Page 163 of 170 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2539

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Chilly February - red sky in the morning, sailor's warning!

Paul

There can be few things more evocative than a freezing fish train at dawn! Stunning, Paul.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Member of trainz-carriage-wagon-works

That certainly is an impressive screenshot at #2431 Paul.

#2432. Nice to see coaches in 'blood and custard' Neville. Reminds me that I haven't done anything with my own early BR layout for far too long.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Shunting at Great Mulling yard on my Norfolk layout.

A busy day in the yard down there in East Anglia.

True enough Frank. Because I like shunting all the goods yards on my layout have their quirks. None of them are impossible to shunt it's just that a bit of thinking is involved in order to deal with the shunting problem at hand. No. 04 had just brought through a train of wagons of casting sand from the Grimwold branch so there was some sorting out and running around involved as well as the usual brake van swap to the other end of the train to do before the train could be taken down the goods only branch to Cobblin.

Waiting for the signal.

Eastlingwold & Great Mulling Railway No.8 approaching Bluebell Woods with a south bound passenger train on my (imaginary) Norfolk layout. I've considered moving this layout over from TS2012 to either TANE or TS2019 and then ran away screaming and hid under my bed. It would be a mammoth task with all the custom bits and bobs I made for it over time, the legacy assets and assets from long gone third party websites.

Good to see you are still publishing on this thread KotangaGirl, thanks. Peter

I have just commissioned some N.E.R. 2 x 10 Ton Diagram D5T Twin Bolsters. Taking them out for a run on the ECML. I now have 8 Ton Diagram D1 Single Bolsters, 2 x 10 Ton Diagram D5T Twin Bolsters, and 8 Ton Diagram D1 Single Bolsters (running as three-sets and as spacer wagons) to complement the bogie bolsters I already had. There were 550 twin bolsters on the N.E.R. stock census of December 1922 and 285 of them survived to nationalisation in January 1948.

Quote Originally Posted by wilts747 View Post
    Good to see you are still publishing on this thread KotangaGirl, thanks. Peter
    Thanks Peter. I'll certainly keep on posting here and perhaps later on I might think about doing the competition thing again.

#2440. Twin bolsters are a useful wagon type to have. I have twin and single GER bolster wagons by Ed Heaps on my Norfolk layout and they feature a lot in goods trains. I purchased a NER single bolster a while ago from Paul and I always wondered why he hadn't done a twin bolster as well.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; February 23rd, 2020 at 01:18 PM. Reason: more to say

Yes Annie, the twin bolster should be useful with a 20 Ton capacity across the two wagons. I am debating about which wagon type to commission next. The leading contenders are the N.E.R. 10 Ton Fish van and the N.E.R. 10 Ton Refrigerated van.

Not an easy choice to make Frank. I run fish trains on my own layout and I know not a thing about refrigerated traffic so my own bias would be towards a fish van, but that's just me and the way I run my trainset.

Shunting at Great Mulling. The green and white 6 wheel luggage van is a Highland Railway van disguised as a West Norfolk Railway van.

Default 1920: Ferryhill Shed Goods Turn 2

A nice country terminus shot there Annie. Here, a representation of Ferryhill Shed Goods Turn number 2. Starting at Ferryhill at 6:40 a.m. the loco would take a Class D goods train north along the ECML to Birtley, arriving at 9:08 a.m. At 9:43 a.m. the engine and brake van would head south to Chester South Moor, which was the location of a collery, arriving there at 9:55 a.m. Presumably the engine and van would collect a rake of loaded coal hoppers, though the goods working booklet for 1915 described the duty as Class C goods rather than Mineral. Perhaps it was coke, a manufactured product, rather than coal, a mined mineral. Like many others in County Durham, the colliery had a rake of the older beehive style coke ovens on site. Departure from Chester South Moor was 10:25 a.m. with arrival back at Ferryhill for 11:54 a.m.

There was a variation though. On some days the timetable allowed for the engine and van departing Birtley to return to Ferryhill via Stella Gill and Washington. This would permit the engine to collect a rake of loaded coal hoppers from Stella Gill and take them to Ferryhill, with the engine running round the train to accomplish a reversal at Washington.

Above, the engine, a P3 Class 0-6-0 and van come off the slow lines and take to the Consett branch at Ouston Junction, bound for Stella Gill rather than Chester South Moor. On the days the engine was required at Chester Moor it would have moved from the slow lines to the ECML at Ouston.
    Last edited by borderreiver; February 27th, 2020 at 10:07 AM. Reason: spelling