UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thank you Annie and Tom,

of course when finished I will share it ... Do somebody could help a bit for signalization ? I could provide a scheme for a welcomme support, as I am not familiar with british regulation...

Friendly, Marc

Some of U class 31806 on its last run on the branch - watch this space as to why this is its last run...
y1pVRwK.jpg

iIWIikY.jpg

zpZFeVO.jpg

Pw3NVPr.jpg

zkNOSq5.jpg

je5yNEV.jpg

dbzpNhe.jpg

6xvP5tK.jpg

oonUhFA.jpg

sJdVBuc.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

And here it is!

I messaged Ed last month about the possibility of modifying his N class to represent the U class rebuilt from the original K class, as the N and the U in real life shared a kit of parts.

Ed kindly obliged and created the U as seen on the Swanage Railway and below. We now have an N, a rebuilt U and an original build U in Trainz - the former 2 from edh6 and the latter from camscott.

eAMAkWw.jpg

rLLMcF0.jpg

ZxCQZGM.jpg

gI1hL7R.jpg

The U comes in both BR lined black and SR green and can be paired with either the 3,500 gal tender or the 4,000 gal as the class carried both during its life. The 4,000 is the one that was designed for the Us, with the 3,500 going to the Ns as seen above but being very similar locomotives they swapped frequently.

Thanks Ed - they're a gem to drive! You really are leading the way for UK modellers so thank you on behalf of us all.

Cheers,

PLP

PLP, you are so right. I just took them out for a spin, and they drive like a dream in cab mode.

Ed, they look wonderful. :cool: Thanks so much for doing these. They are happily in my collection. What a cool gift on Thanksgiving.

Regards,
Gary

And here it is!

I messaged Ed last month about the possibility of modifying his N class to represent the U class rebuilt from the original K class, as the N and the U in real life shared a kit of parts.

Ed kindly obliged and created the U as seen on the Swanage Railway and below. We now have an N, a rebuilt U and an original build U in Trainz - the former 2 from edh6 and the latter from camscott.

eAMAkWw.jpg

rLLMcF0.jpg

ZxCQZGM.jpg

gI1hL7R.jpg

The U comes in both BR lined black and SR green and can be paired with either the 3,500 gal tender or the 4,000 gal as the class carried both during its life. The 4,000 is the one that was designed for the Us, with the 3,500 going to the Ns as seen above but being very similar locomotives they swapped frequently.

Thanks Ed - they're a gem to drive! You really are leading the way for UK modellers so thank you on behalf of us all.

Cheers,

PLP

God Bless You Parker!!

I'm so happy that you convinced Ed to create a K rebuilt U Class! Now the entire roster of Maunsell's greatest moguls are available in game!

Took a quick photo of No.31800 heading a mixed goods transfer from Norwood Junction to it's homeshed of Guildford via Redhill on the old SER line. Excellent loco and a very welcome one at that! :D

r6ia5Fu.jpg
[/IMG]

ReAY7sJ.jpg
[/IMG]

1rIKcRg.jpg
[/IMG]

VQ6v107.jpg
[/IMG]

Woo3AFl.jpg
[/IMG]

Great shots Tanker.

I didn't actually have to do anything, I messaged Ed asking about the possibility of using the N as a template as the main differences are the larger driving wheels, raised boiler and splashers.

He looked at it and agreed it could be done so I bought a U class drawing and sent it across and he kindly produced the K class rebuild. 31806 has already put in some decent mileage on the Swanage branch!

Ed did mention that an update is on its way to the DLS as the U doesn't currently have headcodes - these were missed off the mesh so should be available soon.

Once again Ed, you have my thanks for these engines!

Swanage steam medley:
qyBTra3.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Great shots Tanker.

I didn't actually have to do anything, I messaged Ed asking about the possibility of using the N as a template as the main differences are the larger driving wheels, raised boiler and splashers.

He looked at it and agreed it could be done so I bought a U class drawing and sent it across and he kindly produced the K class rebuild. 31806 has already put in some decent mileage on the Swanage branch!

Ed did mention that an update is on its way to the DLS as the U doesn't currently have headcodes - these were missed off the mesh so should be available soon.

