UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Excellent screenshots everyone. I love your triangular junction station evilcrow.

Coat Tank testing on Lickney Bank in TMR2017. For a small engine it's certainly managed to throw up its own fair share of problems.

Gvqdbdc.jpg

Excellent looking screenshots Annie! The Coal Tank is going to be well worth the wait! I can honestly say I'm excited for what the next few months have in store for Trainz! :D

More from Colin's Billington Route - C2X No.437 has compiled the ballast wagons onto the train and departed for the dockyard just west of the pits. It picks up speed but is quickly stopped by an evening commuter service run by South London EMU prototypes. After a brief delay the goods train is on the move once again!

AKJIeyo.jpg
[/IMG]

rD7SBEZ.jpg
[/IMG]

RYjzBhY.jpg
[/IMG]

51Xkxj5.jpg
[/IMG]

ZI2VlRq.jpg
[/IMG]

Excellent looking screenshots Annie! The Coal Tank is going to be well worth the wait! I can honestly say I'm excited for what the next few months have in store for Trainz! :D

That's very kind of you Tanker. After being frowned at some more the Coal Tank is looking a lot better now. While it looked fine in TS2012, in TMR2017 the main body textures as well as the driving wheels had washed out to become more grey than black. The cab interior was the worst with having all its colour density washed out, but after taking it into the 'works' for further attention the Coal Tank is now looking a whole lot better.

'Lackwit' is the name of a coal merchant served by my Hopewood Tramway and with me being very sleepy at the moment a train of PO 'Lackwit' 8 ton wagons is highly appropriate.

cVXa16N.jpg

nbGMR7B.jpg

nw0Oplm.jpg

KotangaGirl,
Your screenshots show 7727 off very nicely. Your "frowning" technique is working well. :hehe:

The Lackwit cars look very cool too. I'm sure Mr. Lackwit had a terrible time in grammar school, with a last name like that. I wonder if he is getting back at all his childhood tormentors, now that he is a coal merchant and they have to come, hat in hand, to him for that all-too-important commodity. :eek:

Heinrich505

Yes that's the answer to all problems in Trainz Heinrich, - you frown at them until they stop. Though a bit of adjustment in their config files or poking them about with various kinds of graphics software tends to help a little too. :D

I suppose Mr Lackwit must've had some smarts afterall to have a successful coal business, though as you say he must've been frightfully teased in school. The wagon is a member of a series of fictional PO wagons I did for Trainz quite a while ago now. They were a lot of fun to do.

Further Coal Tank testing; - This time it's on my TS2019 version of the Minehead branch. Gathering up all the goods wagons in Minehead's goods yard made for a fairly mixed collection of 19th century rolling stock in the test train, but I wasn't exactly being prototypically serious anyway.
The gradients on the Minehead branch are a good test since they are unrelenting for mile after mile. After fight with the Coal Tank today to get the last of the demons shaken out of it I'm about to call it done and dusted and upload it.

Leaving Minehead yard.

uDXynZS.jpg

fbCdyrI.jpg

Dunster station.

FZoQg3L.jpg

Approaching Blue Anchor.

15JTMr3.jpg

q332aIX.jpg

Leaving Williton.

0awjs4P.jpg

18m8xvF.jpg

Forgot where this is. I could have taken a lot more snaps, but I didn't want to bore you all to death.

8ABQMTv.jpg

Last edited:
Yes that's the answer to all problems in Trainz Heinrich, - you frown at them until they stop. Though a bit of adjustment in their config files or poking them about with various kinds of graphics software tends to help a little too. :D

I suppose Mr Lackwit must've had some smarts afterall to have a successful coal business, though as you say he must've been frightfully teased in school. The wagon is a member of a series of fictional PO wagons I did for Trainz quite a while ago now. They were a lot of fun to do.

That's exactly what I like about your PO Wagons Annie. They all have a story behind them and their fictional histories make them an easy fit in for any fictional layout! I must confess that almost all of the PO's you've done have ended up on both my Pre-Grouping and Big Four versions of Dearnby and District! They tie in with the LMS, GWR and SR stock so perfectly! :D

KotangaGirl,
It's never a bore seeing your screenshots. They are always enjoyable. :cool: Minehead branch route looks very nice.

Heinrich505

KotangaGirl,
It's never a bore seeing your screenshots. They are always enjoyable. :cool: Minehead branch route looks very nice.

Heinrich505

Thanks Heinrich. I've been working on the Minehead branch on and off for a couple of years now. I really do need to get back to doing some more work on it since it's really starting to get somewhere now.

That's exactly what I like about your PO Wagons Annie. They all have a story behind them and their fictional histories make them an easy fit in for any fictional layout! I must confess that almost all of the PO's you've done have ended up on both my Pre-Grouping and Big Four versions of Dearnby and District! They tie in with the LMS, GWR and SR stock so perfectly! :D

Thanks Tanker. Yes all my fictional PO wagons have some kind of story attached to them. I was trying to research PO wagons for my Norfolk layout and ended up getting frustrated over trying to find period appropriate wagon information, - so I decided I would make my own PO wagons that would fit in anywhere because the company names and locations on the sides of the wagons never existed. Most of the place names perhaps have more of a south of England sound to them and some of them are place names on my equally fictional Norfolk layout. Trainz folk seem to like them :)

#3270. Nice NER scene there tailight.

1924 - The 5.03 pm from Hull running alongside the River Humber

The 5.03 pm from Hull runs alongside the River Humber, bound for Goole and Doncaster. The leading carriages are a three-carriage portion for London Kings Cross, which will reach the capital at 9.25 pm. The five remaining carriages in the train , all non-vestibuled types, will travel in service as far as Retford and spend the night at Grantham.

Last edited:
#3275. Now that is a very fine screenshot evilcrow.

The LNWR Coal Tank undergoing final testing on the Minehead branch with a train of 1860s LNWR coke wagons.

s332Fa2.jpg

And arrival at Stogumber station. The climb from Blue Anchor to Stogumber is a good many miles on gradients between 1.11-1.86% so it makes for a good testing ground.

1gcWF1F.jpg

[FONT=&quot]I'm taking a break from reskinning and upgrading things and I'm going to play trains for a week on my GER Norfolk layout.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Back to the Hopewood Tramway.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

1924 - The G.C.R. Hull and Doncaster branch

I am also taking a train for a run.
The 5.03 pm from Hull with through carriages for Kings Cross comes off the former G.C.R. Hull and Doncaster branch at Thorne Junction. It will take the former G.C.R. Barnsley to Barnetby branch to reach the E.C.M.L. at Doncaster.

KotangaGirl thats my type of route

Tom

Very much mine too Tom. The Hopewood Tramway is more or less a layout within a layout and it can operate largely independently from the other lines on my Norfolk layout. I can leave the automatic scheduling to run things out on the main line and please myself with running the tramway.

It's important to have fun with your trainset. A snap taken at the little station at Bluebell Sands on the Hopewood Tramway.

Vo8uH8y.jpg

Back