UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Ah ok, tbanks - I'll have to look in TANE to see if it is any better for me.

That shot is of Reddish Depot on the Woodhead Line. I'm afraid I've been a bit lazy in keeping details of an old route in my signature file - it's from before my 5-year+ absence from Trainz. One day I'll finish it off - really just needs Buxton doing properly, but it has all the correct gradients, and built on DEM.

I never knew you had a Woodhead Route on the back burner Stovepipe! Very incredible indeed!

I have to say, I've actually beginning to develop quite the interest in UK Electrics ( Particularly the third rail variety) and I would love to see more routes available for them!

Pardon me asking, but what Prototypical UK Routes are you working on? I'm very curious. :)

...We had 1500 volt DC electrics here in New Zealand for a good many years so I've been more than a little tempted to consider a Uk 'sparker' layout.

A suggestion: The Manchester South Junction and Altrincham Railway circa 1933 - 1971. It was a 1500v dc electric line:

http://altrinchamelectric.org.uk/photo_gallery/index.html

I remember travelling on the ex MSJ & AR 'electric trains' in my childhood and teens! A compact layout, only 9 miles of track but lots of stations.

I am thinking about making some of the EMU's but I don't have the patience to make a layout!

Rob.

Last edited:
A suggestion: The Manchester South Junction and Altrincham Railway circa 1933 - 1971. It was a 1500v dc electric line:

I remember travelling on the ex MSJ & AR 'electric trains' in my childhood and teens! A compact layout, only 9 miles of track but lots of stations.

I am thinking about making some of the EMU's but I don't have the patience to make a layout!

Rob.

Any EMUs you make would be more than welcome Rob.

The 4VEPs, 2HALs, and 2PANs have yet to appear in Trainz but I am sure there are countless types for you to choose from! No matter what you decide to make I'm sure they will look great!

Just got your DMUs in game by the way. Looking forward to testing them out! :D

Any EMUs you make would be more than welcome Rob.

The 4VEPs, 2HALs, and 2PANs have yet to appear in Trainz but I am sure there are countless types for you to choose from! No matter what you decide to make I'm sure they will look great!

Just got your DMUs in game by the way. Looking forward to testing them out! :D

The MSJ&AR 1500v dc EMU's were unique to that railway, never used or seen anywhere else. The 79xxx DMU's are to be updated soon.

Rob.

Rob.

A 9 mile route certainly sounds very possible Rob. Something to keep in mind for the future.

Still in TANE

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

I never knew you had a Woodhead Route on the back burner Stovepipe! Very incredible indeed!

I have to say, I've actually beginning to develop quite the interest in UK Electrics ( Particularly the third rail variety) and I would love to see more routes available for them!

Pardon me asking, but what Prototypical UK Routes are you working on? I'm very curious. :)

Sorry to disappoint tanker, it's just a small route based on the shed environs only.

Though I have made a DEM of the whole Woodhead route if anyone was interested in taking it on?

Yes I have a few routes on the go, mostly originally made in 2009 to 2012, when I had more time. A few are 20-30miles long and well scenic'd, others much less so. They mostly need upgrading with new textures and trees, and finishing off. I would like to get them on the DLS one day, but at my current rate of progress it won't be any time soon. I do make an effort to get the proto details right for inside the railway fence (gradients, track layout, signalling etc), but less so outside.

Another three wonderfully atmospheric screenshots from you Ken and nice to see another screenshot of Reddish Depot from you stovepipe.

Every so often I like to revisit stationbeem's winterised version of driver_col's TS2012 GWR Tristyn & District layout. Apart from it being a good test track when I'm fettling and repairing some of the older engines in my collection I just happen to like it. TANE seems to suit it very well and even though all the shrubs and trees are older billboard models they don't detract from the appearance of the layout.
The locomotive is the GWR 'Scott' class Atlantic No. 181 'Ivanhoe'.

sk5yemh.jpg

MxIvJ3D.jpg

oSgOuJ4.jpg

Ken, great shots, especially the double-header. The third one, with the tunnel and a train beyond the tunnel is really special. So nicely done! It had to take a while to catch that one just right.

Annie, I loved the coach being pulled by the Atlantic #181. The details in your third shot are really amazing. I may have to take a look at the TANE version for that winterized version of Tristyn, as I have a weakness for winter routes.

