UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thanks Graham. It's a bit annoying having to play menu roulette to access what used to be handily placed on the menu bar, but otherwise it all seems to be working out fine. Your German layout is certainly looking good in TS2019.
Setting up lighting is still the thing a lot of Trainz folk seem to struggle with and I would prefer it if there was a version of TS2019 with all the tools and features, but minimal content, but despite that I think I can make TS2019 do what I want.

Carrachmuir Port on the MAC line (fictional)

All buildings and ships are by Mason Taylor.
On the DLS as masontaylor.

1051-6d7240ff.jpg

1052-bea57d67.jpg

Last edited:
Masontaylor, - master builder for Trainz. Mason's ship models are excellent pieces of work.
I have to say I really do like that wharf you've built Graham.

MasonTaylor has turned out some splendid assets, especially grimy buildings suited to northern scenes, evoking the saying "its grim up north".

Hey borderreiver, it's grim everywhere at the moment!

Yes, Mason Taylor's assets are superb and really do invoke the North of England and Scotland atmosphere.

Rob.

Today it is a different kind of grim Robd, not one related to "dark satanic mills". However, when I look out across my garden the view is not very grim at all, even some sunshine. However, to evoke a grim statistic from days of yore "oop north". During the mid-19th century, in a Gateshead ward which was beside the Tyne and and the York, Newcastle & Berwick Railways' Greenesfield depot, there was only one flushing W.C. in the ward, population 4,500.

L.N.E.R. Worsdell J26 at Derwenthaugh mid-1920s.

I have been re-reading Grafton's biography of Sir Vincent Raven, C.M.E. of the N.E.R. from 1910 through 1922. Raven had Gateshead driver Tom Blades bring the first N.E.R. 4.6.2 Class Pacific, number 2400 north when outshopped in November 1922. On arrival at Gateshead, Raven asked Blades what he thought of number 2400. He was not pleased when Blades told him "Ye will ha' trouble wi' the 'inside bearants on the pony truck'" (translation "You will have trouble with the inside bearings on the pony truck"). When Raven asked "Why so?", Blades replied "Why man, for wan thing thems te neor the fayer!" (tranlation: "Why fellow, for one thing they are too near the fire (in the firebox)"). The class did indeed have those troubles, with Cartazzi sliding axle boxes replacing the originals on the pony truck.

:hehe::D:hehe:

Brilliant! Classic British comedy. Thanks for posting that Rob.

Thanks for sharing that Sir Vincent Raven story too Frank.

Last edited:
Another really nice shot, Frank. I think Paul’s loco’s look nicer in 19, or maybe that’s just me. The lighting you have found seems to suit them.
Best wishes
Ian

Thanks Annie, thanks Ian. I have commissioned Paul to make me some updated P2 Class/J26 locos and 1369 is one of those, built to represent the period 1923 through 1928 when the L.N.E.R. had numbered tenders. The skin suits T:ANE and TRS2019 but is quite dark in TS12. I have no problem with them being dark in TS12 but it might not suit all tastes. The locos also have autocoupling, which Paul has kindly worked to incorporate in my recent loco, carriage and wagon commissions. The shot is at Derwenthaugh, where I have been doing some work replacing the factories. Keen viewers will notice that masontaylor's SBS Old Factory Kit 2 is present in force. Signals are by Chrisaw, who has done sterling work on a range of NER LQ, LNER UQ and M&H LQ signal assets.

Regards
Frank

Paul's engines do look better in TS2019 Ian. It's something I immediately noticed when I started to use Paul's engines in TS2019. Their basic no frills construction and scripting is a big plus too since there's nothing that can really go wrong with them.

Brighton 1950s Route (Before the Rebuild)

Mq9MPnf.jpg
[/IMG]

Brighton Station is busy again today!

zafI99Z.jpg
[/IMG]

An L1 Class hauling a stopping train bound for Eastbourne.

mvk1VaX.jpg
[/IMG]

KVO5Me5.jpg
[/IMG]

The children in Brighton are in for a treat as it seems the circus has come to town! Headed by H15 No.30482, it heads through Hove station on its way into Brighton. People at the edge of the platform have started to crowd around to see it go by!

South Eastern & Chatham Railway presence at Robertsbridge. I'm steadily rolling back time with my K&ESR project. The original TS2004 layout was set in the early BR error.

K7sQcp7.jpg

Regardless running the KESR is a fantastic surprise Annie!! Hesperus looks very busy running the line! :)

I also really like the brightness on those Bridcage Coaches! Did you reskin them or leave them as is?

Back