UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

1951 Northumberland

Northumberland 1951. A4 4-6-2 KINGFISHER heads north past Stobswood colliery with the down Capitals Limited. The spoilheap of Stobswood colliery is visible in the background.

Brighton Route Screenshots

21tbUWy.jpg
[/IMG]

One of Brighton's main express locomotives Ex-LBSCR N15X Class "Stephenson" is on its way to Horsham with a fast express. Usually it handles the midday express to Basingstoke, but it appears that Brighton is a bit short handed today.. That front brake coach could do with a wash! :hehe:

pLOZfaH.jpg
[/IMG]

pYT9RmX.jpg
[/IMG]

Another unique sight on the Brighton mainline. E2 Class No. 30103 is managing the early commuter rush with a pair of vintage Autocoaches. The typical EMU that handles the service failed and the little station pilot was sent in to save the day!

Sorry Annie! The Brighton Route is still in development and I haven't found a decent setting for the lighting yet. I took this one on the MSWJR route for better clarity.

MH9FeO8.jpg
[/IMG]

The Autocoaches are a reskin job of Jayholland's original coaches done by another user I know. I am attempting to reskin them into BR Marron or BR Green but so far my other projects are preventing me from doing so. I think I need to figure out how to place the driver in the coach cab before the train runs out of control though! :hehe:

Ah now I recognise those autocoaches. It was the retexturing that confused me. Thanks Tanker.

Getting the lighting adjusted properly in TS2019 can be a frustrating task. I generally start by painting the sun almost completely black and go from there.

GWR #3717, 'City of Truro', on one of many steam rides in the 60s. BR decided to bring it up to steam just this once (not actually). The reskin was made by me.
2VVfoY2.png

Last edited:
Hey! That reskin isn't half bad! ;). Good on you for improving your skills SRKing! The wheels look a bit dark but the boiler looks much more vivid like a preserved loco should! Keep up the good work. :)

Good shots Lord-Claud-Hamilton! Just shows that TS12 can produce just as good shots, indeed, better than T:ANE and the purportedly mighty TRS2019!

Rob.

Last edited:
Really nice screenshots Chris.

I mostly run TS2012 these days simply because it does what it says on the tin and it works. TANE is less of a problem, but I've become very wary of TS2019 outside of running my own rebuilds of my favourite legacy routes from TS2004 and TS2006 days.

Last edited:
TRS2019, despite its lighting issues, can still produce a very good scene. This is from the Logan Beck route, which is a modified version of Katangagirl's Cairnrigg route.

MRE5I0x.jpg

Nice screenshot Colin. Something tells me I might have seen it somewhere before. ;)

I've sometimes managed to twist TS2019 arm to make it produce something like realistic lighting, but it's not exactly a straightforward process.

Nice screenshot Colin. Something tells me I might have seen it somewhere before. ;)

I've sometimes managed to twist TS2019 arm to make it produce something like realistic lighting, but it's not exactly a straightforward process.
Hi Annie - For general use by me, TRS2019 is questionable. For pics however, as long as you select the right angle etc., it can produce some very good effects. i.e. it's very good for staging scenes! :)

That spinner tank engine always is an delightful sight Annie! I've seen a lot of single driver locomotives in UK History but never a tank engine! It's truly a one of a kind sight! :)

F&M Preservation Shots:

While the E1R is getting maintenance another locomotive handles the morning passenger trains. Ex-LBSCR I3 Class No.2088 takes the morning excursion out at 7:00am passing out of the yards before the rush hour rail traffic can begin.

5rWSYRm.jpg
[/IMG]

huPOoiG.jpg
[/IMG]

wQ5JNdB.jpg
[/IMG]

However any early start is dashed as the train must slow to a crawl due to maintenance work on the opposite line. Good thing it's an excursion or the railway might have some angry letters to deal with! ;)

hpH2mEn.jpg
[/IMG]

Good looking screenshots Tanker. Modelling the preservation scene certainly allows you to run a variety of rolling stock from different eras.

My 'spinner' single driver tank engines are constructed from all sorts of bits that weren't really intended to fit together, but in the context of my imaginary railway companies they are quite plausible. Single driver tank engines had a brief spot in the sunlight during the pre-grouping era as with light trains they were very capable of very smart timings due to their speed and quick acceleration. As train weights increased though they could no longer cope and were relegated to the forgotten sidings of railway history.
I spent quite a while fettling my single driver tanks and just like the prototypes they are inspired by they are excellent a working lighter local trains. Like the prototypes they were inspired by as well they ended up being displaced from some passenger services as my Norfolk layout continued to be extended and train weights increased and now they spend most of their time chasing the horizon working passenger trains on the Windweather Loop across the fen lands where their lighter axle loadings and quick acceleration make them masters of the task.

eUbbQf4.jpg

Last edited:
Back