Page 275 of 296 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 4437

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Default 1921 LSWR Hampshire

Good shots.

Running through Totton & Eling

Borderreiver hi

What track are you using?

Regards
    Ian

Hello Ian

Lielestosbrat's <kuid:101839:21010> LRW Track, Wood, Bullhead, Brown Ballast

#4111. Taking a holiday down south Frank. I like the sunlight and shadow in your screenshot, - nicely done.

B&FER 'Sharpie' No.8 is regularly scheduled to take the boat train away from the wharf station at Foxhollow. No.8 is still wearing the B&FER's old green livery having so far successfully eluded any sign of a blue tin of paint being brought near it.

Approaching Brenton Wood.

Platform 3 Brenton Wood station.

A countryside snap taken on the way to Moxbury.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

Kingston Upon Hull, Yorkshire, United Kingdom.

Nice screenshots Anne. Just a little too much hint of Green,
    Regards Dave.

Some great shots above.

Cheers, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Stationbeem View Post
    Nice screenshots Anne. Just a little too much hint of Green,
    Regards Dave.
    Thanks for the feedback Dave. I'm not sure what it is, but I didn't think it looked as quite as green as that in-game. I'll have a look at it next time I'm working on the layout.

Thanks Annie.

I am tinkering with a short route around the River Test near Southampton. It will be roughly Brockenhurst and Romsey to Southampton West. The current issue of Railway Modeller has a layout based on Redbridge wharf, which was on the eastern (left) bank of the Test. Their setting was around 1965, while I have chosen to make it 1925, admittedly just a tad late for an LSWR liveried loco. This date means that I can include a bit of the Fawley branch (opened 1925) and just have the two-platform Southampton West station, but it also means that I had to "excavate" the transdem DTM model to remove all the post-1930 reclaimation works which produced the western docks area of Southampton. The Redbridge wharf yard was also very different in 1925 from what it became during/after WWII.

A view down the River Test from above Totton. Redbridge Junction where the LSWR's Andover and Redbridge line joins their Southampton and Dorchester line. A great deal of work to do.

Last edited by borderreiver; June 13th, 2021 at 03:56 AM. Reason: More to say

Thanks Frank

Brilliant
    Regards
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by borderreiver View Post
    Thanks Annie.

I am tinkering with a short route around the River Test near Southampton. It will be roughly Brockenhurst and Romsey to Southampton West. The current issue of Railway Modeller has a layout based on Redbridge wharf, which was on the eastern (left) bank of the Test. Their setting was around 1965, while I have chosen to make it 1925, admittedly just a tad late for an LSWR liveried loco. This date means that I can include a bit of the Fawley branch (opened 1925) and just have the two-platform Southampton West station, but it also means that I had to "excavate" the transdem DTM model to remove all the post-1930 reclaimation works which produced the western docks area of Southampton. The Redbridge wharf yard was also very different in 1925 from what it became during/after WWII.

A view down the River Test from above Totton. Redbridge Junction where the LSWR's Andover and Redbridge line joins their Southampton and Dorchester line. A great deal of work to do.

This is brilliant Frank. No other words to describe it.

Do you think you might release this on the DLS once its completed? The West Southampton lines near the River Test are something I have not been able to find proper maps for and the route would be a great reference for the Southampton area of my Brighton Route Southern Project.

I really hope you will post more of this as it progresses. It's an amazing route already and I can't wait to see more of it!!
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Great shots, everyone. The variety on this thread is always compelling.

Borderreiver, your River Test project really looks neat!

Wath Station Master MacGregor was studying his watch closely as Driver Eric just managed to fold his Fowler 7F and the quarry train onto the siding, only seconds before the local came chuffing around the bend. By his watch, the margin of error was only 20 seconds or the local would have been delayed by Eric's train, which was bound for the Dacre Stone Mason Factory.

MacGregor angrily waved at Eric, and then gestured at his watch. As the local reduced speed, he was just able to hear Eric's retort over the sound of the oncoming train.

"Plenty of time, Guv'nor. No worries." Such cheek! MacGregor muttered to himself.

Tanker46 a very intresting idea

Tom
    Acer Predator Helios 300 16gb ram, GTX1060 graphics on windows home 10
    TANE build 94916 TRS19 build 111951

re post #4111 and #4118 borderreiver.
    Look forward to more on this route. Top notch info and in depth detail in the future from you Frank I am sure.

re post 4116 clekev.
    A goodly brace of shots.

re post #4114 KotangaGirl
    Annie have you tried setting the enviromental settings to gray on the Ambient and Sun color dials?

re post #4121 Heinrich505
    Nice rich colour and perhaps there was even more colourful language from MacGregor ?

Cheers, Ken

Another dramatically stunning screenshot Ken.

re post #4114 KotangaGirl
    Annie have you tried setting the environmental settings to gray on the Ambient and Sun color dials?
    I do tend towards having a faint tinge of green on the Ambient and Sun color dials which looks fine 'in game', but looks a lot more green in a screenshot. When setting the environmental controls I tend to use a soft day here in the rural Waikato as a guide. I shall continue to experiment.

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Thanks for the compliment, Ken. Yes, I suspect the station master used more colorful invective, but carefully. There were passengers nearby.

I love the shot of the "race" between the passenger and freight. The threatening grey sky really imparts a sense of urgency to the trains, and highlights them nicely.

If my trainspotting is a bit off, please forgive me. A Britannia Class 4-6-2 racing a Class 9F?

Isn't the 9F the one they are using to film the new Indiana Jones 5 movie, but dolled up to be a German 2-10-0?

Regards,
    Gary