Page 188 of 193 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 2,806 to 2,820 of 2892

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Well, Camscott finally completed the last locomotive in my commission list - The LBSCR N15X Class!!

And wow...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I am really speechless about how impressive this model is. The textures shine excellently and the detail is exquisite. Although the engines were allocated at Basingstoke for most of their working lives, No. 32329 Stephenson made regular trips to Brighton taking charge of the expresses to and from Basingstoke. It was there often enough that it basically had a second home at Brighton and that makes it a perfect addition to the sheds!

One of the best parts of the model is the interchangeable nameplates. All 8 named locomotives are included in the model and are completely fantastic in terms of detail and display. Camscott worked really hard on these nameplates so I really wanted to thank him for all his hard work.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Camscott also made the N15X in SR Bulleid Livery. It's a really nice detailed livery, perfect for Grouping-Era layouts!

With the N15X Class completed that wraps up my LBSCR locomotive commission! They sure look a fine sight indeed!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

All this talk of York and the lines around it sounds fantastic

Thanks bolivar, Tanker46.
    Tanker; in answer to your question the station pilot in the screenshot is a weathered Paulz Trainz J71, further messed about by me. I particularly like some of his small tanks - the weathered N10 is also nice.
    Congratulations to you and camscott on completing your SR project. That's quite a collection. There's some more of his handiwork included below:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Member of trainz-carriage-wagon-works

Borderreiver, Lewisner, great screenies there, my ECML version is dated cica 1960 following the quadrupling of York - Northallerton in its entirety, intermediate stations were by then closed to passengers but some goods facilities were retained.

Our layout versions all differ which will give the trainzers a good overall picture of ECML history plus the connecting lines & industry. In my case I am extending as far as the unused baseboards will carry me, Northwards to Benton jnc & Tyne Commision Quay. Tyne Yard is back to construction stage only but I will be adding the Team Valley Industrial Estate. Aycliffe industrial Estate is also on the cards along with S & D Xing, Darlo, to Paton & Baldwins Factory to the East. Also featured will be the many pit heaps Co Durham once boasted, Durham County Council coudn`t eliminate them fast enough, (`oh no our image` the councillors will say), but I`ll be wicked here & bring them back right onto peoples destops LOL!

If I ever get South of Doncaster then it will be the Hertford loop & possibly the Grantham - Lincoln via Honnigton route - both being good diversion opportunities. Hope time permits.

Regards

BOGIEMAN

Thanks Bogieman.

I have been busy working at Leamside station. A "T" Class 0-8-0 with a load of coal is the first train through the station following the engineering posession.

Last edited by borderreiver; July 7th, 2020 at 03:39 AM.

Looking fantastic guys. With reference to your ECML routes, will there be work on branching it outwards pun intended? Say from York? A Harrogate line to Leeds could be interesting to model.

I have already branched out. I have begun to merge my personal route of the lines to Consett in to the section of the built-in ECML route which runs through County Durham. There are several reasons why this will remain a personal route, not least the amount of personally commissioned payware which is in it. I have also branched out on my DEM route between Morpeth and Alnmouth, by building the Amble branch. There possibly will come a time when I may release that on to the DLS, if two more iterations of Trainz haven't overtaken it in the meantime! Taking a year and more each time Trainz updates to sort out asset issues is a real drag on progressing routes. An acquaintance of mine is building York to Harrogate, set in 1912, but to the best of my knowledge that will remain a personal route too. The only thing I have simmering away for Yorkshire is a 1980s route between Selby and Drax Power Station via Gascoigne Wood, Castleford, Pontefract and Knottingley. This was inspired by someone wanting to run MGR trains with HAA 32 Ton hoppers behind Class 56 diesels. I have laid the track but so far have found it impossible to load and unload an MGR train at a crawl with what I have found on the DLS. In any event, about 80% of the trackwork is laid but there is an absolutely colossal amount of scenery and landscape textures remaining to put in place and I have currently lost all momentum on it.
    Last edited by borderreiver; July 6th, 2020 at 05:35 PM.

Brilliant screenshots Neville Hill, - always a joy to see.

And congratulations from me too Tanker on having the last member of your commision series arrive to take up its duties. I was going to ask Cameron to make another Broad Gauge engine for me, but I had to get the roof on my house fixed instead. Real life can be so boring.

