UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

I think this big lady is the smokiest engine I have!

A6F5DAB351EA4A58B8AA97DB121BB5E186C6382E

B221811FE6FDD7FA7C96A8BC7498FBB51A3CB84E

I'm not sure what it is but all the engines steam a hell of a lot better than in T:ANE. Working on some schedules for this route in SP and MP.

D21CA443BD86F1BA59398FBD6E732F3923DA5DFD

God I love that G2A Jimmy! Cmburgess' s Super D is by far one of my favorite overall Trainz models! :D

Honestly seeing your screenshots is really inspiring! I'm working on my London Victoria extension of my Brighton Route and these gives me a lot of inspiration when I see them. Keep up the awesome work with your routes!! :)

God I love that G2A Jimmy! Cmburgess' s Super D is by far one of my favorite overall Trainz models! :D

Honestly seeing your screenshots is really inspiring! I'm working on my London Victoria extension of my Brighton Route and these gives me a lot of inspiration when I see them. Keep up the awesome work with your routes!! :)

She is a great runner and although is overall slower than the 7F at the coal run she's a lot more steadier. Still never figured out why the tender wheels won't rotate unless under AI control but it doesn't impact her performance. The model holds up really well actually. Nice to have some choice of freight loco. Tonight went fine but I'm butting up against some stone load problems. The session/route doesn't like saving the fact the wagons can take the stone loads so as soon as they unload the flat wagons forget they can take the stone loads. Meaning nothing happens st the quarry. Very odd and it takes about 40mins each time to test it.

Jimmy, try setting up a dummy session with the problem right at the start. Waiting a couple of minutes for it to go wonky beats the daylights out of a problem 40 minutes in.

Overview of the junction goods yard. More clutter needed, but taking shape...

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Andy :)

Last edited:
She is a great runner and although is overall slower than the 7F at the coal run she's a lot more steadier. Still never figured out why the tender wheels won't rotate unless under AI control but it doesn't impact her performance. The model holds up really well actually. Nice to have some choice of freight loco. Tonight went fine but I'm butting up against some stone load problems. The session/route doesn't like saving the fact the wagons can take the stone loads so as soon as they unload the flat wagons forget they can take the stone loads. Meaning nothing happens st the quarry. Very odd and it takes about 40mins each time to test it.

I can sympathize. Certain wagons have problems with session rules and product ques outright. The BR 21T mineral wagons always give me some grief when I am attempting to run a session. I hope it doesn't persist too long for you!

More work on the Brighton Route. Preston Park is starting to get fleshed out a bit more. Poster boards with flyers are going up, signals are being erected to help control traffic, and platform lamps are lighting the way at night!

tpMZfwr.jpg
[/IMG]

Y29iqM5.jpg
[/IMG]

tEcKcqZ.jpg
[/IMG]

DgusfB6.jpg
[/IMG]

Service is still scarce. Just a 4-SUB EMU set on it's way to Charing Cross and an Ex-LBSCR E6 with a lone brakevan - probably checking the rails so those tube trains don't break down! :hehe:

bqgFBqd.jpg
[/IMG]

GAYeZOM.jpg
[/IMG]

NyZxEfY.jpg
[/IMG]

No where near done yet - Preston's a big place!

E1RXoD2.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure yet Annie. Seeing as how this project will eventually encompass the entire Southern Region, I think modeling the entire city would be a poor move.

On the other hand, Preston and Brighton were basically one in the same as there were massive amounts of terraces and flats that blanketed the landscape. Brighton has to resemble that to some degree as most major stations like Eastleigh, Southampton and Dover Marine do. Thanks to low poly assets like Johnwhelan's 2009 Terrace splines, and Euromodeller's many, many, many EMT Assets that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

ZkzIuuz.jpg
[/IMG]

Q232AK7.jpg
[/IMG]

9z3YDYW.jpg
[/IMG]

5qrlieu.jpg
[/IMG]

Valbridge's London to Brighton Route was a huge help by giving me an accurate example of the surrounding area's terrain. Although the residential areas and trackwork are vastly different in the modern age than the 50s, but all it took was a quick lookup of Sussex 1950s era maps from the National Library of Scotland and it's pretty evident that the landscape and topography haven't changed much. All I needed to do was copy the ground data, select appropriate textures and assets and lay the track in 1950s era fashion! It is working extremely well as I have laid track up to Three Bridges already!