Once again Ed, you have my thanks for these engines!

Swanage steam medley:
qyBTra3.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

I see! Makes sense to me then!

Ed's really cool about requests and comissions as long as you are polite about it. Back when he first made the N Class I spoke with him about doing the N1 and U1s at some point and he seemed pretty receptive to it. We also touched base on doing comissions for rakes of Maunsell and Bulleid Coaching stock. I hope that we can get back to discussing those at a later date. ;)

Camscott and I were going to work out a rebuilt K Comission but this works better since Ed could find proper diagrams for this particular U Class. Now we can take a look at other Maunsell Standard Classes like the Ws or Lord Nelsons!

Updated coaching stock is sorely needed for the UK - Ed's LSWR coaches are beautiful but we need some more "modern" stock, especially mk1s as the S&C ones (although decent models) are a little long in the tooth. I mentioned N3Vs recently but I honestly can't see them being released in a range of liveries. Bulleid's and Maunsell would fill a huge gap and be much appreciated, but again you have so many different diagrams and liveries that it's not an easy task.

Hey ho, we can live in hope! Someone, someday, might decide to give them a bash. I've seen the below on Twitter but no clue as to when or if they may actually be released:
E4BV4SPUYAUMoNS

Cheers,

PLP

I see! Makes sense to me then!

Ed's really cool about requests and comissions as long as you are polite about it. Back when he first made the N Class I spoke with him about doing the N1 and U1s at some point and he seemed pretty receptive to it. We also touched base on doing comissions for rakes of Maunsell and Bulleid Coaching stock. I hope that we can get back to discussing those at a later date. ;)

Camscott and I were going to work out a rebuilt K Comission but this works better since Ed could find proper diagrams for this particular U Class. Now we can take a look at other Maunsell Standard Classes like the Ws or Lord Nelsons!

Lord Nelsons, Schools and the Maunsell version of the S15 are all on my long term list of locos to model. Trouble is so are a lot of other locos!

1911 - NER A Fletcher 124 Class and Diagram P5 Coal Hoppers

Here, during 1911 a N.E.R. Fletcher 124 Class 0-6-0T hauls a short rake of empty 11 Ton coal hoppers to diagram P5 to the west of Tow Law.

The wagons are an addition I have had Paul Mace build for me. They are in the pre-1911 freight livery where the wagons were lettered N.E.R. in the upper left corner of the wagon, with the lettering under one plank in height.
While the company would switch to large N E letters during 1911 it would have probably taken over a decade to change over all existing stock. It certainly took the LNER around a decade to change over pre-grouping wagons to the LNER company livery.

The N.E.R. built 14,262 wagons to Diagram P5 between 1889 and 1907, with around 7,920 in company stock at the grouping. They were built with end brake levers in order to fit within the limited clearances found under the screens in collieries located within the former Stockton & Darlington Railway's area, which later became the Central Division of the N.E.R. The type would be largely extinct by the start of WWII with 189 in LNER NE Area stock, 185 of which were restricted to "local use". Only 23 were in stock at nationalisation, of which 22 were in "local use". Many were sold out to colliery owners for use on colliery systems.

The line from Tow Law as far as the Hownes Gill Viaduct to the west of Consett was in the Central Division, since it was built to be operated by a subsidiary of the S&D. This persisted beyond the abolition of the Central Division in the early 20th century in the form of the boundary between the Darlington and Newcastle District Engineers falling at the eastern end of the Hownes Gill viaduct.

Last edited:
Lord Nelsons, Schools and the Maunsell version of the S15 are all on my long term list of locos to model. Trouble is so are a lot of other locos!

Ah! I see! I'll keep those off the list for the time being then Ed!

Regardless of what locos you choose to model I am certain we all will love them! I would most definitely love to see some School Class or possible H15s but I am really happy with anything you decide to do! Your models you do from inspiration are truely the best! :D

Thanks so much for the Rebuilt K U Class locos! I promise they will get loads of running in from me! :)

Here, during 1911 a N.E.R. Fletcher 124 Class 0-6-0T hauls a short rake of empty 11 Ton coal hoppers to diagram P5 to the west of Tow Law.

