UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Ivatt2mt.jpg

I am guessing, but the platforms appear too long for Dilton Marsh. (My guess!)

The Granges

Unfortantly WEN it wasn't Dilton Marsh.
So here another Picture.
fsscr398-1.jpg

Here we see West country 34021 Dartmoor racing to the south.

@redline41190
Here is the grange now as I have done a little more to make them look better.
fsscr399.jpg

Here wee see 6800 with its 4000 gallon tender.
fsscr400.jpg

Here we see Walton grange one of a few of the class that actually kept the 3000 gallon tender.
Some also had 3500 gallon tenders. These the only two that I have done so fare.

Last edited:
A Day At The Races

Nice pictures everyone,

warning a lot of pictures but the last that will be shown until the route is released.

fsscr000-7.jpg

Its the morning of the Chipping Spa Cup and we will be following practiaclly all the movoments on the day, we see the 45XX and Autocoach waiting to depart to Binegar Halt. The County Tank in the background is awaiting a passenger train from the west

fsscr001-5.jpg

At the other end of the line we see two Pannier Tanks a 64XX with four autocoach's and a 57XX, who can tell me the difference between the two classes?

fsscr002-5.jpg

Meenwhile the 45XX arrives propelling its Autocoach into Binegar Halt

fsscr003-6.jpg

and the 64XX departs Fenny Norton

fsscr004-5.jpg

and passes under Wilson's Bridge named in remeberance after Robert Wilson the only lad from Chipping Spa of the right age to join up in the First World War and was unfortunatly killed in the first Somme offensive.

More

fsscr005-4.jpg

here we can see the oldest Pannier Tank a 2021 class in Chipping Spa yard whilst the 64XX arrives at the station in the background

fsscr006-3.jpg

At the main line end the train from the west has arrived behind a Castle Class locomotive

fsscr007-3.jpg

which duely uncouples and moves off the train

fsscr008-3.jpg

in the yard 1361 class number 1363 is seen on a train of 5 horseboxes containing late arrivels, luckily for them the race isn't until the afternoon. The AEC railcar was due to be inservice that day but had broken down.

fsscr009-3.jpg

The saddle tank has been given permission to run wrong line passed the 45XX to get to the Racecourse with its preciouse load.

There will be more later but firstly are there any comments/suggestions on things that could be done to what has been shown? - apart from finish the main line end :p

lner
At the other end of the line we see two Pannier Tanks a 64XX with four autocoach's and a 57XX, who can tell me the difference between the two classes?

The 57xx has a higher working boiler pressure & bigger cylinders. :D
(it also weighs a few tons more)

The 57xx has a higher working boiler pressure & bigger cylinders. :D
(it also weighs a few tons more)

Also the 57xx had smaller driving wheels & an off centre middle driver plus a wider wheelbase.The 57xx's were designed for freight & shunting were as the 54/64xx were designed for passenger work.

details of both:
built: 1929-49 Collett design. The standard GWR shunter 863 built (5700-99,6700-99,7700-99,3700-99,3600-99,4600-99,9600-82,9700-99

Bolier Pressure 200 lbf/square inch.
Cylinders (inside) 17.5 inches x 24 inches
Valve Gear: Stephenson
Wheel diameters 4' 7.5''
Traction Effort 22510 lbf
weight 47.5 (although the 96xx, possibly more are 49 tons)
Restriction: Blue (yellow from 1950)
Power Class: C

Built: 1932-37 Collett design Push Pull fitted 40 built (6400-39)

Bolier Pressure 165 lbf/square inch.
Cylinders (inside) 16.5 inches x 24 inches
Valve Gear: Stephenson
Wheel diameters 4' 7.5''
Traction Effort 16510 lbf
weight 45.6 tons
Restriction: yellow
Power Class: A

quite different!

The driving wheels are 5'2" on the 64XX's

The wheelbase is 7'4" - 7'4" on the 64XX & 7'3" - 8'3" on the 57XX.

Info from those who run one ..........................
GWR 64XX Pannier No. 6412
GWR 0-6-0PT No. 6412, Built November 1934,
Wheel Arrangement - 0-6-0PT (Pannier Tank)
Swindon Works, England
Power Classification - A/2P
Driving Wheel Diameter - 4ft 7½in <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Cylinders - 16½in x 24in
Stephenson valve gear
Nominal Tractive Effort - 16,510lbs
Weight in working order - 47 tons
Boiler Pressure - 165 PSI
Route Availability - Yellow

From this site ..... http://www.spavalleyrailway.co.uk/Spa6412_04.htm

Sorry about the bold, but it's just the way it C&P'd

Last edited:
Youre right, sorry.

There are three versions of 54XX, 64XX & 74XX.

The 54XX had 5'2" drivers, the 64XX & 74XX had 4'7 1/2" drivers
There was differences in weight tractive effort & boiler pressure between all three types.

The main page I'm looking at has a photo of 5401 & the driving wheels clearly look larger than on the 57XX over the page.
I didnt spot the stars next to the 64XX & 74XX numbers & the small list of differences at the bottom of the page.

My mistake. :)

Last edited:
I got my info from the platform 5 list of preserved locos

blimey, 6412 now at the Spa Valley! It moves around a fair bit!

wow thats a good discussion going there :) I have learnt a lot from reading it.

Just a quick note to say that the GWR route has been sent to the DLS and is awaiting approval. :cool:

6412 has been back at home on the WSR since October last year and is currently dismantled at Williton for 10 yearly boiler exam/overhaul. The wheels have been dropped as well. From what I've read, she'll be back in steam this year though.

Anthony

@redline41190
Here is the grange now as I have done a little more to make them look better.
fsscr399.jpg

Here wee see 6800 with its 4000 gallon tender.
fsscr400.jpg

Here we see Walton grange one of a few of the class that actually kept the 3000 gallon tender.
Some also had 3500 gallon tenders. These the only two that I have done so fare.

much better :) can i ask what typeface you used for the head codes? (ill be using the real picutres of the numberplates for my granges) and how you got the nameplates?

Im working on a small conversion of "Dinmore Manor" to 7802 "Bradley Manor" which currently carries the 4000 gallon tender.

cheers
-Jeremy

p.s. you might wanna change the shedcode :p

much better :) can i ask what typeface you used for the head codes? (ill be using the real picutres of the numberplates for my granges) and how you got the nameplates?

Im working on a small conversion of "Dinmore Manor" to 7802 "Bradley Manor" which currently carries the 4000 gallon tender.

cheers
-Jeremy

p.s. you might wanna change the shedcode :p
Hi again I'm not sure what you mean by typeface :confused: I'm not very good when it comes to computer talk. I will have a go at changing the shed plate. I have also asked if I can add them to the DLS but I have had not relpy yet.

addtional to my last post 14XX 1401 as seen in the Titfield Thunderbolt has also been uploaded to the DLS with kind permission of its creator and is now with the GWR Route awaiting Auran Approval

Back