UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Dintdale Rd Irish style
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

At Great Musgrave in Cumbria a bridge over the former NER line from Barnard Castle to Tebay was infilled with concrete by Highways England who are responsible for former railway structures such as bridges, tunnels & viaducts. HE claim the bridge was not safe to carry 40Ton lorries despite being a quiet country road. There were many objections to the infill but HE went ahead in July 2021. This severed the trackbed between the Eden Valley Railway at Warcrop & the preserved Kirkby Stephen East making a future link impossible. This year it came about that the infill was illegal & required Planning permission from Eden District Council. This has been applied for & refused & the infill has to be removed & the bridge maintained. The infill looked simply dreadful & described in Parliament as cultural vandalism. To see just search Great Musgrave Bridge & you will see. HE have had plans stopped for other infills planned.

I walked that line Warcop - Musgrave - Kirkby Stephen in July 1976 when the track was still intact and I volunteered on the Eden Valley Railway for a couple of years 2001 - 2003 , working mainly on Warcop signalbox. Even apart from the road bridge the major problem at Musgrave is the missing 3 span metal viaduct. Even if either of the two societies make it that far it would cost a colossal amount of money to rebuild it.

34007 Wadebridge on a railtour to Swanage:
DJbIsT8.jpg

HcvHIav.jpg

EBMkV2m.jpg

ZPcbOfU.jpg

BO5ozuG.jpg

AdRSb4n.jpg

7DHClnr.jpg

hXD6bXh.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Holy Smokes Parker! These look excellent!! You have to show me how you did that! I would love nothing more than to fit lielestosbrat's Merchant Navy with a set of Golden Arrow headboards for use out of Victoria!!

Little more South London. Redoing South Croydon and I'm having locos run the line to make sure all the track is level. 4MT No. 80081 on a colorful parcels train while a 4COR sits at the opposite platform waiting to depart to Victoria with a Buffet working from Brighton. At the adjacent platform in the background, a Maunsell Q starts off with a transfer goods to Redhill.

C549ylY.jpg
[/IMG]

w10MYAj.jpg
[/IMG]

Good shots Tanker!

The Merchant Navy is the same; in Driver ctrl + right click on the loco and as well as setting the headcodes you can also select 5 different headboards.

The 4MT looks to be coming along nicely too.

Cheers,

PLP

BR 9f 92001 hauling seaside excursion at week end. 92001 was one of early ones to later receive a double chimney.

Last edited:
Visiting Ivatt 2MT 41312 on the 'C' set from Swanage to Corfe Castle, using Edh6's excellent new PMV:
UwTZYms.jpg

mpbXjys.jpg

lmMGRcn.jpg

CgD30Ri.jpg

AsENtpp.jpg

It makes for a rather colourful consist and is typical of the trains seen on the Swanage branch in the late 1950s, with a mixture of Mk1 and Bulleid stock.

Cheers,

PLP

Agreed Parker. I do like the "mixed formation" trains that appeared in BR in the mid 50s. I always found it really interesting to see a couple wagons trailing behind a nice set of local rolling stock. Lines like Swanage, Padstow and Avocet had it as quite the common occurrence!

These PLVs are definitely an amazing work! I just downloaded them and decided to take the SR and SECR Variant's out for a spin!

bsjfj9w.jpg
[/IMG]

J1YfZ5D.jpg
[/IMG]

Vqy8K84.jpg
[/IMG]

O5EjmVc.jpg
[/IMG]

6VB53va.jpg
[/IMG]

kBSHknC.jpg
[/IMG]

bzoLUbl.jpg
[/IMG]

Also one obligatory BR Shot since I'm a 1950's nut. Paired two PLVs up on the Golden Arrow as it crosses the Ouse Viadauct on it's way to London.

w3NhoUC.jpg
[/IMG]

3O6RzSN.jpg
[/IMG]

tJZ4cnR.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for these amazing new vans Ed. And Thanks for helping me figure out the Merchant Navy Parker. I really appreciate it.

New Swanage video.

I am not very active in Trainz recently due to problems with my hands, (mouse control is very difficult and typing is with a single finger), so I watch lots of videos instead.

Here is one that popped up this morning, it's a very recent one of Swanage...

I recommend full screen setting.

I recognised some of the locations from PLP's screenshots!

cheers,

Graham

Ah I'm glad to hear that Euromodeller! Means I must be doing something right.

Now for some areas that you won't recognise, 850 Lord Nelson on a Waterloo-Swanage run in the early evening:
BSJlpvF.jpg

Cj1KgTj.jpg

r43GcGm.jpg

3ybfRKe.jpg

lCNV54S.jpg

hrzOvbk.jpg

mz4HZxa.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

I'm a bit late to the party with these....

Truly awesome content!

The strange sky is due to shooting on a 'model railway' style route....

Andy ;)

Everytime I see your screenshots PLP I wish I could enter the world you've created and have a darn good hike around and explore all over it.

I'm a bit late to the party with these....

Truly awesome content!

The strange sky is due to shooting on a 'model railway' style route....

Andy ;)

Never to late to the party Dermmy! Especially when the Southern Railway is involved!! :hehe:

Excellent model railway shots too! I have a TMR Route of North Blythe in the works,but it'll be quite a while before it's ready for display here.

I've gone back and done some touch-ups on my reskin of City of Truro in its later livery - I've changed the bufferbeams, adjusted the cab lining, and fixed the colors of the wheel spokes... kinda. The front bogey is really troublesome, as it becomes faulty whenever I edit the source image, and so the front wheel spokes will have to remain brown for the time being. Hopefully, this can get released on the DLS, but right now it's only saved locally.

nOgujXU.png

UMDXm8C.jpg

Go4tSpW.jpg

I think it looks really nice in TRS22, especially with the sky and overall environment settings. Honestly a bit better than how it looked in TANE! Enjoy.

Apologies for the same mundane shots that have been seen a thousand times on here already, but I was undertaking some testing and realised I hadn't used the T9 for a while so here she is.

Apologies also for the lack of headcode; the model for whatever reason will no longer let me select one and when I click on the 1962 rules in Driver nothing happens. I hear Camscott has moved onto 'the other sim' too so perhaps a new T9 is in order...

pwVMNs6.jpg

PJIDsYV.jpg

wBR0Aij.jpg

gc5XsoX.jpg

The signal box has received a texture upgrade from 2995valliant, as has Swanage goods shed and they look marvellous, much closer to Purbeck stone so thank you Valliant!

Cheers,

PLP

The other sim? Do you mean... he's jumped the tracks to Steamworks? Oh no...

That aside, great screenshots, Parker! Don't be so hatd on yourself, I always enjoy seeing what the latest screenshots from Swanage are. It honestly is one of the most detailed routes I've ever seen in Trainz, and it makes me want to fly out and visit the real thing sometime soon. I really love seeing how it's coming along! Keep up the good work!

Back