Borderreiver and lewisner, - it's interesting to read that so much work is being done on recreating the ECML and surrounding lines, but a little sad too that this work can't be shared.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; July 6th, 2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

Thanks Annie.
    As a footnote to the discussion on ECML branches, if anyone does get around to the York to Leeds line then 'Cross Gates' which is on the Dearnby and District v2 layout is actually a model of Cross Gates station on that line. You're welcome to lift it!
    Member of trainz-carriage-wagon-works

Quote Originally Posted by BOGIEMAN View Post
    Borderreiver, Lewisner, great screenies there, my ECML version is dated cica 1960 following the quadrupling of York - Northallerton in its entirety, intermediate stations were by then closed to passengers but some goods facilities were retained.

Our layout versions all differ which will give the trainzers a good overall picture of ECML history plus the connecting lines & industry. In my case I am extending as far as the unused baseboards will carry me, Northwards to Benton jnc & Tyne Commision Quay. Tyne Yard is back to construction stage only but I will be adding the Team Valley Industrial Estate. Aycliffe industrial Estate is also on the cards along with S & D Xing, Darlo, to Paton & Baldwins Factory to the East. Also featured will be the many pit heaps Co Durham once boasted, Durham County Council coudn`t eliminate them fast enough, (`oh no our image` the councillors will say), but I`ll be wicked here & bring them back right onto peoples destops LOL!

If I ever get South of Doncaster then it will be the Hertford loop & possibly the Grantham - Lincoln via Honnigton route - both being good diversion opportunities. Hope time permits.

Regards

BOGIEMAN
    The reason I chose 1958 as my time period was that was when most of the York - Darlo intermediate stations were closed. I've got all of them done to a basic standard allowing for the fact that there are no buildings on the DLS like them. It also meant reducing the ECML to 3 tracks at some places and reinstalling loops such as Cowton and Castle Hills. The Easingwold branch will be pretty easy to do and I already have Alne station done. It's temporarily on hold while I finish my Malton & Driffield route. The M&DR passed next to the WW2 Driffield Airfield and I don't want to build it but I just have to ! The problem I had was that after a 7 year gap I had to relearn a lot of stuff but it's an interesting way to spend the lockdown.
    Here are a couple of views of Thirsk marshalling yard.

Thirsk Yard looking south 2020.07.07 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Thirsk Yard looking north 2020.07.07 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
    Last edited by lewisner; July 7th, 2020 at 05:38 AM.
    MSI Gaming 9 ACK mobo-Intel i7 5960X-Samsung 970 Evo Pro 240GB M2 SSD-Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU-32GB G.Skill Ripjaws 2133Mhz DDR4 RAM

There is a coal building that allows unloading under 10mph. When I get home i'll message you with the kuid if you like Border?

Thanks Hotshot. I'll then take a look to se if it can be incorporated at Gascoigne Wood, Ferrybridge Power Station and Drax Power Station.

Very atmospheric shot there Borderreiver.

Quote Originally Posted by lewisner View Post
    The reason I chose 1958 as my time period was that was when most of the York - Darlo intermediate stations were closed. I've got all of them done to a basic standard allowing for the fact that there are no buildings on the DLS like them. It also meant reducing the ECML to 3 tracks at some places and reinstalling loops such as Cowton and Castle Hills. The Easingwold branch will be pretty easy to do and I already have Alne station done. It's temporarily on hold while I finish my Malton & Driffield route. The M&DR passed next to the WW2 Driffield Airfield and I don't want to build it but I just have to ! The problem I had was that after a 7 year gap I had to relearn a lot of stuff but it's an interesting way to spend the lockdown.
    Here are a couple of views of Thirsk marshalling yard.

Thirsk Yard looking south 2020.07.07 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Thirsk Yard looking north 2020.07.07 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

The station buildings on that stretch are a challenge Lewisner - its the type of roof - the nearest resmblances being:- JBS Pittston Sta, R3 Norfolk council house, tour belvedere du kastel, (for the roofs of Beningborough, Pilmoor & Otterington SBs`), & Nastawnia Kostrzycu for Northallerton. By the way thats nice Pway work.

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Thanks Hotshot. I'll then take a look to se if it can be incorporated at Gascoigne Wood, Ferrybridge Power Station and Drax Power Station.
    Its a built-in asset bud, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. "Commercial Coal Company" <kuid":210518:1018:8>. You could probably mask it all up with a nice British building. I run my 7F and coal train over the grate at 10mph so I bet it'll work with more modern stock just fine.