UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Testing on Turks Castle. I don't have an Armstrong 0-6-0, - yet, - so the old Hicks had to stand in.

PBHguzr.jpg

ufmkLVN.jpg

re post #3039 KotangaGirl
Thanks for the compliment Anne, your Turks Castle is certainly showing us all a tasty locomotive.

re post #3040 HotshotJimmy
Again thank you for the compliment. The route is a WIP, due to the high number of payware textures it will not be for release.
I am trying, also to make it as far as possible seasonal.
The rocks are by "dinorius-redundicus" and are available on the DLS, look for "Boulder Granite" many shapes and sizes and seasonal. He has plenty of other goodly stuff.

re post # Tanker46
Many thanks for the kind compliment and thank you for making these LBSCR locomotives available to us all, one of the reasons I've returned from my Canadian excursion!
I had to add an interior to the K to get it to work in "Driver mode". A mere alteration to the config; I used the K interior by "JayHolland" available on the DLS. The locomotive now works in driver mode most admirably. I will get round to the other locomotives in due course. Again thank you for these locos.
Please see screenshot for the headboards, they do come with the "Flat top", you need to be in "Driver mode" to use them.

Headboard.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

That Lord Nelson is a nice addition. I have been trying to get SR Disc Codes on Chris's Nelsons, N and U Classes forever. Must be another Driver trick eh?

Last edited:
Some fun on the Wathdale tonight, no takers for MP though this evening.

312978CC5D928F2743586EA25104B81AAA8ACF1E

060D28C9DD628C25870C6B166FCA72C8B45F6415

C297DCD0B21C00C4755654DCA0E51DFAECBAE90E

BE4003ACD7894551CBA4B973F55E459F86CF98FB

EF3679BBE7FDFDDC59E78784D30E6C4E6A34721E

One of these days I'll have the patience to upload a video of a run but I can't stomach the 1-2hr upload times on Youtube.

Great screenshots there Jimmy. Am I guessing correctly that your route is ex-LSWR in Cornwall evilcrow?

Presently working on rebuilding the 19th century version of the Minehead branch. This old route was originally from TS2004 and it's always been a firm favourite, but the station layouts are all 20th century so with the aid of OS maps I've started to make it a more reasonable representation of the 19th century branchline.

At Minehead. The station building is on the list to be reskinned. SER Cramptons didn't ever run on the Minehead branch by the way. Most of the 19th century engines and rolling stock I own has found its way onto this layout at various times.

5dZNNIC.jpg

SER Crampton at Dunster. If I have to choose between scruffy council binmen in hi-vis for drivers or slightly spooky cross-eyed ladies in trouser suits for drivers in TS2019 I'll take the ladies every time.

8SzJK87.jpg

Manning Wardle built Cramption at Dunster. It's hopeless at climbing steep gradients and always needs a banker, but I like it since it's a pretty little thing and the outside Stephensons valve gear is fascinating to watch when the engine is in motion.

oaJ5RaG.jpg

Last edited:
Coal Traffic at Ouston Junction

An ex-NER Raven Class Q6 0-8-0 with a loaded coal train from Stella Gill Yard bound for Dunston Staithes approaching Ouston Junction.

There were two turntables at Stella Gill yard but unfortunately neither was of sufficient diameter to accomodate a Q6.

Thanks Annie, your Victorian era shots are looking good too. The sky is Skodasky - July heavy rain clouds v1 (Hi-res) by Nexusdj. I am giving a run to an upgraded set of LNER Diagram 100 20 Ton steel body coal hoppers. I commissioned Paul to produce the Metro-Cammel and Hurst-Nielson versions. They each were the same capacity and overall appearance but there were detail differences in construction. From late on during WWII they all were uprated to 21 Tons. In a train made up of 20 hoppers it effectively saved one hopper in length and the tare weight of it too. Gven the late 1950s date of the screenshot I also included a 21 Ton Diagram 167 Hopper. By then the 300 hoppers assigned to the Tyne Dock - Consett Ore traffic after the war had been superseded by the 56 Ton bogie ore hoppers and reassigned to coal traffic.

1850s Manning Wardle built Crampton 'Circe' on the Minehead branch. Normally there would be a banker attached to the train for this part of the route, but I was doing some espec testing using the steam controls.

UedAYdd.jpg

re post #3046 Rail4Pete
Thank you Pierre, here's 35005 "Canadian Pacific", a rebuilt Merchant Navy class pacific on a West of England express. How's your superb QCRR route doing ?

re post # 3048 Tanker 46
You need to be in 'Driver' to activate the discs for the Nelson https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...High-resolution-warning&p=1832072#post1832072, but the 'N' needs a script, will have a look at it in due course.

re post # 3050 KotangaGirl
Yes Anne, somewhere ex LSWR in Cornwall and still a WIP. Wonderful Victorian shots from your goodself.

Always a good history read from Borderreiver on lines now long gone.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Acting Station Master Blevins at Penzance Station was in a dither. The Station Master had just dashed off to attend to his wife at hospital, as she was in labor with their third child. This was expected.

What was not expected, was that the Cornwall Commissioners and their entourage had arrived and expected fast transport to the festival in St. Ives. The Station Master had been a bit flightly the past few days, due to the impending birth. Apparently, he had neglected to advise his second about the Commissioners and any arrangement to get them to the festival.

Blevins sent his station assistant Rudy off to find an engine. He was sure Rudy would fail – he’d already sent off all his steamers on local runs. Rudy arrived back, breathless, saying he’d found an engine, but it was one of those Spamcans that was being serviced on a side track after wandering in with a special earlier in the day.

Blevins was in a jam. As this was the only engine to be found on such short notice, he typed up the orders quickly – with only a few typo strikeovers – and had Rudy deliver it to the engineer.

Blevins then hid in his office to avoid the irate Commissioners, and didn’t come out until he heard the distinctive whistle of the Bulleid 4-6-2 pulling out of the station.

t7s3OcxX_o.jpg

The Commissioner "Special" just outside of Carbis Bay

17BSi7sA_o.jpg

Same location but from the crossover, looking towards town as the afternoon wanes and the sun starts to go down behind the hill. Lots of people are out today with cameras.

rVW0BKNk_o.jpg

Engineer Roger Graves pulls slowly through Carbis Bay, but won't stop, as this is a priority "Special" with orders to go straight to St. Ives at all possible speed, while still observing the speed limits, of course.

The afternoon sun is already being eclipsed by the hillside, so the engine gets only glimpses of sunlight. The old Inn looks down on the Steam Engine in approval.

gZ2KkxJX_o.jpg

While plying his trade, a chimney sweep, taking a break, just happens to have his camera ready, and catches a shot of the unusual engine as it crosses the Carbis Bay viaduct.

eBtAOesD_o.jpg

Engineer Graves eases up on the cutoff and regulator as he pulls his train into St. Ives. He is passing the engine shed on the left, and the warm afternoon sunshine bathes the train upon arrival, if just for a moment. The temperature is dropping as the sun slowly slips away.

VVCW3uNX_o.jpg

Lights are already coming on in the houses and shops that front the station. There is no crowd here, as all are at the festival. The Commissioners are all in good humor now, as they were treated royally by the train crew, and all is forgiven.

Graves will hunt down that little squirrel station master Blevins back in Penzance, when he gets the consist back there. Grave's figures he's owed several pints for snatching the man's bum out of the fire. First he's got to locate the station master here for orders to return to Penzance. He shivers slightly in the cool air as he climbs down from his engine, not forgetting to pat her gently on the cab side in appreciation for running so smoothly on a minutes notice.

Heinrich505

Back