UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

1939 - An A8, a CU6 CCT, Diagram 21 van and an Arc Roof set.

Northeast England and the northern approach to Darlington in 1939. A Gresley A8 4-6-2T brings an up stopping passenger train from Newcastle. A new long wheelbase Covered Carriage Truck is behind the engine and a much older diagram 21 6-wheel van dating back to 1895 behind the CCT. The passenger set is around five years younger than the van.

While the arc roof stock was built with gould couplings for suburban commuter services on North Tyneside within four years of building the electrification of the line rendered them surplus to requirements for passenger use on them. They were cascaded elsewhere, losing the gould couplers and a change of buffers. Most went to work between Newcastle and Sunderland, but others went to work in Northumberland with others heading to North Yorkshire. Withdrawals began before WWII but the last example of arc roof stock was withdrawn in the 1950s.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
Former Grest Central 8G 1110 working in Lincs.

Hi everyone, just to let you know, if you missed my thread, an updated Lavenham in Winter route has been uploaded for TRS19:
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?100234-Lavenham-in-Winter-release-thread&p=1855382#post1855382

It's set in the 1950s/early 60s, so should appeal to devotees of this thread! There's also a base session with environment and consists set up for you to enjoy and a Working Timetable for those who are into that sort of thing (follow the thread, above).

Hope you like it!

50876088702_8176100ce1_h.jpg

50875983996_af651995ab_h.jpg

49390374983_641229ddd9_h.jpg

49391047922_dfe21508e2_h.jpg

Paul

1912 - ECML - Castle Hills and the 8.40 am York - Newcastle

Looking good Paul. Evidently the outcome of a lot of hard work on your part.

A N.E.R. Worsdell 4-4-0 R1 Class approaching Castle Hills Junction with the down 8.40 am York to Newcastle passenger train. At the head of the train is the daily (Mondays excepted) 6W Van from Normanton for Newcastle. It is the newer Diagram 171 rather than the older, more numerous Diagram 21. The leading 3-compartment Van Third is a 52ft Diagram 130 of 1906, a direct evolution of the 52ft Diagram 18, which was built from 1895 to 1906. The 52ft Lav Compo is a clerestory Diagram 5, built from 1895 and the most common Lav Compo on the NER with 138 examples built up to 1905. The 52ft Third is an elliptical roof Diagram 127, a direct evolution of the NER's 52ft Diagram 14. Bringing up the rear is a 3-compartment 52ft van Third to Diagram 18. In this case the original type rather than the modified version of 1901 or the further modified version which was built between circa 1903 and 1906.

re post #3505 Paulsw2
Fine shots there on a fine route, if only I could get TRS19 to play ball.
re post #3503 & 3506 borderreiver
Always a goodly surprise visiting your thread. One never knows what "new" loco and stock, past and present is about to appear. Just like train-spotting many moon ago.

LBSCR WIP TANE

Cheers, evilcrow

Last edited:
Re post #3509 Paulsw2
Hello Paul. it's "LBSCR C2X Marsh Black Early" by Camscott (also BR versions), from his "Darlington Works"website and many thanks to Tanker46 for making it available as Freeware.

Re post #3508 borderreiver.

Thanks for the compliment

LBSCR WIP TANE

Cheers, evilcrow

#3505. Wow Paul, your screenshots from Lavenham in Winter are really something else.

#3507 & #3510. I always enjoy screenshots from your amazing LBSCR route Ken.

#3506. Confession time Frank; - how many NER locomotives do you own? I like that R1 and I like the NER class G as well since I have a big soft spot for 4-4-0s.

Annie, how many N.E.R. Classes or how many locomotives?
I have the following classes (LNER Class in brackets);

901 Class 2-4-0
1440 Class 2-4-0
1463 Class 2-4-0
59 Class 0-6-0 (J22)
290 Class 0-6-0T (J77)
BTP Class 0-4-4T (G6)

A Class 2-4-2T (F8)
B Class 0-6-2T (N8)
C Class 0-6-0 (J21) (Saturated and superheated types along with steam braked and westinghouse/vacuum braked versions)
E Class 0-6-0T (J71)
E1 Class 0-6-0T (J72)
G Class 4-4-0 (D23)
L Class 0-6-0T (J73)
N Class 0-6-2T (N9)
O Class 0-4-4T (G5)
P Class 0-6-0 (J24)
P1 Class 0-6-0 (J25)
P2 Class 0-6-0 (J26)
P3 Class 0-6-0 (J27) (Saturated and superheated versions)
R Class 0-4-4 (D20)
R1 Class 0-4-4 (D21) (Saturated and superheated versions)
S2 Class 4-6-0 (B15)
S3 Class 4-6-0 (B16)
T Class 0-8-0 (Q5)
T2 Class 0-8-0 (Q6)
T3 Class 0-8-0 (Q7)
U Class 0-6-2T (N10)
W Class 4-6-2T (A6) (Rebuilt from 4-6-0T)
X Class 0-8-0T (T1)
Y Class 4-6-2T (A7)
Z Class 4-4-2 (C7)

The V Class 4-4-2 (C6) is "in development". Still some research to be done before I commission Paul to do it. That will probably lead to the V/09 4-4-2. No plans to do the F Class 0-4-4 (D22) or M Class 4-4-0 (D19) at the moment.
Many of the above could probably do with an upgrade.
The P2 and P3 have already had it.

R Class 4-4-0

Last edited:
Annie, how many N.E.R. Classes or how many locomotives?

Classes will do nicely Frank. Colour me impressed. That is one mavellous collection of locomotives.
You have just about single handedly brought the old NER to life again.

