Page 280 of 296 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 4433

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Jimmy, try setting up a dummy session with the problem right at the start. Waiting a couple of minutes for it to go wonky beats the daylights out of a problem 40 minutes in.

Overview of the junction goods yard. More clutter needed, but taking shape...

Andy
    Last edited by clekev; June 23rd, 2021 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotshotJimmy View Post
    She is a great runner and although is overall slower than the 7F at the coal run she's a lot more steadier. Still never figured out why the tender wheels won't rotate unless under AI control but it doesn't impact her performance. The model holds up really well actually. Nice to have some choice of freight loco. Tonight went fine but I'm butting up against some stone load problems. The session/route doesn't like saving the fact the wagons can take the stone loads so as soon as they unload the flat wagons forget they can take the stone loads. Meaning nothing happens st the quarry. Very odd and it takes about 40mins each time to test it.
    I can sympathize. Certain wagons have problems with session rules and product ques outright. The BR 21T mineral wagons always give me some grief when I am attempting to run a session. I hope it doesn't persist too long for you!

More work on the Brighton Route. Preston Park is starting to get fleshed out a bit more. Poster boards with flyers are going up, signals are being erected to help control traffic, and platform lamps are lighting the way at night!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Service is still scarce. Just a 4-SUB EMU set on it's way to Charing Cross and an Ex-LBSCR E6 with a lone brakevan - probably checking the rails so those tube trains don't break down!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

No where near done yet - Preston's a big place!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Tanker46; June 24th, 2021 at 12:06 PM.
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

Are you planning on modelling all of Preston Tanker?

Tram engine at work on the Windweather Tramway.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

I'm not quite sure yet Annie. Seeing as how this project will eventually encompass the entire Southern Region, I think modeling the entire city would be a poor move.

On the other hand, Preston and Brighton were basically one in the same as there were massive amounts of terraces and flats that blanketed the landscape. Brighton has to resemble that to some degree as most major stations like Eastleigh, Southampton and Dover Marine do. Thanks to low poly assets like Johnwhelan's 2009 Terrace splines, and Euromodeller's many, many, many EMT Assets that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Valbridge's London to Brighton Route was a huge help by giving me an accurate example of the surrounding area's terrain. Although the residential areas and trackwork are vastly different in the modern age than the 50s, but all it took was a quick lookup of Sussex 1950s era maps from the National Library of Scotland and it's pretty evident that the landscape and topography haven't changed much. All I needed to do was copy the ground data, select appropriate textures and assets and lay the track in 1950s era fashion! It is working extremely well as I have laid track up to Three Bridges already!

The only issue I have is the old route I built this off of has a much higher elevation than the DEM data I used to build the London extension. So unfortunately it seems Patcham Tunnel is on a bit of a "downward slope" for the time being.
    Last edited by Tanker46; June 25th, 2021 at 01:12 AM.
    Tanker46

Quote Originally Posted by clekev View Post
    Jimmy, try setting up a dummy session with the problem right at the start. Waiting a couple of minutes for it to go wonky beats the daylights out of a problem 40 minutes in.

Overview of the junction goods yard. More clutter needed, but taking shape...

Andy
    Great work Andy any chance you could tell me the name of the little wooden wagons your using in the yard pic please ?.
    Cheers Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by matruck View Post
    Great work Andy any chance you could tell me the name of the little wooden wagons your using in the yard pic please ?.
    Cheers Mick.
    G'day Mick - I put all of the wagons in a single consist, and PM'd you the kuid table. I am very sure they are all on the DLS...

Andy

Well I fixed those dodgey wagons when I realised Kotanga made some very awesome Fellbeck Quarry wagons some more testing of the session rules and this one will be ready to bake and get on the DLS!

Super D and the 7F for coal, everything else for the stone train, mixed goods or passenger service.
    Please consider joining the British Train Sim Discord

https://discord.gg/7tDJHpw

Quote Originally Posted by clekev View Post
    G'day Mick - I put all of the wagons in a single consist, and PM'd you the kuid table. I am very sure they are all on the DLS...

Andy
    Cheers for that Andy just got home from work so I'll check it out mate thanks again.
    Cheers Mick.

Excellent screenshots Jimmy! I am quite the enthusiast of Annie's wagons myself. She has a real talent for making "Go Anywhere" PO Wagons that can find their way onto pretty much any Pre-1948 UK Route. Many of them have wandered their way into my various route projects.

I think my favorite things she's done are her tinkering with Knucklesnvector's locomotives models. They have got to be the best example of high tier "reskinning" I have ever seen. It takes the concept beyond texture editing and transcends into something greater.

Some of the models she updated are his LMS Johnson 2P, LNWR Precursor Tank and a Webb Coal Tank! If you enjoy using the Super D then I recommend you give them a look!
    Tanker46

Having a search right now thanks bud!

Oh ye I do already have those, think I'll position one further up the line as a banker.
    Last edited by HotshotJimmy; June 26th, 2021 at 09:06 AM.

Tanker! You've just about given me a terminal blushing attack. Thank you very much for your kind comments. Having come here after fighting with a pair of Midland Railway open wagons I'm trying to finish your comments really were a boost to my spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    Tanker! You've just about given me a terminal blushing attack. Thank you very much for your kind comments. Having come here after fighting with a pair of Midland Railway open wagons I'm trying to finish your comments really were a boost to my spirits.
    Your wagons are alays good stuff =D the fact these Fellbeck flats (new nickname for them) are keeping their load and are tailor made for the route help so much, i'm not having to faff about with ones that don't keep their settings. the ex-midland kits already sitting ready to help anyone who runs out of puff up the hills haha.

No time just now to run and test so some quick speed limit changes and additions to the rolling stock

#4198. Some really good looking screenshots there Jimmy. I knew your 'Fellbeck Flats' would work out fine since I use the same base model in other reskinned forms on my Norfolk layout. The ex-Midland Johnston 2P is a nice engine and I had a lot of fun with updating it and giving it an overhaul at the Dreamwalker Wagon Works.

Thanks Annie, really useful contributions...