UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re post #4111 and #4118 borderreiver.
Look forward to more on this route. Top notch info and in depth detail in the future from you Frank I am sure.

re post 4116 clekev.
A goodly brace of shots.

re post #4114 KotangaGirl
Annie have you tried setting the enviromental settings to gray on the Ambient and Sun color dials?

re post #4121 Heinrich505
Nice rich colour and perhaps there was even more colourful language from MacGregor ?

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Another dramatically stunning screenshot Ken.

re post #4114 KotangaGirl
Annie have you tried setting the environmental settings to gray on the Ambient and Sun color dials?

I do tend towards having a faint tinge of green on the Ambient and Sun color dials which looks fine 'in game', but looks a lot more green in a screenshot. When setting the environmental controls I tend to use a soft day here in the rural Waikato as a guide. I shall continue to experiment.

Thanks for the compliment, Ken. Yes, I suspect the station master used more colorful invective, but carefully. There were passengers nearby. :hehe:

I love the shot of the "race" between the passenger and freight. The threatening grey sky really imparts a sense of urgency to the trains, and highlights them nicely.

If my trainspotting is a bit off, please forgive me. A Britannia Class 4-6-2 racing a Class 9F?

Isn't the 9F the one they are using to film the new Indiana Jones 5 movie, but dolled up to be a German 2-10-0?

Regards,
Gary

Good shot Ken. Heinrich, bad language? A lucky escape to have a restrained fellow!
In a mid-1980s TV programme about the old Border Counties Line in NE England they were interviewing retired seniors who, over thirty years before had been footplate crew on the line. They told of how, during WWI, a stationmaster at Wark (if I have that right), who had a fearsome temper, appeared suddenly from the booking office and let fly with his shotgun from the platform with the train alongside it! It appears he was trying to bring down some bird with which he was obsessed. The footplate crew flung themsleves down to the footplate decking. As for apologies afterwards, not a sniff of one from the fellow.

Thanks, Ken. It's always fun checking your site recommendations. It would be great to take that train tour, but a bit pricy, I would imagine.

Love the story, Borderreiver. Apologies? Why, whatever for?

Lots of great shots again!

@ Ken, specially like that rake of all blood 'n' custard, I'm always tempted to drop in a couple of maroon or green ones (never brown lol!), but all matched makes the whole thing look that much more impressive.

My own freelance wip route is moving around again, as soon as I decide it's definitely the Dales, it takes itself off to Scotland or even occasionally the Mendips. Just what the world needs, another freelance branch off the S&D lol....

* I know exactly nothing about the prototypical HR and do not vouch for the make-up of the train. It's pretty content though!!

Andy ;)

Outstanding screenshots Andy. Don't worry too much about trying to pin down an exact location for your layout, - let it be whatever you want. I freely admit that my GER Norfolk layout is an alternative Norfolk, but most of all it's my happy place where I go to get away from everything for a while.

Great to see all the great screenshots in here. Keep it all up!

532BA1CCDA9F4CFD32E5C8A131BC145519F05669

Some multiplayer running on the Midsomer Vallery Railway (lovely TRS19 update by another chap)

C89344C02603BA300D5ED458440AEBAEE92EA12A

Working out some trains for the upcoming "Glen Brae Railway". An early 1900s route that sees the Caledonian, Highland and North British Railways working together to bring the line to the Glen.

DE516F794B93D639D30F57A916D8A82C449438D2

If not historically accurate it does make for some fun running different classes of engine that may have only met in Edinburgh or passed each other.

Slow going currently but adding in the coal mine, logging station and the reservoir construction at the top of the line. Sections of double and single line are there.

re post #4131 clekev
All good phot-spots on your WIP.
re post #4133 euromodeller
Always good to see your Europa items.
re post #4134 HotshotJimmy
Looking forward to more of your Glen Brae Railway.

Cheers, evilcrow

Excellent screenshots all.

#4137. Tailight have you noticed the malevolent appearance of the two trees in the foreground of your screenshot.

#4134. HotshotJimmy I'll interested to see how your Glen Brae project progresses.

#4135. Another classic screenshot from you Ken.

#4133. Always a welcome here for you Graham even if we can only offer you a virtual pint of Guinness.

No.5 in its natural environment at work on the Windweather loop line.

FZDtosu.jpg

Here's No.12 looking all bright and shiny after a visit to the works to have its paintwork updated to TRS19 specs. The other Affiliated (Imaginary) Railway Companies engines will be getting their turn in the paint shop as and when I find the time to do it.

aucAG56.jpg

Last edited:
#4134. HotshotJimmy I'll interested to see how your Glen Brae project progresses.

Might have missed the comment Tane or TS19? have a lot of those railways items in TANE after downloading routes

thanks Kotanga Girl was easy to copy your comment as I agreed with it.

Tom

Last edited:
Post # 4138 - Spot on again as usual Annie! Good to see your single wheeler out and about again, the Sharpie is a welcome sight too in it's new blue livery!!

Post # 4135 - Really enjoying your sojourn into LNER Territory Ken! Fancying the 9Fs eh? :hehe:

Post # 4121 - Another excellent chapter to add to your storybook Heinrich! I do enjoy your tales as you make your way along the railways of England! :D

More work on the Brighton Route. One of the C2x locos is being sent out on the first run through the reconstructed Patcham Tunnel. (Which is still very much a work in progress!) with a milk train bound for Wivelsfield. As it makes it's way up the line it passes through the first stop on the route - Preston Park Station.

VEaePzt.jpg
[/IMG]

GnTt1U3.jpg
[/IMG]

QjSstqE.jpg
[/IMG]

CpKwFA1.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm pretty proud of Preston Park. Thanks to our wonderful predecessor Jayholland, many of the London to Brighton assets already exist and make modeling the route so much easier!

It's not quite there yet but I think it's starting to match up..

QRebkeG.jpg
[/IMG]

M2YUB0O.jpg
[/IMG]

Back