UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

That's definitely a new sight for the Leadhills branch Tanker.

Playing trains on a heavily modified M&GNR and GER layout by Morphus that's had all the nasty modern stuff knocked out of it.
2fiT8fF.jpg

Looks fantastic Anne. I am a real huge fan of the UK's Joint Railways so it's awesome to see your M&GNR route in all its glory.

Not to keen on the locomotive though. It looks like a payware model from PaulzTrainz but I can't be sure. Is it supposed to be a GER F5 Class? Either way, it looks stunning! :)

Tanker46

Thanks Tanker. The engine is one of Paul's very old models, - a Barry Railway Sharp-Stewart 'J' class. I've converted it into a 4-4-2T and gave it a basic reskin into M&GNJR livery. It's much modded with a better engine spec file, different whistle and steam sounds, an interior cab view and it's coal and water enabled as well. Despite it being an early and quite simple Trainz model I like my old 'Sharpie' and it runs very well.
The base layout I used is on the DLS, but be warned it needs a lot of work to make a decent layout of it.

It looks really interesting Annie. I am working on a GER/GCR route with GNR through line from Peterborough. I have to be honest that the line is a direct inspiration from your rolling stock and the inspirations I received from my awesome friends at the TCWW.

Speaking of Paulz Trainz's amazing models, I get a lot of mileage out of my old BR Standard 5 Class. Here's some shots from a 1950's M&SWJR Route:

Maunsell U Class No. 31800 sits at the up signal outside of Grafton Station with a van train from Southampton as Class 5 No. 73082 passes with a southbound express bound for Southampton.

sowxKNb.jpg
[/IMG]
b69ryyu.jpg
[/IMG]
j30Ebwv.jpg
[/IMG]

At Grafton, BR Standard 3 Tank 82019 is getting ready for a suburban to Swansea. Once 31800 passes the station, 82019 will begin its journey to conduct its circular working.

lf9Jfxn.jpg
[/IMG]

I've been messing around with the settings like Ken does and I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the results.

Tanker46

re post #1846 Tanker46
Keep experimenting Alex, you made those locos look pretty impressive (note to self 'have to buy the standard tank').
For a semi telephoto shot use Ctrl + mouse wheel turning forward.

re post #1847 Robert3ao

Nice shots Bob, summer will soon be here.

aKP Somewhere ScR (aWIP)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Yet again, more excellent screenies to whet my appetite.

Allow me to show you some shots of my Carrachmuir Route, lots of detailing to do so constuction is still ongoing.

BR-V2-and-Rake-of-Gresley-Coaches.jpg

The Harbourmaster Residence and Offices, made from masontaylor's Scottish Mansion kit.
(All buildings in the shot are his too!)

Carrachnuir-Harbourmaster%27s-Residence-%26-Offices.jpg

Carrachmuir-Port-2.jpg

Carrachmuir-Port-1.jpg

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this and the UK threads, your screenies have been a great inspiration to me.

Last edited:
Those are great screenshots Graham. Masontaylor, - master builder to the Uk Trainz community.

If people ask me the meaning of the word 'atmospheric' I just show them one of your screenshots evilcrow.

Nice screenshots Tanker. You are indeed mastering the arcane mysteries of the graphics sliders.

And now for something fairly ordinary in the way of a screenshot....... Y14 at work on the GCR-GER joint line on my huge rambling GCR-GER-M&GNJR layout.

q15aKUy.jpg

Signal box at Melton Constable looking towards the goods yard.

CitIhbT.jpg

Now looking towards the gasworks and the line to Great Yarmouth. There will be a train along in a minute unless the portals have broken again.

m1OW9FD.jpg

re post #1848 - Thanks Ken! I highly recommend Paulz Trainz's BR Standard Series. The 3MT works extremely well for what I need it for and has always been a worthwhile purchase. I will eventually commission one from Camscott but I have several SR designs that need my attention first. If you want a BR Standard Design to purchase I highly recommend the 3MT Tank or the 5MT.

Here's some telephoto shots using the ctrl key of the Standard 3 on a return working from Swansea.

lmmhlQS.jpg
[/IMG]
F09Wk4K.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

re post #1848 - Thanks Ken! I highly recommend Paulz Trainz's BR Standard Series. The 3MT works extremely well for what I need it for and has always been a worthwhile purchase. I will eventually commission one from Camscott but I have several SR designs that need my attention first. If you want a BR Standard Design to purchase I highly recommend the 3MT Tank or the 5MT.

Here's some telephoto shots using the ctrl key of the Standard 3 on a return working from Swansea.

lmmhlQS.jpg
[/IMG]
F09Wk4K.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

I gotta ask: is that Swansae route available to the public or is it private only? By the way nice use of models from Paulz Trainz.

Oh! It's not a Swansea route! Sorry about that! It's a MSWJR route that I have modified for use during the BR Era in the 1950s. I plan on extending it to Swansea one day, but for now it's only in my imagination.

Speaking of Paulz Trainz, here's another locomotive he made - the LSWR Urie S15 Class. Having returned from Dearnby with a heavy goods, No. 30842 passes an older portion of the line past a BR Standard 2MT with a Midland-Bound van train.

138sLev.jpg
[/IMG]
w70Biik.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Last edited:
Lovely 'new' old warehousing at Ashburton....

[Image removed]

Paul

Yes, Paul has an advanced copy of yet another Factory Kit variation.

Due to the fact that TS19 lighting seems to need radically altered settings in order to reproduce British lighting conditions and/or to counteract the increased perceived brightness of assets created for older versions of Trainz, my carefully graded shades are tending to look much darker in the screenshots of others' TS19 routes than they do on my system, where I've not need to replicate those alternative conditions. To add to the issue, I'd not really considered the sort of rural environment that Paul and Epo have gone for, and I felt they deserved a stone version that would suit them better.

In light of this (pun not intended) I've been working directly off-board with a couple of these route-builders who are very kindly trying out what I'm guessing may solve the problem and reporting back. The successful candidates will be released in due course, but setting up these extended configs and preparing the thumbnails for each kit all takes a considerable time: mesh libraries and LOD together are no picnic. (Understatement!)

It looks as if there could be as many as eleven variations eventually, but since most of them weren't in my original plans and I'm already in mid-flow with the next project, I want to get that into an workable state before returning to the factories. Truth be told, I'm close to being 'factoried-out' at the moment, and a wee while spent away from them is something of a relief.

Give me a week or so and I should be back to them.

m

re recent posts, good to see a lot of activity on this thread now.
Lots of varied stuff, all most welcome.

aKP Somewhere in ScR (a WIP)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

More great screenshots from the regulars, keep them coming.:Y:

The subject of this week's Screenshot comp is branch lines, get your shots in there folks!

I am still working away on my Carrachmuir route, I think I spend as much time researching as I do modelling.

I am enjoying myself, what a great stress relief Trainz modelling is. :D
Despite being a health enforced hermit I still have a sense of humour.

"In Carrachmuir, there was a lot of interest in the two rare visitors, but they missed the real photo opportunity!"....

They-missed-the-real-photo-opportunity.jpg

Back