UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Much Murkle Redux is coming....

paulsw2_20150419_0003.jpg

paulsw2_20150419_0021.jpg

paulsw2_20150704_0005_1.jpg

Paul

Sadly, I was unable to resolve the script issues that prevented it being uploaded to the DLS. Disheartened, I lost interest for a while. I've been meaning to upload them to John Whelan's JATWS.org website - I'll get on to it!

Paul

UK ECML - Steam Era - 1920s - A1 and E5 at Durham Station

Here is a shot from my transdem based NW DURHAM route, which is a long-term work in progress. Durham station during 1926. Number 2562 "ISINGLASS", a brand-new Gresley A1 4-6-2 Pacific of Gateshead shed stands in Durham's UP platform with an express passenger train for London Kings Cross whilst number 1479, a veteran Tennant E5 2-4-0 waits in the bay with the midday Lanchester Valley branch train for Blackhill. Forty years before, the "Tennant" was the NER's top link locomotive, hauling express passenger trains of East Coast Joint Stock on the ECML section between York and Edinburgh. It is on much humbler service by this date. "ISINGLASS" is in her original build with short travel valves, built to clear the LNER composite loading gauge and paired with a GNR type coal rail tender. I believe that at the time depicted she was classed as an A1 Part 2 (A1/2).

July 2017 - Photobucket link switched to imgur.

Last edited:
NW Durham - Steam Days - J27 at Knitsley

Here is a shot from my transdem based route "NW DURHAM" which is a work in progress. Scenery is only partly done. Set in 1925 during the early LNER period, number 2340, a J27 class 0-6-0 of Gateshead Borough Gardens shed is seen passing Knitsley station to the south of Consett hauling a loose-coupled train of steel plate bound for York via the Lanchester Valley branch. This section of the branch is single track, with the double track beginning at Lanchester. The J27 will join the Up East Coast Main Line at Bridge House Junction near Langley Moor, taking the goods lines at Tursdale Junction in order to clear the tracks through Ferryhill for any following express passenger trains.

The J27 entered service in 1921 as an NER "P3" Class, built under NER CME Sir Vincent Raven. In 1925 it has forty years of service life remaining.

July 2017 - photobucket link switched to imgur.

Last edited:
Back