UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Thanks Annie! I am not sure myself! I know that GCR V15 has well over 2000 dependencies and my poor laptop has to download them in small amounts! :(

It's hard to believe that your Winter Tramway is in 2009! I haven't touched my own copy of that game for such a long time.. Might need to fire it up and see if there is anything interesting I left on there!

Speaking of your routes, you displayed screenshots of your Valleyfields Route a while ago and it recently inspired me to purchase one of these fine Lancashire boys!

mIlCDog.jpg
[/IMG]

Since there were numerous Ex-LMS engines allocated to sheds along the GCR Mainline during the Mid-BR Era, it's not a far stretch to say that one of these fine 28s found its way to Rugby Shed for a short while!

ovXKSe3.jpg
[/IMG]

bAZwAcS.jpg
[/IMG]

The L&Y class 28's are a nice engine and very much one of my favourites. Paul also does it in original L&Y livery too. As is usual my own BR class '28's' are a bit fettled with LMS rebuild date plates and other odd bits and pieces. Mostly the class 28's stayed on their own patch most of their working lives, but one or two were known to have strayed.

It had been a very long time since I last ran TS2009, but I was curious to see if it would run on my little Dell notebook; - and it does and very nicely too. There will no doubt be cries of protest, but after running TS2009 for a while I found myself wondering why I was bothering with the train wreck that's TS2019 when I could be having fun in TS2009.

I see a shadow from the train, and one from a tree lineside.

I must be easily pleased: I hear all these non-specific, un-quantified complaints about how terrible TRS2019 is (just as with previous versions right back to 2006) and yet I'm really happy with it, but then I see only one sun.

49411629592_34f0a2e7d8_k.jpg

as much as I hate to comment on an old screenshot I’m still wondering about the crane in the shot, like if it's a recently-created model or if I’m missing something,

Post #2385 - I've been wondering the same thing actually. But I'm more interested in that Class 35 to be honest. Is that a new model as well? Looks pretty impressive if that is the model from TS 2006! :)

More from the GCR: Although their main shed allocation was at Hull Dairycoates, the Raven B16s actually saw quite a bit of service on the GCR in the late 40's and 50's! Some even found their way down as far as Woodford Halse on temporary allocations! :)

LuGu7ph.jpg
[/IMG]

Engine No.61413 is one such engine! Allocated to Woodford Halse Shed as a replacement for a failed B1 Mogul, the locomotive has been a regular site on the GCR for quite some time! :)

Ilo3fqk.jpg
[/IMG]

Mostly working parcel and mail workings, 61413 gets to stretch its wheels with a TPO Run to Annesley starting off in the evening. Before exiting the yard it must yield to B17 No. 61650 Grimsby Town - another Woodford loco - who is passing with a nonstop express to Sheffield, Victoria. As it departs, a J50 Class dutifully shunts the midnight fish train in the background.

EKopr3p.jpg
[/IMG]

WYCGZHH.jpg
[/IMG]

Test version of the Vulcan Foundry B&ER 4-4-0ST I commissioned from Camscott. It's in rebuilt GWR condition making it well suited to the 1880s era. It's for TS2019 only and once everything is sorted I'm going to ask Cameron to make it available on his website.

K7QCGlx.jpg

GOR6lZe.jpg

w8V7IsI.jpg

eT0FpNR.jpg

rZMibgu.jpg

They were pretty much general purpose maids of all work on the Bristol & Exeter Railway Frank and could be found doing almost any job from goods work to passenger services. Built 1862-1867 with four lasting until 1892 they were a popular engine with their crews.
'Railway Archive No.46' by Lightmoor Press has a very good and well researched article on these engines which has gathered together just about everything in the way of surviving information on these engines.

Now THAT'S an amazing loco commission - and a great GWR Design at that! Nice to see that you finally got around to commissioning a model from Camscott for yourself KotangaGirl! I look forward to see more of it in action. Judging from those shots I'd say it's going to be another amazing model!! ;)

That's a great looking broad gauge loco!

