UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

An excellent shot with the SR D15 Taillight! I'm a big fan of the Maunsell Green version and the BR MK1's look surprisingly nice with Ed's new model!

I've been struggling with the loss of the late forum member teddytoot. He was a good friend of mine and I might not be on the forums for a week or two. I'm just going to post this last set of screenshots from my recent Dearnby project.

Vklehpx.jpg
[/IMG]

It's the spring of 1920. A new decade is upon us but with it I can see that an era is ending for us on the GWR. Many Dean and Armstrong locomotives and rolling stock are starting to fade from the lines at Dearnby Central. There's even been talk of a merger between the GWR and several other fellow companies in the Welsh Valleys.

But it's not all bad I suppose. Priscilla and I have welcomed our firstborn son William into our lives. I would do anything to be home with him right now but as our family grows, so do the number of trains we must look after. Today we were working an unlikely service for us - a stopping passenger service after the bulldog pulling the train failed at St. Bennet.

"Mr. Starkey?" I heard Toby ask as we simmered at the platform. "What's that out by the bank?"

I chuckled. There was a tiny set of railway lines placed dangerously closed to the sand. They looked far to small to be 2ft welsh lines, almost like a toy train to be exact...

Toby's eyes shot open when he noticed a small yellow steam locomotive sprint out from behind the bushes with a set of open passenger cars.

"What the devil?!" He cried out just moments before I gave him a small whack on the head for his crude language.

"That's the Casterford Miniature Railway!" I laughed. "Ain't you seen it before?"

"Never!" Toby was amazed that they even made engines that size.

I knew better. The Earl of Casterford Sir Jacob Wellington was a collector of strange and exotic machines from Traction Engines to American Automobiles. He had the railway built just before the war to bring supplies and workers to build his summerhouse. It had been appropriated by the Royal Navy during the great war and was used to patrol the coast for signs of U-boat activity.

After the war he turned it into a tourist attraction and small merchandise railway to operate along the coastline. It became a bit of an oddity to use railwaymen but we held a bit of an affection for it as well.

xC1fpUF.jpg
[/IMG]

wOa6QkX.jpg
[/IMG]

le3ZF7m.jpg
[/IMG]

Later that evening we were on our way to Bristol with an evening heavy goods train when we saw the railway again. The CMR's single engine "Northern Rock" was hard at work taking a merchandise train up to the markets in Badgercombe so the farmers could sell their wares.

I could only chuckle to myself as it was amazing how such a little engine could have so much power. I learned that day that maybe not all changes were bad.

"Steady on little engine". I murmured as we rocketed past. "Steady on..."

DoMeLQq.jpg
[/IMG]

yka8bwa.jpg
[/IMG]

rStwEPQ.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
G.N.R. Atlantic and N.E.R. Carriages

A large boilered Ivatt G.N.R. Atlantic hauling a N.E.R. set bound from Kings Cross to Scarborough with a two-carriage portion for Whitby.

This was a joint working between the G.N.R. and N.E.R. during the summer months. One set was supplied by the G.N.R. and one set by the N.E.R.

Thank you for the links!

It just really amazes me that Jayholland's locomotives are over a decade old and you manage to make them look like they were released yesterday!

Also nice screenshots of the E6 as well. I really need to get around to finish my comissions from Camscott and get the E1 and E4 made, but I need to get the U Class and Q Class done first.

Re post #3257 Tanker46
Many thanks to you and Camscott for those LBSCR locos and more to come !!!

LBSCR WIP

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Been playing with Colin's new Billington LBSCR Route. A1 No.647 is working the Somerville Quarry today. Here it is bringing up the last end of a slow pickup goods for C2X No.437.

BEqzutW.jpg
[/IMG]

XsgVRno.jpg
[/IMG]

m3GGfRG.jpg
[/IMG]

J0iAPaT.jpg
[/IMG]

BVq84XD.jpg
[/IMG]

DFoFdjc.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Excellent screenshots everyone. I love your triangular junction station evilcrow.

Coat Tank testing on Lickney Bank in TMR2017. For a small engine it's certainly managed to throw up its own fair share of problems.

Gvqdbdc.jpg

Back