UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

LBSCR WIP

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

As always, very nice Ken. Just wondering what those trees are in the background? They look very nice.

Paul

Hello Paul,
The trees are an amalgam by clam1952 for the "spring", "summer", "autumn" and for the "winter" trainz666. Speed trees may look OK for spring, summer and autumn, but for winter they look like something from the "Munsters",
hence my experiment with clam1952/trainz666 trees. Please see screenshot on what to put in a cloned cdp. Paint dot Net used to touch up the seasonal hues etc.

Cheers, Ken

Last edited:
1920 - ECML NER Express Goods

Early on a summer's morning an express goods, fully fitted with ATB from York to Newcastle Forth Banks heads north on the ECML.
Motive power is an S2 Class 2-cylinder 4-6-0, later LNER Class B15.

The location is Castle Hills Junction to the north of Northallerton. At the head of the train are some of the company's 25 Ton bogie transhipment vans to Diagram G7, which ran daily between major NER goods depots. The company built 100 of them between 1906 and 1907 with several serving as stores and dispensary vans in ambulance trains during WWI. Some 94 of them were still in NE Area stock in 1947.

Last edited:
Excellent screenshots everyone. I haven't really been following things in this thread all that much lately due to being sleepy. I did manage to play trains for a while on my Norfolk layout this afternoon though. Still a lot to do after moving the layout across to TANE SP3, but it's perfectly possible to run a basic timetable schedule.

Eastlingwold & Great Mulling Railway No.8 heading for Moxbury from the western end of the layout. I've mostly given up on portals and I now use return loops and storage sidings instead.

YauwSLO.jpg

fhQ4SXr.jpg

cLRY5Do.jpg

Bunbury. I recently found out that there really is a 'Bunbury' in Cheshire. But my faux Norfolk Bunbury is not that one.

QuRWsWC.jpg

Moxbury. Very much one of my favourite parts of my Norfolk layout. It took me ages to get it all built up and working properly, but it was well and truly worth it.

WArOTno.jpg

3DWhXq9.jpg

Happy Almost New Year Everyone!

Got a chance to sneak away from the family to get a little "Trainz Time". :hehe: In my last screenshot for 2020 things are getting a little narrower with some Talyllyn-esque screenshots..

C9vjR9i.jpg
[/IMG]

lgcP1dF.jpg
[/IMG]

ScwnE4S.jpg
[/IMG]

X1awbzj.jpg
[/IMG]

EgdWeBr.jpg
[/IMG]

aMBKLSR.jpg
[/IMG]

Happy New Year!! :D

Very nice tanker46 if I Remember right and they have not been updated they were running on 2'0 track not correct gauge?

Tom

Thank you Tom!

Actually, these Tallylyn locos are true to their 2ft 3in gauge origins! The models of Tallylyn, Dolgoch, and Douglas were made by ZheGermanFlo and are freeware on his website Heritage Railway 3D alongside the SVR's Lady Armagale and Warwickshire!

https://flohollaender.wixsite.com/heritagerailway3d/locomotives

As far as I know the models of Sir Haydn and Edward Thomas were done by Trainboi1 and are also set to the proper gauge. The whistle sound was missing so it took a bit of tweaking but I finally got them to work! They were my first pieces of content I fixed myself to be honest..

Finally, the track is an old piece of work from a Thomas the Tank Engine route built in TS2006 a long time ago. It's not really fitting in with the newer versions but its the only 2ft 3in track I can find at the moment.

Last edited:
#3408. Thank you Ken and a very Happy and Safe New Year to you as well. Your screenshots always make me smile and I look forward to seeing them.

#3409. Your Talyllyn-esque screenshots look nice Tanker. It's been a while since we last saw any narrow gauge screenshots in this thread. The 3ft gauge is my thing and perhaps I should have a dig about and see if I can find my old 3ft gauge layout and take some snaps.

At various times I have been asked if I will ever upload the Hopewood Tramway to the DLS so I've been thinking about doing that. The difficulty with doing that is the mainline railways on my Norfolk layout are closely sewn in with the tramway which has made it awkward to decide just which bits to include and which bits I should leave out. The other problem has been payware assets as well as assets that I've modded for my own use that I doubt I could get permission to upload to the DLS. I'm going to continue with seeing if I can solve these problems and perhaps after I've frowned at it enough it might end up being uploaded to the DLS.

r6Yji8Q.jpg

Thank you Annie! I appreciate your kindness and I agree with your sentiment on 3ft railways as well! I decided to bring them up after Steveflanders and I had a recent conversation about the GVT models he did way back when. I love the Tallylyn and I do enjoy giving them a good run in from time to time.

To be honest I think that the Hopewood Tramway should remain your own project as you have worked tirelessly to make it what it is. However, it's really generous of you to share such a lovely route with the rest of us and I really admire you for it.

When you make routes for Trainz I really enjoy them because you put so much care and love into them that they feel like they have a life of their own. I feel like Hopewood isn't just a digital file on screen but an actual place I can visit some day. I think that really brings out some of the best that Trainz has to offer.

Thank you Tom!

Actually, these Tallylyn locos are true to their 2ft 3in gauge origins! The models of Tallylyn, Dolgoch, and Douglas were made by ZheGermanFlo and are freeware on his website Heritage Railway 3D alongside the SVR's Lady Armagale and Warwickshire!

https://flohollaender.wixsite.com/heritagerailway3d/locomotives

As far as I know the models of Sir Haydn and Edward Thomas were done by Trainboi1 and are also set to the proper gauge. The whistle sound was missing so it took a bit of tweaking but I finally got them to work! They were my first pieces of content I fixed myself to be honest..

