UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

UK......BR/ER

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers. evilcrow

You all may like the BTF film starring 60017 Silver Fox @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghkqGfUy4xs

"When the train's a non-stopper a topper is proper."

There's some cracking footage in that. In fact most times you see archive footage of British steam trains on UK TV they've taken in from The Elizabethan Express. You should also check out Night Mail (another common source of vintage shots) and Snowdrift at Bleath Gill (one of my personal favourites). There are loads of other films around too. Lots can be found on the British Film Institute site in good quality (I don't know if it works outside the UK though): https://player.bfi.org.uk/. Unfortunately the search/browse functions on the BFI site don't make it easy to find things. Plenty on YouTube too though.

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) would award a Hygiene Rating of 0 to BR if the FSA was around at that time: at 2:21 in the movie the chef(?) is stowing raw fish and chickens on shelving that's above another shelf that appears to have cakes and pies on it!

It's a wonder there wasn't mass food poisoning on that journey!

Otherwise, a good movie clip.

Rob.

I always love your screenshots Evilcrow, you're always making Trainz look great, along with others who post here and elsewhere, but your shots really are special, the way you show off the mainlines and such, I just love it. :) :D

Your latest screenshot makes me think of a photograph(That I've so far only seen in the book The Illustrated History of British Steam Railways, Google search, the book I have is under the first result) where an A4 is taking an Express off The Royal Boarder Bridge in the 1950s. :)

Hi Evilcrow can you please tell me what is that viaduct & KotangaGirl can you please tell me what is that building on the left post #1287

Hi Evilcrow can you please tell me what is that viaduct & KotangaGirl can you please tell me what is that building on the left post #1287

The grim looking brick building is made up of parts from the Modular Factory Kit (MTK) by masontaylor. I have recoloured the brickwork, but otherwise it's as it was downloaded from the DLS.

Brilliant shots from evilcrow and chris2001trainz2010 !

@chris2001trainz2010: Is that layout your own work? I don't recognize it - it looks good !

Rob.

Nice shots evilcrow,but one question:I am wondering where you got the ten-wheeler that is in some of your recent shots? I do not exactly recall seeing it on the DLS.

Back