:hehe: I well remember everyone on here saying how absolutely TERRIBLE TRS2006 was, without fear of contradiction! And how TRS2004 was the best ever! (and no doubt still is for some people.) Anyway, great pic of Minehead - looks like you're still doing some work on the old WSR route then?

Paul

Still building away :)

49470308516_d69aa4c6fc_k.jpg

D1015 on an up train near Nornvis Bridge.

That's a great looking broad gauge loco!

Still building away :)

49470308516_d69aa4c6fc_k.jpg

D1015 on an up train near Nornvis Bridge.

Looks nice yes.

However, you still haven't answered my question about the Colas Crane and Tanker46's question about the Class 35. Is there a reason you're ignoring us? It makes me feel really insulted

Now THAT'S an amazing loco commission - and a great GWR Design at that! Nice to see that you finally got around to commissioning a model from Camscott for yourself KotangaGirl! I look forward to see more of it in action. Judging from those shots I'd say it's going to be another amazing model!! ;)

Thanks Tanker. I'd like to save my pocket money towards commissioning another 1880's era Broad Gauge loco for TS2019, but the problem is as always finding enough information from which a reasonably accurate model can be made.

Very nice and good looking model of a Vulcan Foundry B&ER 4-4-0ST there KotangaGirl. I hope camscott is agreeable about making it available.

Rob.

1958 12:30 Aberdeen to London Kings Cross Fish

Revisiting Scotland and the Up 12:30 p.m. Aberdeen to London Kings Cross Fish train. In the hands of former LNER Gresley V2 2-6-2 60806.

Approaching Broughty Ferry.

To the west of Broughty Ferry, en-route to Dundee and passing a northbound Standard Class 4 with a part-fitted goods.

On the eastern edge of Dundee.

Last edited:
Very nice and good looking model of a Vulcan Foundry B&ER 4-4-0ST there KotangaGirl. I hope camscott is agreeable about making it available.

Rob.
I'm certainly going to do my best to get this model made available on camscott's website Rob. There haven't been any new Broad Gauge engines made since TS2004 days so I was determined to try and change that situation.

#2396 Excellent screenshots as always Frank.

#2397 - Thanks Annie. Well done with taking steps to get some BG locos available. Given the amount of time and money I've spent since 2011 getting N.E.R. locos, rolling stock and items built I can certainly identify with your ambition! Sometimes commissioning items is the only way to realise the dream of seeing an item on the track. I am grateful for those content creators who have done fine work on my behalf, including Paul Mace (barn700), chrisaw and edh6.

I wonder if the GWR centre at Didcot is even aware that Trainz exists? I would think that they'd be stunned to see a representation of Swindon, Bristol, Exeter or even Didcot circa 1880 running in TRS19!

I belong to the Broad Gauge Society Frank, but haven't done much more research into anything since our Summer started to bite down hard and my narcolepsy symptoms went into overdrive as a result. If money was no object there's several classes of GER engines as well as Broad Gauge era engines I'd be commissioning right now, but my pension can only be squeezed so far unfortunately.
The Broad Gauge Society was a little surprised at first by digital modellers wanting to join, but I've always been made to feel welcome and my enquiries are taken seriously. I really don't know about Didcot, but I haven't made any enquires there yet. Network Rail are making high resolution copies of old pre-grouping building plans available from their archives for folk to frame and hang on their wall and while the whole retro decore and trendy poser thing sets my teeth on edge at least it means it's possible to get my hands on good quality early building plans even if they aren't exactly cheap. I have a BG era South Devon Railway goods shed plan that I'd love to see as a model in Trainz.

When I was a member at Didcot I used to visit three or four times a year, and some of the volunteers were well aware of train sims.

Chris.

When I was a member at Didcot I used to visit three or four times a year, and some of the volunteers were well aware of train sims.

Chris.

That's encouraging - a lot of people I've talked in the preservation scene when doing research didn't "get" the concept.

49485070581_39662931d7_k.jpg

88 waits time at Williton with a Minehead bound train.

Last edited:
Nice shot 2995.

still upset you didn’t answer my question about the Colas crane (Not the one just sent to you) but I guess I’ll ignore it for now.

Back