The only issue I have is the old route I built this off of has a much higher elevation than the DEM data I used to build the London extension. So unfortunately it seems Patcham Tunnel is on a bit of a "downward slope" for the time being.

Last edited:
Jimmy, try setting up a dummy session with the problem right at the start. Waiting a couple of minutes for it to go wonky beats the daylights out of a problem 40 minutes in.

Overview of the junction goods yard. More clutter needed, but taking shape...

Great work Andy any chance you could tell me the name of the little wooden wagons your using in the yard pic please ?.
Cheers Mick.

Great work Andy any chance you could tell me the name of the little wooden wagons your using in the yard pic please ?.
Cheers Mick.

G'day Mick - I put all of the wagons in a single consist, and PM'd you the kuid table. I am very sure they are all on the DLS...

Well I fixed those dodgey wagons when I realised Kotanga made some very awesome Fellbeck Quarry wagons :D some more testing of the session rules and this one will be ready to bake and get on the DLS!

CA7BBEC88E7F40503621B55481A7F0C07F914922

4B4BFDC3F15D12420BD0DEE8200B6DEF48A4A407

6E3D77E77632BD740E5750513506F27CEE9E9492

8A9278B5F0C84E49E428A0F86CB2E7A1CBBC95CA

9336A7D4518466D1D7DB769678432F52044C650E

8F974C332FF2B8828B2B9D8ED8A87D4108B3DE1C

CE6CCC29E6C34DD25BE569396D8B3CFABA4ADAAD

414B58422993D3942F215DD2B67D7B42CBAC00EC

9D999681EC14EA0784B9171E8B7C75E777EEC3C2

Super D and the 7F for coal, everything else for the stone train, mixed goods or passenger service.

Excellent screenshots Jimmy! I am quite the enthusiast of Annie's wagons myself. She has a real talent for making "Go Anywhere" PO Wagons that can find their way onto pretty much any Pre-1948 UK Route. Many of them have wandered their way into my various route projects.

I think my favorite things she's done are her tinkering with Knucklesnvector's locomotives models. They have got to be the best example of high tier "reskinning" I have ever seen. It takes the concept beyond texture editing and transcends into something greater.

Some of the models she updated are his LMS Johnson 2P, LNWR Precursor Tank and a Webb Coal Tank! If you enjoy using the Super D then I recommend you give them a look! :D

Having a search right now thanks bud!

Oh ye I do already have those, think I'll position one further up the line as a banker.

Last edited:
Tanker! You've just about given me a terminal blushing attack. Thank you very much for your kind comments. Having come here after fighting with a pair of Midland Railway open wagons I'm trying to finish your comments really were a boost to my spirits.

Tanker! You've just about given me a terminal blushing attack. Thank you very much for your kind comments. Having come here after fighting with a pair of Midland Railway open wagons I'm trying to finish your comments really were a boost to my spirits.

Your wagons are alays good stuff =D the fact these Fellbeck flats (new nickname for them) are keeping their load and are tailor made for the route help so much, i'm not having to faff about with ones that don't keep their settings. the ex-midland kits already sitting ready to help anyone who runs out of puff up the hills haha.

#4198. Some really good looking screenshots there Jimmy. I knew your 'Fellbeck Flats' would work out fine since I use the same base model in other reskinned forms on my Norfolk layout. The ex-Midland Johnston 2P is a nice engine and I had a lot of fun with updating it and giving it an overhaul at the Dreamwalker Wagon Works.

It is really good to see my blank wagon models being used for the purpose for which they are intended Andy. I'm glad you like them and I feel encouraged to think about other blank wagon possibilities.

Back