Finally, the track is an old piece of work from a Thomas the Tank Engine route built in TS2006 a long time ago. It's not really fitting in with the newer versions but its the only 2ft 3in track I can find at the moment.

Cough! <kuid2:425700:1015:1> CL NG27 Track - 01 it's v2.9 and I seem to remember someone requested I made it way back, similar to my 2ft Track.

Whistles were from one of the Thomas sites.

Thank you Annie! I appreciate your kindness and I agree with your sentiment on 3ft railways as well! I decided to bring them up after Steveflanders and I had a recent conversation about the GVT models he did way back when. I love the Tallylyn and I do enjoy giving them a good run in from time to time.

To be honest I think that the Hopewood Tramway should remain your own project as you have worked tirelessly to make it what it is. However, it's really generous of you to share such a lovely route with the rest of us and I really admire you for it.

When you make routes for Trainz I really enjoy them because you put so much care and love into them that they feel like they have a life of their own. I feel like Hopewood isn't just a digital file on screen but an actual place I can visit some day. I think that really brings out some of the best that Trainz has to offer.

Thank you very much Tanker. Yes I very much get lost in a little world of my own when I build up a layout. Nothing is really decided yet with the Hopewood Tramway, but even if it doesn't end up being uploaded to the DLS it's given me an incentive to fix all the small things I've been meaning to fix for far too long.

I blew the virtual dust off my 3ft gauge layout, - the Sumwheir District Railway, - and took a couple of snaps. The major town on the layout, - Bishops Tenpenny, - needs a lot of work doing to complete it and there's a couple of odd things I'm not happy with. One day when I'm in the mood I'll get back to it.

aRR7PPY.jpg

f9J1c9H.jpg

Excellent screenshot Evilcrow! I really do love seeing the C2x with all those PO Wagons!

Testing the De Glehn out on Dearnby...

V5CmxH6.jpg
[/IMG]

k4kOQ3e.jpg
[/IMG]

PkAAfTp.jpg
[/IMG]

89bW7hr.jpg
[/IMG]

nnvNKaY.jpg
[/IMG]

Shunting perishable wagons at Blackhill N.E.R.

You know, Trainz has come on quite a bit since the original release! :)

I just remembered that as steam support didn’t come until TRS2004, the original steam locos had exciting diesel sounds and physics.

Last edited:
Amazing screenshot Frank! By any chance, could you tell me what class of tank engine that is? It it a J71 or a J77? It's definitely worth a purchase in the future!

1921 - NER 290 Class Shunting at Blackhill

Hello Tanker

The tank engine is an 0-6-0T 290 Class, later LNER Class J77.

No. 958 in the screenshot was built in August 1874, rebuilt to 0-6-0T 290 Class in August 1903. A Blaydon shed loco until 1928 it moved to North Blyth and was withdrawn from there in September 1944.

Sixty 290 Class (J77) were rebuilt from old Fletcher BTP (Bogie Tank Passenger) 0-4-4T locos dating back to the mid/late 1870s/early 1880s. Wilson Worsdell's introduction of his O Class 0-4-4T (LNER Class G5) rendered many of them redundant on passenger trains. Worsdell rebuilt fifty of the BTPS to 0-6-0T between 1899 and 1908, though the numbers turned out varied from year to year. Six were rebuilt in the second half of 1899 with three turned out in 1908.

The BTPs had numerous detail differences but the main one which carried over to the 290 Class rebuilds were the cabs. There are several different styles, including a Worsdell type one in the style of an O Class (G5) and I had Paul Mace build me several of them. They were simple but rugged tank engines, with several finding a home at the coal staithes at the port of Blyth in Northumberland. Nos. 37 & 1347 had Westinghouse brake at the grouping but only so they could work empty stock (to the best of my knowledge they were never seen hauling passenger services, even on one of the region's rural branch lines). Nos. 15 (Stockton shed) and 324 (Darlington shed) received vacuum ejector in 1945 with ten more gaining it between 1947 and 1950 in order to work empty passenger stock.

Withdrawals as Class J77 started as early as 1933 but British Railways took over forty-six at nationalisation. While several were withdrawn during 1948 the class did not become extinct until February 1961 when No. 68408 (formerly 1438/8408) was withdrawn from South Blyth shed. Built in November 1875 and rebuilt in June 1904 the Railway could not have grumbled about getting 85 years of work out of her.

Several J77s were sold out of service. At least one, still numbered as 8416 in 1952 went to the NCB (National Coal Board) and kept the number. She worked for the Open Cast Executive (lettered NCB-OE) in Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and South Wales until 1960 or 1961. two others, Nos. 8396 and 8416 went to the Ministry of Fuel and Power in 1950. 8416, lettered MOFP - BROOMHILL worked at Broomhill Colliery until 1951 when it went for repair at Bagnalls. I do not know where it went on to after that.

Regards
Frank

Re post #3417 Tanker46,
Thanks for the complement. You show the De Glehn to good effect, I only wish I could get my head round TRS19 Plat or should I say TRS19 Splat.
BTW the LBSCR K class that you so kindly commissioned, was there a LBSCR livery ??

LBSCR WIP TANE

Cheers, evilcrow

Back