UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Two more tramway snaps taken at Bluebell Wood.

2KT8Rzf.jpg

oLhh71O.jpg

Thanks Annie! I actually picked up that tidbit of info on the D1s from Camscott. It seems a lot of different locos found their way up to Scotland at one point or another!

Your Hopewood Tramway is looking better than ever! Those signals are the oddest kind I think I have ever seen - they're mesmerizing! And the town itself is really looking more and more populated! Must be thanks to the little Tramway that runs through it. :hehe:

More progress on the Brighton Line..

As I've been updating the assets and textures I have noticed that the London Road Viaduct was starting to stick out like a sore thumb...

But thanks to my friend Graham (Euromodeller) that is no longer the case! He worked his reskin magic and now the viaduct is looking better than ever before!

ZGbyhEZ.jpg
[/IMG]

Had to get some running in on it so I had King Arthur No.30450 Sir Kay bring a Boat Train back from Newhaven.

OCn3msk.jpg
[/IMG]

And had LBSCR E6 Class No.32413 take a mixed goods off to Lewes!

HLibC49.jpg
[/IMG]

Looking good so far! :)

That is one fine looking viaduct. Graham certainly has the magic touch when it comes to reskinning old assets.

The signals at Bluebell Woods are disc signals. They are in fact the older type of Ffestiniog Railway signals made by Ed Heaps, but such signals were in use on other lines as well during the 19th century. The Hopewood Tramway has quite an eclectic collection of signals with more modern signals having replaced older types in some places. Not that the line needs to be extensively signalled due to its mode of operation.
The Hopewood Tramway is where my GER Norfolk layout got started from and everything grew outwards from there, but it still remains one of my favourite parts of the layout and it's very entertaining to operate. Over time I've added extra bits of detailing here and there and more people and I'll most probably continue to do so.

I see! I didn't know Ed made those signals! They look extremely smart and its really nice you can have so much variety on your route!

And thanks for the complement. Graham is a wizard when it comes to reskinning assets like this bridge - it looks great in TRS19 too!

Su9x39I.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
One more from Brighton.

A little known fact about the LBSCR is that they had a special train called "The Lancing Belle". Unlike the express train that held a very similar name, this train was a long rake of coaching stock that was due in for repairs at the SR's enormous carriage workshop in Lancing. The train was usually headed by a double heading of an E6 and E4 class but could sometimes be a two of each.

0l71esk.jpg
[/IMG]

Since there are currently no E4s available at Brighton, the shedmaster phoned ahead to request the assistance of one of the Newhaven E4s! No.32494 is seen here with its larger E6 relative No. 32417 working the train just shy of Hove Station. It's a pretty unusual an interesting sight to say the least!

64wr5V5.jpg
[/IMG]

3KCIOir.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
That's a working that I never would have thought of Tanker. Thanks very much for your screenshots and telling us about it.

A2 Pacific 60516 HYCILLA of Gateshead shed 52A passes Darlington station with a down express goods, circa 1956. The ten year-old Thompson engine would be withdrawn at York North Shed 50A ten days after its sixteenth birthday, during November 1962.

F4C04A7E09205C6437A6E926EBC8A54964BCD281
D6A51D58F9103F052D09855F9DF9DD77A490198E

Just a couple of shots of Midsomer Valley to test if I can now finally post images and also to give a little report on process.
46443 can be seen here firstly passing the coal shunt with a local goods from Warbridge to Farnley. It can then be seen waiting at Winksley for the passenger train due any minute. Gives the crew time to get some proper steam for the 2 mile climb (1 in 30) to Thirn and Midsomer summit.

1922: Coal for Ferryhill

Raven's superheated version of Worsdell's P3 Class 0-6-0 appeared during 1921, numbers 2338 through 2362. A further batch appeared during 1923 during L.N.E.R. days, numbers 2383 through 2392. Superheating removal began in 1943 but several were withdrawn while retaining it and some lost it at a late date. For example, the NELPG's preserved example was withdrawn in September 1966 but lost superheating in March 1963.

#2632. A couple of good looking screenshot there Hotshot Jimmy.

More good looking screenshots from you too borderreiver. At #2633 there's some odd looking objects at the head of the train I'm not so sure about though.

Playing trains on the Minehead branch. The new B&ER saddle tank really is a superb engine to drive.

3EvqL7s.jpg

Uz7ooMv.jpg

QhRqets.jpg

Annie, it's a diesel braking tender. With the introduction of diesels they found they didn't have the braking power of steam engines for unfitted stock so these tenders were introduced. If you Google "diesel braking tender" you will find more information on them.

Annie, it's a diesel braking tender. With the introduction of diesels they found they didn't have the braking power of steam engines for unfitted stock so these tenders were introduced. If you Google "diesel braking tender" you will find more information on them.

I'm not sure if I really needed to know that John, but thank you all the same. It's fairly well known here on the forums that I don't like diesels. I saw my first diesel locomotive at age 4 and instantly hated it and I haven't changed my opinion since that day.

That's understandable Annie. My dislike of diesels is very similar as the ones in the US aren't much to look at in my opinion. My only exceptions would be Bulleid and Maunsell's experimental shunters as I have a bit of a soft spot for them.

I have a couple of diesels on the Brighton line - but they are finicky and prone to breakdowns and failures (as hydraulics are known to be;)) so they usually end up getting saved by the steam engines on shed! If anything else they are there to make their predecessors look good! :hehe:

What amuses me is when I go to a preserved line they have heritage DMUs. In particular the Watercress line in Hampshire has a preserved ex Southern Region Class 205 DEMU (Thumper) and I really feel old when I remember travelling on them when they were brand new in the late 1950s. So I do have a nostalgic spot for them even though steam is my real interest.

Thanks Kotanga, although now I know you don't like Diesels expect more from me =P haha. I must admit I began my railways with diesel (to my dad and grandads horror) BUT I enjoy both virtually and in real life. Lucky to be pretty close to Bo'ness and the Diesel Heritage group there.
8EE0302AB2369A2E1A92BE8BA29174BEFD1C1E1E

55B159A1F13FCD48C81C33F277BCF1B959FFD564

Got the environment a little better now by resetting it all and picking an earlier time in the day. 69553 working hard as always. Both shots are at Thirn and the Midsomer summit.

Back