Page 223 of 232 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3466

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Re posts by KotangaGirl, Tanker46, tailight98, euromodeller and borderreiver, thanks for the shots and the interesting info. The IOW railway and the island is a must to visit, once this dreadful virus is gone.

LBSCR WIP

Cheers, evilcrow

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    What a fascinating website, - thank you for pointing it out Graham.

I thought you would like it, I was amazed at how much effort they have put into that section.
    I think that Tanker will like it too.
    Graham,
    Enthusiast but not expert.

I really do! Thank you Graham! My favorite part of the website is the Locomotive profiles for the IOW's engines. Once the virus lifts I plan on taking a family trip there!

I hope they can restore Yarmouth to steam soon. That little E1 is looking more and more like an interesting Trainz project by the day.
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

LBSCR WIP

Cheers, evilcrow

If you go to the Isle of Wight then you should cross from the mainland on one of these, they stop next to the railway station...

Graham,
    Enthusiast but not expert.

Those look a bit too Star Wars for an old Luddite like me Graham.

#3334. Beautiful atmospheric screenshots evilcrow.

More IOW. The new Terriers for TANE are lovely to drive.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

Thanks for all the IOW shots really love the islands railways, never finished my NG version, at NG speeds of 25 MPH on mainline and 15MPH through stations the time matched the original timetable using the DEM I downloaded.

Tom
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 110491

Quote Originally Posted by euromodeller View Post
    If you go to the Isle of Wight then you should cross from the mainland on one of these, they stop next to the railway station...
    I'm surprised to see the IOW hovercraft is still in service. I made a return trip from IOW to Southsea on the hovercraft way back in 1977 during the Queen's Silver Jubilee weekend celebrations. I was in the RN at the time and off duty so spent a few days on the IOW with a few mates - what a great weekend that was, the IOW was seething with tourists from all over the world, lots of nice young ladies!

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    I'm surprised to see the IOW hovercraft is still in service. I made a return trip from IOW to Southsea on the hovercraft way back in 1977 during the Queen's Silver Jubilee weekend celebrations. I was in the RN at the time and off duty so spent a few days on the IOW with a few mates - what a great weekend that was, the IOW was seething with tourists from all over the world, lots of nice young ladies!

Rob.
    I believe its one of only two commercial passenger hovercraft routes left in the world the other is in South East Asia somewhere. It's something I'd really like to do, I've been to the Isle of Wight many times, but always by boat...

Those de Glehn screenshots inspired me to go and find out more about them. I discovered a French train forum which had a whole thread on Atlantic type locos from all over the world, including loads of drawings. I was able to gather enough information for models of several of my favourite Atlantic types plus a few new ones I hadn't known of before.

Those de Glehn screenshots inspired me to go and find out more about them. I discovered a French train forum which had a whole thread on Atlantic type locos from all over the world, including loads of drawings. I was able to gather enough information for models of several of my favourite Atlantic types plus a few new ones I hadn't known of before.
    Oh be still my racing heart. As a long time enthusiast for Atlantics I can hardly wait to see what you might build Ed.

Likewise. I know the GWR isn't your favorite road but if you choose to model the GWR Atlantics I am sure EVERYONE will be amazed by them.
    Tanker46

Thanks for the compliment Annie.

LBSCR WIP

Cheers, evilcrow

BR Shed 71J Dearnby (Fictional) 1953

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Tanker46; December 1st, 2020 at 02:23 PM.
    Tanker46

#3343 Nice looking shed screenshots Tanker. In fact all of them are good. I use the Riddles RODs for hauling coal and minerals on Middle Vales, - they are darn good engines.

Not well at the moment so I'm not doing much, but I did play trains for a while on Lickey to cheer myself up.

Thanks Annie! I am sorry to hear you aren't feeling well and I hope you are feeling better soon!

I also quite like the Riddles WD Austerities. The 2-8-0s are excellent locomotives and they fit in well on Dearnby since there are two air bases on the route that they can service. Since one is a military base its pretty easy to have the Austerities running around anytime after 1940!

I am really a huge fan of Knucklesnvector's WD 2-10-0 - such a beautiful engine! Although these giants worked exclusively in Scotland, I was able to dust off an old T12-TANE Era layout of Haymarket in the 1960s near the end of steam. Those locomotives sure don't look it though!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I still need to adjust the light settings on this one, but by god that bridge is amazing!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46