UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

This author is N3V, and the assets are used in the TRS19 Main Menu 'route'. Presumably the same for TRS22.

There have been some fine screenshots recently.

There's certainly been some darn fine screenshot posted here lately.

Crossing Ribblehead Viaduct on the S&C in TS2019 SP0. If any DLC needs a refresh and tidy up this is it.

0qyrg4n.jpg

Excellent shots as ever, well done all.

On their way to the DLS; some new signs for your stations comprising 10 new SR posters and 2 stations signs:
o5ZsAEF.jpg

T72soqs.jpg

Some of the above in use at Corfe Castle:
KLCQ87P.jpg

I hope to make several more posters over the coming days, possibly including other regions too.

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
Very nice PLP. I think I might have a use for some of those on 'Milbourne James SR'.

Early morning snapshot taken at Moxbury MPD on the TRS22 version of my Norfolk layout.

VGi21hi.jpg

Morning all

I absolutely love those SR posters and will definitely find a use for them on my fictional route. The artwork is really stunning as well.

Kind regards,

Gary

Excellent shots as ever, well done all.

On their way to the DLS; some new signs for your stations comprising 10 new SR posters and 2 stations signs:
o5ZsAEF.jpg

T72soqs.jpg

Some of the above in use at Corfe Castle:
KLCQ87P.jpg

I hope to make several more posters over the coming days, possibly including other regions too.

Cheers,

PLP

Amazing Parker! These are definitely going you be featured on the SR Project Route as Station Dressing - with your permission of course! ;) I see you even did the famous King Arthur Poster by Sir John Elliot, incredible!!

I suspect I'll get quite the mileage out of that "Southern Electric" one in the South London Area. :hehe:

Thanks all, glad they're going to find some use. I'll hopefully churn a few more out later. The NRM have an archive of original posters that have a free licence so I've been using those. I agree, the imagery is lovely - if only we still had advertising like that today!

Cheers,

PLP

Something new now, a Black 5 no. 45379 with the C set between Swanage and Corfe Castle. An excellent looking loco and a joy to drive.
dd7G6hT.jpg

U8VaNJr.jpg

uIotyjI.jpg

qLRR2Uq.jpg

And the return trip:
vdmQoTI.jpg

O6ViObP.jpg

wv3GzGK.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

#5951. Very clean and shiny PLP. Is that the new DLC Black 5?

And now for something a bit more on the grubby side. I discovered neville_hill's 'Mold & Denbigh branch, North Wales' route for TANE almost by accident today while looking for something else so I decided to take a closer look at it. The description says it's unfinished, but even so it's still a darn fine route and better than most. If I wasn't so short on energy these days I'd be tempted to take the route back into the 1930s.

GqLIJpp.jpg

HF2OZvU.jpg

otLktKe.jpg

TxgIkKJ.jpg

That Black 5 does look a bit bizarre; the valvegear looks as if it's had several coats of grey paint - very clean grey paint.

'Grubby' is exactly the right word to describe 1950's branch lines in North Wales Annie. I am continuing to finish the route slowly, although it will now appear in different pieces as part of a much enlarged Dearnby route.

That Black 5 does look a bit bizarre; the valvegear looks as if it's had several coats of grey paint - very clean grey paint.

'Grubby' is exactly the right word to describe 1950's branch lines in North Wales Annie. I am continuing to finish the route slowly, although it will now appear in different pieces as part of a much enlarged Dearnby route.

I'm afraid some of the latest PBR DLC locomotives leave me largely unconvinced with their jelly mould plastic appearance.

I've got a modest collection of early 1950's BR locomotives I can introduce to Mold & Denbigh, but for a first run about I decided to blow the virtual dust off my ex-LNWR Precursor tank engine. I'll be interested to see how Dearnby continues to develop and how parts of
Mold & Denbigh are integrated into it.

It's one from GP Locomotives, though it has been retextured as part of a collaboration between Gary and another user.

It fits perfectly on Swanage as preserved locos are generally clean and shiny, and the new textures make it look fantastic.

Some from me of my latest session I am working on:
Wo2Db7R.jpg

7i1C55W.jpg

Uf7octY.jpg

9XJMasX.jpg

fpnyrwU.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
It's one from GP Locomotives, though it has been retextured as part of a collaboration between Gary and another user.

It fits perfectly on Swanage as preserved locos are generally clean and shiny, and the new PBR textures make it look fantastic.

I don't want to start any arguments PLP as the great thing about Trainz is that it's a broad church with something to suit everyone whatever their tastes might be. It is interesting though that Gary is experimenting with the new materials which I suppose is sensible since the new generation of Trainz folk seem to want that kind of thing. Me, - I'm just an opinionated old termagant who grew up with books by John Ahern and coarse scale 'O' gauge and thinks everything was better when I was a girl.

I have to say though that the work you've done on Swanage lately is looking very good.

No not at all, and my mistake - they're not PBR textures just very, very good ones!

2995valliant's screenshot shows another version of the motion which is a dirtier, more used look - but then, as I said earlier I like running clean engines as that fits the preserved look.

Thank you for your kind words on Swanage too; I always feel a bit guilty posting the exact same shots but I hope it shows that work continues in the background!

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
A steady progression of development and enhancement PLP. Definitely all good. It would be interesting to see a series of screenshots taken over the past few months in locations around Swanage just to show how much has changed.

It's good to see that Gary has got his website up and running again. I've just ordered a pair of 56xx's and I've got my eye on one or two other engines, but I'll have to wait until my pocket money budget recovers first.

It's nice as well to see a couple more pictures of what Anthony is working on with the Black 5's

Last edited:
PLP /2995Valliant - It's an interesting topic, given how important valvegear is visually. You're dead right that a clean loco is more realistic on a preserved line but I find (and it's just a personal view of course) that post #5956 is much more convincing even for a clean loco - there'll always be some texture.
Funnily enough, in my original comment I was going to cite Gary's original Black 5 as a great example of valvegear and wheel textures! It's all personal choices for different situations but as a very long term fan of Gary's output it's excellent news that you're experimenting with him to develop his work for the future.
Annie - thanks for the encouragement and I'm glad you're getting some mileage out of Mold and Denbigh even in its early 'unfinished' incarnation.

The grey valvegear actually looked far better in game, as the reflections as it moved gave it life, but it definitely did not reproduce well in screenshots.

Hopefully there will be ex-works/preserved engines for all the relevant classes as time goes on. Then there might be some weathered ones.

Double heading with a model built released almost 18 years and 10 versions of Trainz later...

52669230516_ee18bbcf91_k.jpg

Back