UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Post #2042 - Nice Cab View Shot! Its rare that people are able to take a screenshot from this angle and you definitely made yours look fantastic! :)

Out of curiosity, is that the V1 model from Paulz Trainz? It's a really nice model! I am partial to his V3 myself but I do enjoy the V1 as well!

Tanker46

More 19th century engines.

pOuDTqi.jpg

Post # 2045 - The V1 was the second locomotive I bought from Paul's website. The earlier versions he made tend to have a darker body texture than the updated V3s and I honestly think the original measures up wonderfully.

Post # 2044 - Nice locos KotangaGirl! :) Between these and the 0-6-4T from earlier, it really amazes me how unique your locomotives are for this route!

Speaking of unique locos, Knucklesnvector just released a new model of his old GWR 850 Class and I have to say it is an incredible improvement! It's on the DLS in GWR and BR Liveries and has been modeled in both Saddle Tank and Pannier Tank formats!

Looks like Dearnby Docks has a new shunter to add to the group! :)

4ii9Qsj.jpg
[/IMG]
sXwHXpp.jpg
[/IMG]
dVm1cGn.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Last edited:
Thanks Tanker. My early 19th century engines are all Paul's work, though I have done quite a bit to them.

Nice that knucklesnvector is revising some of his older engines and I must say his new GWR 850 class is looking very good indeed.

Last edited:
Agreed. His design is looking really impressive. I have always liked his locomotives and have used his H16 and E1R in most of my route projects, but this is a whole new level of improvement! I hope he continues to improve on his designs like the Precursors or the Cardeans, and maybe even see some new models of his! (An LSWR G16 would be nice! :) )

Speaking of your 19th century locos, you said you did some work on them, by that do you mean you gave the textures some refinement? I know you are a master of your craft when it comes to reskinning.. ;)

Tanker46

Hi Tanker; - yes I've worked on the textures and I've also adjusted the ambient, diffuse and specular settings for the body mesh. I've also added such details as number plates, different couplings, vacuum brake pipes and footplate crew figures. The cab view/interior has been changed for one that will work in TS2019 and I've also upgraded the engine spec files and engine sound files.
I particularly like engines of this era and I'm finding that I'm running the more modern models I have in my collection less and less as I steadily wind back the clock on my layouts.

WIP picture with some details still to be applied. This is No.30. The picture above is of No.34. E.G.R. = Eastlingwold & Great Mulling Railway, - which is a product of my imagination.
n6jgtb5.jpg

More Eastlingwold & Great Mulling engines.

ghrqdtD.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the memories Rob. :D
When my 4 boys were young I would take them walking along the Sandstone trail ( just a part at a time though)
Now I have found that the Sandstone Trail has it's own website!

https://sandstonetrail.co.uk/

3 out of 4 boys (now men) still go out walking, the other prefers his superbike riding.

The terrain in my shot was influenced by the Quiraing landcape on the Isle of Sky.
Another place that I enjoyed walking back in the eighties.
Now even that walk has a website page!

https://www.isleofskye.com/skye-guide/top-ten-skye-walks/the-quiraing

Last edited:
Post #2051 - Nice detail shots Euromodeller! The landscape is breathtaking! I especially like the stone circle in the focus of the shot!

A little more route experimenting: Here's a few shots from the SDJR...

pT1fjKL.jpg
[/IMG]
3MjZx21.jpg
[/IMG]
mx7FadC.jpg
[/IMG]

And a few pics from Evilcrow's ScR layout. Everything looks good on this one! :)

CP7xzat.jpg
[/IMG]
EL1XAMb.jpg
[/IMG]
m2QkvTh.jpg
[/IMG]
1yKMIC4.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Post #2051 - Nice detail shots Euromodeller! The landscape is breathtaking! I especially like the stone circle in the focus of the shot!

A little more route experimenting: Here's a few shots from the SDJR...

pT1fjKL.jpg
[/IMG]
3MjZx21.jpg
[/IMG]
mx7FadC.jpg
[/IMG]

And a few pics from Evilcrow's ScR layout. Everything looks good on this one! :)

CP7xzat.jpg
[/IMG]
EL1XAMb.jpg
[/IMG]
m2QkvTh.jpg
[/IMG]
1yKMIC4.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

re post #2055 Tanker46

Nice shots, Tanker46.
My route seems to be missing the "Brown Ballast" texture by lielestosbrat <kuid2:101839:41000:2>. This texture was built in to TANE,
please check the kuid number in the contents list.

Cheers, evilcrow

Re post #2056. Evilcrow, the same thing happens to me in T:ANE. Lielestobrat's LRW procedural track initially displays the ballast texture and then it promptly disappears. Shutting down T:ANE and restarting does not bring it back, yet the texture kuids are still there and the asset displays neither error nor warning message.

Re Posts 2055, 2057 and 2058.
You could try this possible work around for the ballast texture <kuid2:101839:41000:2>.
Down load the texture in TS12, open up the cdp , copy the contents to a folder on the desk top (name the folder 'brown ballast').
In the config, change the kuid from <kuid2:101839:41000:2> to <kuid2:101839:41000:3>.
Then in TANE, use 'File', 'Import Content Folder', then navigate to the folder 'brown ballast' and import it into TANE, this should over write the built in item. If that does not work, try a new texture of your choice.

Cheers, evilcrow

re post #2055 Tanker46

Nice shots, Tanker46.
My route seems to be missing the "Brown Ballast" texture by lielestosbrat <kuid2:101839:41000:2>. This texture was built in to TANE,
please check the kuid number in the contents list.

Cheers, evilcrow

It's builtin to TRS19 as well and working OK here. Probably needs a database repair.

I have been waiting for evilcrow's route to appear but it does not show up in Tane or dls search.

Please tell me where to find it thanks

Back