Last edited:
1904 - ECML - the 8.45 am York to Newcastle and a 901 Class

Thanks Annie,

Here is something rather older than I normally run. A 901 Class 2-4-0 is hauling the 8.45 am stopping passenger train, entirely made up of 6-wheel stock. Overhauling a 59 Class running a goods train to Croft yard.

A 901 is likely to be a Leeds engine since the class was built for hauling trains between Leeds and West Hartlepool on the Leeds Northern route. By the grouping they were dispersed to secondary sheds and running slower, lighter trains.
The 59 Class 0-6-0s were fitted, which made them in demand during summer Saturdays. By the grouping they had found work running empty stock trains to main line stations.
Six-wheeled carriages were displaced from main line passenger trains as bogie clerestory carriages to Diagrams 5, 14 and 18 were built. However, at the end of 1906 there were still 1,725 6-w carriages in company stock, compared to 1,490 bogie passenger carriages. As late as 1912 there were still 895 6-w Thirds to Diagram 15, Diagam q and Diagram v. At that point in time 6-w Van Third, First and Composite carriages were also still on company stock. This would change up to 1926, where there was hardly any use for the 6-w type in the 1926 carriage roster. Those that did survive were probably on excursion duties, though the N.E.R. built carriages specifically for excursion work. Therefore it is difficult to determine where 6-w stock was used without photographic evidence.

Last edited:
The '59' class is familiar to me Frank since I own one of those in NER livery and I have an 'E5' instead of a '901'. My NER models don't get very much running these days since my interests shifted into Norfolk. With my chosen pre-WW1 time period I most probably have more 6w coaches than bogie coaches though some are a slight cheat in that I reskinned them into teak and relettered them for one of my Norfolk railway companies; - as you can see in this evening snap I took a short while ago.

uXFqzVg.jpg

re posts #3511 KotangaGirl and #3513 tdstead,
many thanks for the compliments.

KotangaGirl and borderreiver, more interesting locos and info many thanks.

LBSCR WIP TANE

Cheers, evilcrow

Those C2X 0-6-0s are handsome engines.

Thanks Ken. My Norfolk layouts are all in a muddle at the moment (a bit like me) so I'm having a delve back into my screenshot files to see what I can find.

One of the Eastlingwold & Great Mulling's ancient Longridge 0-6-0s works a slow goods to Moxbury while in the background a MS&LR Pollitt 4-4-0 on a semi-fast passenger service speeds by on the joint line.

II7vbXa.jpg

Barrow Hills can be a very busy place at times for a small station in the middle of nowhere. Local passenger trains arriving from the Windweather loop reverse here and passengers can change trains here for the Eastlingwold & Great Mulling as well. Loaded wagons arriving from the wharf on the Tenpenny branch get sorted here before being taken onwards to their destinations just to add to the confusion.

m4xJbPv.jpg

A passenger train from off the Windweather Loop heads for the joint line station at Brenton Woods with one of the Affiliated (Imaginary) Railway Companies single driver tanks in charge.

GrTDTLp.jpg

Last edited:
Ken, re post #3517 - looking good. Is it TRS2019? What are your graphics settings to get such a good effect, if different to what you advised about T:ANE [cough] years ago.
Annie re post #3518 - some grizzled veterans on show there in your shots. Windweather is quite a name. I can't really complain though, not when the local radio news here mentioned there being weather-related problems on the road at Sheepwash in Northumberland. Add to that a County Durham mining village called No Place and another village called Pity Me. The last being a corruption of Norman French for Petit Mere since when the Normans showed up in the north around 1070 monks found ponds and lakes in the area a mile or so to the north of the settlement of Dunholm (which we now know as Durham).

Windweather and its surrounding area is coastal, flat and not very high above sea level Frank so when I was deciding on a place name Windweather sounded like an appropriate choice. The Loop Line circumscribes the whole area crossing several wooden bridges over rivers and drainage channels and well as one long bridge over the salt mash near Windweather village. It's mostly an empty and lonely landscape which was a challenge to model since 'empty' seems to take a lot more work to represent than a populated landscape. Driving an engine on the Loop line is very much about chasing the horizon.
The Affiliated (Imaginary) Railway Companies own a goodly amount of ancient engines and rolling stock with most of it congregating on the Eastlingwold & Great Mulling and the Grimwold mineral branch with a scattering to be found along the Tenpenny branch. That Longridge 0-6-0 is a lovely engine to drive on the 'advanced' steam controls though it does alright for itself running on DCC as well. As you might have guessed my Norfolk railways are somewhat of an alternative reality.

YXKRWxR.jpg

re post #3519 borderreiver,

Hello Frank,
My screenshots are TANE. I do have TRS19 Platinum , I just can't get to grips with it which is a pity due to the fine models being made for 4.7.
The last few screenshots have posted made use of Paint dot Net's "Sharpen+" at the lowest setting. Prior to this what you saw was totally in game shots. Euromoddler feels that the Trainz Portal screenshot facility has become less sharp, with that finding, I concur.
Here is some past info;
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?120245-Shaders-tricks-and-tips

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?149731-TANE-shaders-mod "Treat very carefully?"

Cheers, Ken

Thanks Ken, As to getting to grips with TRS2019, the update to SP2 went rather beyond being a slippery beast to subdue and moved right on to "ornery" mule afflicted with a seriously bad attitude, kicking me right out of the stall in the process. I was forced to delete and do a clean install, the consequences of which still reverberate two months on. The occasional "burp" and "hiccup" along with the discovery of something in an asset being not quite right. Sometimes that is down to my backup being not as up to date as I thought it was. Sorting stuff out and updating leads to the old "Crash To Desktop" now and again.

Back