UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Re post #3062 Heinrich 505
Interesting story and goodly shots. I hope Graves get his beer !!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Evilcrow,
Thanks. I know he will, haha.

Excellent shots of yours! I really like your lighting.

Is that rebuilt 35005 4-6-2 payware? I tried searching the CM for one but didn’t find any.

Heinrich505

Starting back with doing things again on my Broad Gauge Cornwall layout. It's a huge project and every so often I just have to leave it alone for a while to stop myself burning out.

The single driver Broad Gauge 'Sharpie' 4-2-4T is an engine I put together especially for track testing, but it's quite capable of helping out with a passenger run or two.

rXanzFq.jpg

qNz1YfH.jpg

B61ZcB6.jpg

dBg4BF8.jpg

Last edited:
It's a Brunel timber viaduct Heinrich. They were used extensively in Cornwall on the old Broad Gauge lines. I have a lot more of them to put in place yet before the layout is complete.

You have some work to do Annie.
According to Wikipedia the 70 miles of the Cornwall Railway had 42 wooden viaducts!

Fortunately Frank I just have the ten from Truro to Falmouth to worry about as well as the two on the West Cornwall Railway stub section. In a way it would be nice to model the whole of the old Cornwall Railway, but there's enough difficulties with research just on the section I'm representing.
I quite enjoy installing Brunel viaducts even though it's a lot of work. Steve Flanders very kindly made me the correct type of Brunel viaduct for the Falmouth branch viaducts. I just think he was delighted to find someone else who had a serious interest in the Broad Gauge era.

Another snap of the Carnon viaduct on the Falmouth branch. At 96 feet in height it's the second tallest viaduct on the Falmouth branch. On the bank of the river the SG Redruth & Chacewater Railway line can be seen passing under the viaduct. It's not operational, - it's just part of the scenery.

D9a5Ljw.jpg

More snaps of running test trains on my 1880s Cornwall layout. This area of the layout is largely complete, but there's a lot more that's still a huge unfinished construction project.

ZCBDlgc.jpg

vvILYjs.jpg

GNhIbmx.jpg

isXWR9V.jpg

A nice looking screenshot Rod. A real classic.

My rebuild and tidy up of the TS2004 layout 'Turks Castle' continues.

This is Minehead.

JknffWB.jpg

Stogumber.

igHgCoq.jpg

Nice shots KotangaGirl. Why does other peoples work always seem to look so much better than your own? Peter

Thanks Peter. I think you'll find that most layout builders for Trainz think exactly the same as you. I constantly find myself thinking that what I'm doing isn't good enough and doesn't match up to the work other creators are doing. We can be our own worst critics sometimes.

#3079 - I don't know what Peter is talking about Annie. Your route have a lot of life an excitement to them from my own perspective! You won't see those incredible Cramptons one anyone else's route I can tell you that!

#3056 - Another excellent screenshot Evilcrow! I notice you discovered the joys of the E5 eh? One of my absolute favorites!! Have you gotten a chance to tinker with the N15X yet? Camscott really came through for me on that one - a fine locomotive indeed!! :)

re post #3079 KotangaGirl
A fine looking locomotive, the loco crew would have been a tad somewhat cold during the West Country winter weather.
Thanks for the compliment.
re post # 3080 Tanker46
Thanks for the compliment and those Camscott locos you commissioned. I'll get around to the N15x in due course. Having a look at chrisaw's H16 at the moment.

Cheers, evilcrow

You're making me want to get back to working on my own Southern (ex-LSWR) line again evilcrow.

I own more than a few Crampton engines, but the ones that don't get taken out of my digital trainset box very often are the LCDR Cramptons. Slightly longer than the SER Cramptons I also own and with a domed boiler instead of a domeless boiler they are much the same design as the SER Cramptons. Like all my mid-19th century engines and rolling stock I purchased them from Paulz Trainz, but the LCDR Cramptons have never been listed on Paul's website and I had to ask Paul if he would sell me three of them. Unlike my SER Cramptons which are in three stages of weathering from slightly mucky to very mucky I could only get the LCDR Cramptons in pristine condition. It shouldn't have been a reason not to run them, but I just seem to prefer to run the SER Cramptons instead.
Anyway I got them out today to have a proper look at them and you might see more of them from now on.

At Minehead on my WIP 1889 version of the branchline.

1wIAwa8.jpg

jfyFUvN.jpg

Between Minehead and Dunster. All this flat countryside is supposed to be criss-crossed with drainage channels, but I've been avoiding putting them in place.

BHxoHCN.jpg

XI4STlk.jpg

A pause at Dunster. I still need to change the station platform.

J4SaXnr.jpg

Blue Anchor. Named after the Blue Anchor hotel near the coast. Another platform that needs to be changed for something more correct.

bI0WXkR.jpg

In the 1880's this whole area was almost completely deserted except for the hotel and a couple of farmsteads. After WW1 houses began to be built near the station.

mzOZMtB.jpg

On the way to Watchet.

LPU3who.jpg

9CvUEnD.jpg

And finally Stogumber. On the original TS2004 layout Stogumber was a mess and didn't look anything like how the station and its yard was supposed to be. So far this station has taken the most work to get sorted out, but I know in my bones that Watchet is going to be a lot worse.

9oTw5Ub.jpg

Last edited:
Back