UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

g06H3ev.jpg

Swanage has been uploaded and should be available for download within 24 hours. A few sessions will follow in the coming weeks.

Cheers,

PLP

I'm sure there are a lot of people eagerly awaiting the Swanage Railway PLP!
No apologies for yet more pictures celebrating the arrival of the 4mt. Thanks to all who had a hand in bringing it to fruition.

gp7zRj3.jpg
[/IMG]
A2bQAig.jpg
[/IMG]
VA2Y5x9.jpg
[/IMG]
3NY6R43.jpg
[/IMG]

They don't have to wait for it anymore! I saw it on the DLS, so now anyone can check it out. I will download it today, but I feel like it may take a few days... Anyway, thank you Parker for the Swanage Railway! I enjoyed seeing its progress on this thread, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more now that it's available. Thank you so much!!

Great screenshots I'm seeing as well! Maybe I should jump back into Trainz...

I'm sure there are a lot of people eagerly awaiting the Swanage Railway PLP!
No apologies for yet more pictures celebrating the arrival of the 4mt. Thanks to all who had a hand in bringing it to fruition.

gp7zRj3.jpg
[/IMG]
A2bQAig.jpg
[/IMG]
VA2Y5x9.jpg
[/IMG]
3NY6R43.jpg
[/IMG]

So many great shots of the 4MT! I'm so glad everyone is getting such enjoyment out of it! Those screenshots are incredible Neville!

Congrats especially to you Parker! It looks like the Swanage Roster is finally filled and your goal has come to fruition! This is going to be an excellent route for years to come!! :D

Well Barney has definitely demonstrated his loco making chops with the class 4 tank engine. My only concern is that it's such a huge filesize, soon we'll alll need new hard-drives! However, I think N3V are implementing new file compression techniques in the latest Trainz Plus beta release, so hopefully this won't be a problem in the future.

Paul

Well Barney has definitely demonstrated his loco making chops with the class 4 tank engine. My only concern is that it's such a huge filesize, soon we'll alll need new hard-drives! However, I think N3V are implementing new file compression techniques in the latest Trainz Plus beta release, so hopefully this won't be a problem in the future.

Paul

My thoughts exactly Paul. With the sharp increase in quality of models, the file size is becoming heftier and heftier. It's just something that comes with the change of content I guess..

A file compression system is exactly what we need to balance it out. I only hope N3V can sort it out in due time.

Paul

I wouldn't be too worried about it. 5 years ago 1TB was a huge HDD, now 4TB or 8TB is very common (and nowhere near as expensive as they were originally). That's just the way the IT industry has always gone.

1 TB SSDs are now cheaper than 500GB ones were just a couple of years ago, I have 3 4TB drives as backup drives and multiple 2 TB drives in PCs for storage and content creating etc and multiple 500GB and 1TB SSDs for Trainz installs.

Final bit of testing on the latest session for Swanage - all going well this should be hopefully be ready for uploading tomorrow evening.

Some screenshots of the session showing 80104 with the Wessex Belle on a wet evening:
K3fMM24.jpg

z5ehEVl.jpg

RyeR2v3.jpg

Yv1boWa.jpg

GpXqW0I.jpg

w1zGXhl.jpg

K5aI38r.jpg

They're a little dark - best viewed in the evening!

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Super shots everyone ! My latest project is to build the Easingwold Railway and here is J72 69020 standing in the bay at Alne station with a pair of NER 6 wheel coaches. Rolling stock on this line included a 6 wheel coach with the centre axle removed !

Easingwold Train at Alne 9.7.22 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

If you like I could put together a generic N.E.R. 6w compartment coach since I still have all the base artwork for my 'litho' N.E.R. coaches. No promises as to when I might get that done as I'm recovering from COVID at the moment.

If you like I could put together a generic N.E.R. 6w compartment coach since I still have all the base artwork for my 'litho' N.E.R. coaches. No promises as to when I might get that done as I'm recovering from COVID at the moment.

Hi , thanks for the offer, did you mean LNER ? The coaches are yours and are NER. Technically the line never had British Rail locos or coaches on passenger trains as it closed to passengers in 1948 and to goods in 1957. I've been searching for a grounded coach body because the Easingwold dumped their retired coaches at the lineside but I haven't found one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easingwold_Railway

Hi , thanks for the offer, did you mean LNER ? The coaches are yours and are NER. Technically the line never had British Rail locos or coaches on passenger trains as it closed to passengers in 1948 and to goods in 1957. I've been searching for a grounded coach body because the Easingwold dumped their retired coaches at the lineside but I haven't found one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easingwold_Railway

An amazing little independent railway that actually managed to turn a small profit for its entire existence; - there can't have been too many like that.
Yes I recognised my 6w N.E.R. saloon coaches and I did mean N.E.R. and not LNER as I've not made any post-grouping rolling stock. I wonder if I could modify the body from one of my generic teak coaches for use as a lineside hut? Leave it with me while I have an experiment with the idea. I'll PM you once I've come up with something.

How nice to remember the Easington Railway & will be nice to see one at the terminal if modelled. Nice place Easington & been several times. No sign of station now but pub near it still stands.

An amazing little independent railway that actually managed to turn a small profit for its entire existence; - there can't have been too many like that.
Yes I recognised my 6w N.E.R. saloon coaches and I did mean N.E.R. and not LNER as I've not made any post-grouping rolling stock. I wonder if I could modify the body from one of my generic teak coaches for use as a lineside hut? Leave it with me while I have an experiment with the idea. I'll PM you once I've come up with something.

Normally when I want a grounded coach body I lay a piece of track below ground level and place a coach on it. The only trouble is that they all too bright and shiny ! There's a nice photo here where you can see an old coach body mounted on sleepers - in later photos it has more or less rotted away. The station building will be a problem and I have to do a search for the water columns which were cheap and cheerful.
https://transportsofdelight.smugmug...3-GROUPING/THE-EASINGWOLD-RAILWAY/i-hcHX795/A

This is a short video showing progress so far, having started on Monday.

Last edited:
Back