The wagons are an addition I have had Paul Mace build for me. They are in the pre-1911 freight livery where the wagons were lettered N.E.R. in the upper left corner of the wagon, with the lettering under one plank in height.
While the company would switch to large N E letters during 1911 it would have probably taken over a decade to change over all existing stock. It certainly took the LNER around a decade to change over pre-grouping wagons to the LNER company livery.

The N.E.R. built 14,262 wagons to Diagram P5 between 1889 and 1907, with around 7,920 in company stock at the grouping. They were built with end brake levers in order to fit within the limited clearances found under the screens in collieries located within the former Stockton & Darlington Railway's area, which later became the Central Division of the N.E.R. The type would be largely extinct by the start of WWII with 189 in LNER NE Area stock, 185 of which were restricted to "local use". Only 23 were in stock at nationalisation, of which 22 were in "local use". Many were sold out to colliery owners for use on colliery systems.

The line from Tow Law as far as the Hownes Gill Viaduct to the west of Consett was in the Central Division, since it was built to be operated by a subsidiary of the S&D. This persisted beyond the abolition of the Central Division in the early 20th century in the form of the boundary between the Darlington and Newcastle District Engineers falling at the eastern end of the Hownes Gill viaduct.

Glad to see you back in the Northeast Frank! Your NER Tanks are a sight for sore eyes! :D

I'm glad to see new rolling stock you got Paul to make for you! He's a real talent in both trucks and buildings! That reminds me, I need to pick up those Bricklayers Arms sheds he's got for me! :)

Hello from france,

nice coaches PLP, I will wait for these newliveries...

Very friendly, Marc

Hi Marc,

They're not my coaches I'm afraid, someone called the Welsh Engineer I think. They're on Twitter but no idea as to when they may be released - all that was mentioned was possibly in time for Christmas. Which Christmas that is I don't know!

But they do look good don't they? Rumour3 is also working on some new mk1's which would be his usual excellent quality but I don't know if anyone else is - we shall have to wait and see what becomes available in the future!

By the way, thanks Ed for the updated U class. Headcodes are now displaying on the loco!

Cheers,

PLP

Hi Marc,

They're not my coaches I'm afraid, someone called the Welsh Engineer I think. They're on Twitter but no idea as to when they may be released - all that was mentioned was possibly in time for Christmas. Which Christmas that is I don't know!

But they do look good don't they? Rumour3 is also working on some new mk1's which would be his usual excellent quality but I don't know if anyone else is - we shall have to wait and see what becomes available in the future!

By the way, thanks Ed for the updated U class. Headcodes are now displaying on the loco!

Cheers,

PLP

Those Mk1's are available via the creator's patreon page, but don't get too excited as sadly the body profile is wrong (flat sides) and a few other less noticeable issues.

Anthony

PS Swanage is looking good!!

Hi Anthony,

Ah yes, £15 for the luxury and sadly only the TSO and BSO available. Think I'll pass for now...

Thanks! I must send you the updated version as a fair bit of work has gone into it since we last talked. How's the WSR going?

Cheers,

PLP

<picture snipped>

Nice to see you posting again Frank and with a good looking screenshot too.

Last edited:
Nice screenshots, everyone. I do agree with whoever originally talked about upgraded Mark 1 stock (I believe it was PortLineParker). However, I still think that Mike10's Mark 1 stock does still hold up, and they also look quite nice in TANE. Such as here:
37743Su.png

Paul Hobbs' absolutely incredible Fowler 4F, taking a short train of Suburban Mk1s out of Hawes, on a rainy evening. Also... anyone notice something about Paul Hobbs'​ Fowler 4F? Hint: the number.

I hope this isn't considered double-posting, but I've got another screenshot - GWR King No. 6023 "King Edward II" making its way down the Cornish Main Line with a rake of Stanier III coaches, in its beautiful Express Blue livery. This is just me, but there's been a bit of a lack of GWR shots recently, and I wanted to break away from the Settle & Carlisle line, which I've been doing a lot. (Hopefully nobody's sick of the SnC - it is an absolutely beautiful route.)

Again, sorry if this is considered double-posting.
sraCdq9.png

Back