Regards,
Gary

re post #4570 KotangaGirl
Thanks for the compliment Annie, nice shots for the Xmas cards methinks.
BTW 45570 in my shot, should ring a bell.
re post #4571 chrisaw.
Thank you for the compliment Chris.
re post #4572 Heinrich505.
Thanks Gary, taking screenshots in Trainz can be a bit like real life linesiding, a bit of luck sometimes comes into play.

Still in TANE

Cheers, Ken

e post #4570 KotangaGirl
Thanks for the compliment Annie, nice shots for the Xmas cards methinks.
BTW 45570 in my shot, should ring a bell.

Yes very nice indeed Ken. 45570 'New Zealand'.

And a 'spam can' in the snow Winter scene to finish off, - lovely.

I've got all that modern 20th century stuff out of my system and I'm back with working on my 1890 Minehead branch layout again.

6Ug0OQC.jpg

It would be great to be able to jump into a time machine and have a day trip to see the very earliest days of the railways.
Personally I would go to Camden shed in 1939 and I'd have to be dragged back into the time machine :hehe:

Great screenshots all.

Re post #4576 KotangaGirl
Back to the Broad gauge then Annie, with mixed gauge as well, look forward to seeing more.
re post #4577 LMS_MAN
Neasden or Willesden for me.

Still in TANE

Cheers, Ken

Re post #4576 KotangaGirl
Back to the Broad gauge then Annie, with mixed gauge as well, look forward to seeing more.

Thanks Ken. The mixed gauge kit by Steve Flanders is still somewhat experimental and a bit tricky to work with, but I'm hoping that by converting all 25 miles of my Minehead branch to mixed gauge I'll be able to give Steve some useful feedback that might lead to further developments.
Always good to see your own contributions to this screenshot thread as well.

It would be great to be able to jump into a time machine and have a day trip to see the very earliest days of the railways.
Personally I would go to Camden shed in 1939 and I'd have to be dragged back into the time machine :hehe:

Yes definitely! It would certainly make researching 19th century railways a lot easier. I think they would also have to drag me back to the time machine since I wouldn't want to leave.

Works train engaged in doing track testing. So far I've only derailed it twice due to making silly mistakes.

qYcP6NC.jpg

Last edited:
Good shots of BG and MG Annie. As usual, a high standard of shot from Ken.
As for time travel, while it is quite tempting, I follow Crichton's novel Timeline when it comes to modern misunderstandings about trying to covertly insert oneself into the past.
You know what you know, and while you think you know what you don't know, unfortunately you don't know what you don't know.
While I'd pick Darlington works and shed around 1922 I'd caution anyone about wandering around a busy railway shed location in 1939.
You'll likely stand out like a sore thumb and if you take a digital camera (or in fact a camera of any kind) I think someone will have the law on you as a potential spy.
Some potential for a novel there though.....

Thanks Ken. The mixed gauge kit by Steve Flanders is still somewhat experimental and a bit tricky to work with, but I'm hoping that by converting all 25 miles of my Minehead branch to mixed gauge I'll be able to give Steve some useful feedback that might lead to further developments.
Always good to see your own contributions to this screenshot thread as well.

Yes definitely! It would certainly make researching 19th century railways a lot easier. I think they would also have to drag me back to the time machine since I wouldn't want to leave.

Works train engaged in doing track testing. So far I've only derailed it twice due to making silly mistakes.

qYcP6NC.jpg

Excellent shots Annie! I had no idea the 850s were Broad Gauge compatible! A very interesting layout indeed!

q1KJvMY.jpg
[/IMG]

More Brighton Route updates! I've finally made it to shed 75E - Three Bridges MPD! It's been a long time coming but definitely worth the effort I put in. I can't wait until I finish the rest of it so I can release a beta of the entire LBSCR Network!

Some good shots in the rain..

o4dqIdP.jpg
[/IMG]

3mVmyw4.jpg
[/IMG]

EXETFau.jpg
[/IMG]

Bluebell Veteran No.31592 heads a three car local train along the line to Turnbridge Wells. The line is primarily staffed by SECR H Class and LBSCR D3 locos but the goods loco is filling in for a failing D3 as it must return to Tonbridge where it is allocated. An exciting new route to explore and build once the LBSCR Saga comes to a close!

QWGeWag.jpg
[/IMG]

I think that I'm going to take a small break from the Brighton Route to reorient myself. Gonna play around with Dearnby a bit before diving into another section. Phase III is going to cover Gatwick all the way to South Croydon - keep your eyes peeled for it!

Back