleepy little line.
    Last edited by Tanker46; June 22nd, 2020 at 07:04 PM.
    Tanker46

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I used an IM editor Tanker. Many older models have weird things going on with their Ambient, Diffuse and Specular settings which can either make them too shiny or too dark, but in the case of the E1R it had its Shininess settings at 100% and it's Reflection Textures set at between 65% and 30% as well. The Content Repair Group use this same tool in their work and it can fix a lot of errors and faults. I seriously wouldn't be without it.
    Hi KotangaGirl

The excellent Gresley coaches by the late Andi06 have a chalk effect when seen from the side. Any idea what needs doing in IM editor to rectify this?

Peter