UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

I recognise those wagons :) Nice screenshot Graham, but I'm not really sure that a Precursor tank engine would ever find itself on quarry duty.

Nice Shots Graham! The Precursor looks a little clean for quarry work but I like the versatility of your route!

What really won me over was the little narrow gauge line in the background. Little details like that are just the best! Is that Trainboi1's Judah model?

Yes that is Judah!

The Precurser Loco, I dirtied it as much as I could, not an easy asset to weather.
It's not really working the quarry, it's just been delivering some empties :)
There's a little 0-4-0 Sentinel that works the quarry, but that has LMS on it, so I swapped over just for the screenshot!

BTW, this route is unique, I don't think anyone has made one like it before, I'll show some more shots next week as work progresses.

I thought that was Judah! I recognize the little purple tank anywhere! :hehe:

I don't know if you noticed it but Cmburgess made a LNER/BR version of that model with changeable liveries. It had some config issues regarding the liveries but I fixed the bugs for TANE/TS2019 and it definitely has an undecorated livery you could use. PM me if you are interested in getting the fixes and the Sentinel can join your quarry in no time! ;)

1920s ECML Northumberland

Summer days on the ECML during the 1920s. A view from the footplate of a Gresley L.N.E.R. A1 Pacific while hauling an Up express passenger train from Edinburgh to London Kings Cross. The loco is north of Chevington station in rural Northumberland.

A Gresley L.N.E.R. D49 4-4-0 is heading north with a stopping passenger train from Newcastle for Alnmouth and Alnwick.

Testing the animated NG tippers at the quarry.

I found a nice Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST for quarry duty on the DLS, you are supposed to be able to change tha colours, but it does not work :(

Testing-the-NG-tippers-at-the-quarry.jpg

The colour changes have never worked with that particular Barclay model Graham.

More of my alternative Norfolk layout. B&FER 'Sharpie' wearing the company's old green livery in charge of the Boat Train to Foxhollow Bay. The luggage van and the luggage composite at the head of the train are a new generation of beta teak reskins I'm working on to suit Ken Green's coaches. If Ken is happy with what I'm doing and gives his permission they might end up on the DLS one day.

2qisKXy.jpg

Dug out my rebuilt version of the TS2012 layout The North Cornwall Railway by mrflibble. My version is just the Padstow-Wadebridge-Bodiam section of the line. The scenic work is very good, but I had to fix a lot of faults on the railway side on things. It's a fun layout and I should really play trains on it a lot more than i do.

Heading for Bodiam.

pamhZdc.jpg

0Q0K7VC.jpg

XpgOj0Q.jpg

u6gEkAs.jpg

Signal testing at Foxhollow. The new large station I'm working on at Foxhollow Bay has some fairly complex (for me at least) track formations so there's been a bit of fine adjustment going on here and there to get things working properly.

5VPCEzD.jpg

aqo4ync.jpg

Good stuff Annie. I have the digital PW gangs out laying track and you have the digital S&T fellows out on the line. Ah the arcane mysteries of calling on arms, repeating distants and split distants..........

Good stuff Annie. I have the digital PW gangs out laying track and you have the digital S&T fellows out on the line. Ah the arcane mysteries of calling on arms, repeating distants and split distants..........
Fortunately (touch wood) I now have all the trackwork laid on my Norfolk layout Frank so it's now doing all the fine tuning with getting the train services to run properly which involves fettling signals so that various essential movements can occur without ending up with engines facing each other off buffer to buffer. After that there is lots of scenic work that's only basically sketched out at the moment that needs finishing properly.

You seem to be having a good run with finishing things off as well which is perhaps one benefit of having to stay home during the present crisis.

Thanks Colin. I often find myself wondering why I even bother with the later versions of Trainz since TS2012 does all that I want. My copy of TS2019 has all DLC and payware assets disabled and I only use assets made up to build 3.7 so I run it like it's 64 bit TS2012, but even then I still prefer the original.

ECML 1913 - The train in the landscape

A shot of a North Eastern Railway Wilson Worsdell P2 Class 0-6-0 doing the job it was designed to do, hauling coal across the company's network in the north east of England. Here, pre-WWI with the company in its seventh decade, it is at the height of its powers.

Yes you have very much captured 'the train in the landscape' look Frank. All the scenic work you've being doing lately is coming together very nicely.

A return to my M&GNJR layout after ignoring it for too long. Trains can run, but there's still a lot of scenic and detailing work to do.
The M&GNJR sheeted wagons are beta version ones that I haven't uploaded to the DLS yet because I'm not completely happy with them.

KWJVUqO.jpg

v2E2O6I.jpg

I'm seeing if I can make a proper transition to TS2019. These screenshots are from angelah's TS2004 K&SER layout which I've been gradually converting over to TS2019. I did quite a bit of work a while ago then stopped when TS2019 started have all kinds of problems after the SP1 update. Now I've gone back to working on layouts in TS2019 again in an effort to learn how to use the new tools and see what can be done with them.
Lighting has been set up with the sun and ambient light coloured dark charcoal grey and the brightness slider just above the centre position.

qpnTIBW.jpg

5hRr1lF.jpg

dQ8suKz.jpg

2DDvzgB.jpg

Back