UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

re posts #2020 edh6, #2021 KotangaGirl, #2022 robd and #2023 IanOHoseason.

Thank you all so much for the compliments.

aKP Somewhere ScR

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Thanks for the compliment SuperSpeed! It's actually a copy of the UK SUSSEX LINES route built by Ken_Whit. I downloaded it of the DLS way back when I first bought TS2009 and I have been slowly working on updating it with more modern assets so that it will be compatible with TANE and TS2019. I am not sure I have the authority to post it to the DLS, but when I finish overhauling it I would be happy to share it with you!

I am working on it in sections and so far I am focusing on the Brighton section up to Lewes Station:

More from the LBSCR Main Line -

LSraV6M.jpg
[/IMG]
0139AJK.jpg
[/IMG]
YkcUDYv.jpg
[/IMG]
ofmu5cH.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Thank you so much! I think another pre-grouping company is ready to bet set up running! :D
(I’ve already got the GWR at a unique point, broad gauge, and I’m currently using Rosworth Vale V2, modified, for the LNWR, still a wip)

Another great screenshot evilcrow. You're sorely tempting me to set aside my much loved mid-19th century NBR models for a while.

And a less brillant screenshot from me.

An old Hicks 'tea urn' goes hunting for some quarry wagons in company with a couple of mineral brakes on the Eastlingwold & Great Mulling's quarry branchline.

mKFSgwJ.jpg

Nice Shots KotangaGirl! You really have a knack for bringing the tinest details out of your routes and letting them shine! I might have to purchase that 'tea urn' at some point in the future!

More Brighton Shots:

MwT7GMn.jpg
[/IMG]

Lord Nelson Class Sir Martin Frobisher departs from Brighton with an express train bound for Horsham. Originally an Eastliegh engine, the locomotive is covering for the N15x Class that usually handles the train is in for an "overhaul". ;)

W1Cyzwi.jpg
[/IMG]

Further east, H2 Class Beechy Head prepares to depart with a boat train filled with passengers from the aging Ex-SR liner SS Lorena while a little USA dock tank shunts dutifully in the foreground.

Tanker46

Last edited:
Your pictures don't seem to be displaying Tanker.

Thanks for your nice comments too by the way. I just like building backwater minor lines out in the rural countryside. I do tend to get a bit carried away with scenic details though and plant lots of grasses, shrubs and trees.
Yes the Hicks 'tea urns' are nice engines and certainly amongst my favourites. I have three altogether and they've had quite a bit of work done on them both with their appearance and also to make them useful for the type of work I have them doing on my layout.

Thanks for the heads up about the photos! I tried posting them from my phone - a mistake I won't be making again!! :confused:

I completely understand your attraction towards minor lines as I tend to have that as well. There just seems to be something special about an overlooked little line that winds through one sleepy little village after another. :) I think that's kind of why I like Pre-Grouping content - because everywhere was like that back then. The tea urns look like the perfect little engines to run a small line all by themselves. Kind of like my E1R on my Moorhurst Line. They definitely look intriguing though! :)

Tanker46

Now at last I can say 'Nice screenshots Tanker.' I do like that SS Lorena ship model, - it's one that I've not seen before.

The 'tea urns' work on a long rambling branchline serving several small town and villages before the line ultimately ends up at a quarry so yes they are very much maids of all work on that section.

Post #2032 - Thanks for the update Annie! :) The SS Lorena was something I came across by chance when I found a website of someone who has a website for modeling WW2 vessels and military equipment. Your Windweather Tramway is looking marvelous! I bet it's a real fun time to run the length of the route!

5nCjfLQ.jpg
[/IMG]

The Lorena was a ship that was used for evacuation during Operation Dynamo at Dunkirk, but was sunken by bombs upon retreating. I discovered that before WW2 she was a Passenger/Cargo Liner for the Southern Railway so I decided to "fudge the details" of her sinking and keep her and her war colleague SS Canterbury in service as a liner for Slateport Harbor on the LBSCR Mainline.

WuM5SXf.jpg
[/IMG]

Also more shots from the LBSCR Main Line - the Reconstruction of Brighton is going well as I have started replacing most of the textures and older splines in favor of Clam1952's and Maysontaylor's assets. Big thanks to both of you!! :)

BV07Fc0.jpg
[/IMG]

LM0NFTS.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Thanks for the information on the SS Lorena Tanker. Nothing wrong with bending history so you can make use of a nice ship model like that one.

Your ex-LBSC Brighton line is gradually getting there and looking better all the time.

Yes my Windweather Tramway is a lot of fun to operate. Still quite a lot of scenic detailing still to do, but we're getting there.

NpUEx9I.jpg

Last edited:
Post# 2036 - Wow Borderreiver, that is some impressive photography of the LNER A4 Class - it really captures the detail on the locomotive! :)

Well, my wife surprised me this week with an early anniversary gift I was not expecting - a copy of TS2019!! I'm not quite familiar with it yet, but here's a few shots I took of the GWR 9400 out for a stroll down the Cornish Main Line Route.

5MnsVSy.jpg
[/IMG]
cmxrLE1.jpg
[/IMG]
MP36mdr.jpg
[/IMG]
bTFCjxm.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Excellent screenshot at #2036 Frank. The lighting very much emphasises the lines of 'Golden Plover'.

I think you'll have a lot of fun with TS2019 Tanker. I own a copy and I like it a lot even though I still use TS2012 to build my own routes.

Thanks Annie! It certainly was a surprise! I have the UK Regional Version, but unfortunately it is too big to run even for my mighty gaming laptop! :( I am going to have to put it on the back burner until I can afford my new desktop to run it...

I managed to test out the PLL on TS2019 as well. It works pretty well despite the slowdown of the game! I managed to squeeze out a few screenshots before I had to close it down!

0wPaAGj.jpg
[/IMG]
Z9XRKOE.jpg
[/IMG]
0gkCAi0.jpg
[/IMG]
di230Yh.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Yes you'll need some fairly significant computer power and a good graphics card to run TS2019 successfully Tanker. My old monster of a computer manages Ok, but I really could do with a better graphics card to get the best out of the new simulator.
Good that you got PLL to run under TS2019. I haven't tried doing that yet.

The View from a V1

The fireman's view out of the cab window of a Gresley V3 approaching Pelton station on the Consett Branch's Beamish diversion.
It has been a stiff climb from South Pelaw junction.

Back