UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

A word of advice about those trees Jimmy. Bulk Asset Replace Tool is your friend. It can replace almost any asset with another of your choice in mass quantities. In TRS19 it can replace building assets now too!

Ye object for object or spline for spline, it doesn't swap spline to object. So what I do is place the trees where the 2d ones were then delete the spline from under it and that's T:ANE btw lol.

Ah! I understand now! I'm modeling the route from Brighton in TANE so I understand the limitations. I still think TANE is better for route building in my opinion but I am starting to get a handle on TRS19 as well.

C0832B1989617191246D74A8147A6481729326EE

Pretty tired from work so the forests can wait, stuck the stock in AI and sat back to see if it'd all work. Success!

3A25D71812B5A3C1D33BED186CF2F05963BCE873

Pulling into Dacre, can hear something thundering towards me...

019AC873D7FE68DE4C13F806144387CBE4EBD0F1

Just caught it =D

I often find that taking a seat in a carriage and taking a ride can be very useful since it gives a completely different view of the railway I've built. Any mistakes I've made that I hadn't noticed before become immediately obvious when looking out a carriage window.

#2882. Good looking screenshots Tanker. You do know that those yellow distant signals should be red in the pre-grouping era. Chris has told me that he's going to do something about making red distant signals when he gets a spare moment.

One of my little projects before I packed in Trainz about 7 years ago was to build a model of the Queen Alexandra Bridge in Sunderland. The real one was completed in 1909 at a cost equivalent to £54 million in todays money but it carried coal trains for just 12 years before the rail deck was abandoned.
1) Being crossed by a Q6 with empties heading west for Washington.
Queen Alexandra Bridge Sunderland TRS19 4.8.20 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
2) Looking north west.
Queen Alexandra Bridge Sunderland (2) TRS19 4.8.20 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
3) Looking north from the site of Doxfords engine shed.
Queen Alexandra Bridge Sunderland (3) TRS19 4.8.20 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Quite the bridge. Was it abandoned because of a reduction in traffic?

Kotanga, yes I agree aswell. Different perspectives are always handy :)

One of my little projects before I packed in Trainz about 7 years ago was to build a model of the Queen Alexandra Bridge in Sunderland. The real one was completed in 1909 at a cost equivalent to £54 million in todays money but it carried coal trains for just 12 years before the rail deck was abandoned.
1) Being crossed by a Q6 with empties heading west for Washington.
Queen Alexandra Bridge Sunderland TRS19 4.8.20 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
2) Looking north west.
Queen Alexandra Bridge Sunderland (2) TRS19 4.8.20 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr
3) Looking north from the site of Doxfords engine shed.
Queen Alexandra Bridge Sunderland (3) TRS19 4.8.20 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

Ah! The BR Brick Viaduct! I had that on the Brighton Line when I first downloaded it. It looked a bit shabby on my route but you've made it look wonderful here lewisner! Lucky for me that Graham (Euromodeller) was so willing to reskin the viaduct to bring it similar to the one out of London Road Station! I really should ask him to give the Ouse Viaduct once I get as far as Balcombe...

oYY07iB.jpg
[/IMG]

Getting my feet wet with Brighton in TRS19. Adding Edh6's locos in makes the yard look a lot busier!! Looking forward to adding the M7 to the lineup when its released to the DLS!!

K8TV6Iq.jpg
[/IMG]

ZjkxZdq.jpg
[/IMG]

YLUznR7.jpg
[/IMG]

And finally some future progress.. The line through Patcham Tunnel has been cut down to one track.. This is because the extension to London Victoria has begun!! The line's first task is to extend as far as Haywards Heath. The line will eventually meet up with extensions to Guildford, Tonbridge, and of course the great Nine Elms!

The class 47 that broke down at Worthing some time ago has been relegated to the task of handling the Permanent Way train as it heads up the line. Meanwhile, a Redhill-based N Class brings a stopping passenger train in from Three Bridges station.

7zeDxnv.jpg
[/IMG]

Rz00nGe.jpg
[/IMG]

#2882. Good looking screenshots Tanker. You do know that those yellow distant signals should be red in the pre-grouping era. Chris has told me that he's going to do something about making red distant signals when he gets a spare moment.

Also, thanks for the encouragement Annie! I noticed you uploaded an LSWR themed Model Rail layout to your many achievements on the DLS! I look forward to downloading it and checking it out!

I will double check my signals for the Cornwall Route! I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to Pre-Grouping fixtures so I appreciate any corrections or critiques you have for me! :)

Last edited:
Quite the bridge. Was it abandoned because of a reduction in traffic?

Kotanga, yes I agree aswell. Different perspectives are always handy :)

Well it was only for freight and the only thing it offered was a direct line from the coalfields in the Consett area to Sunderland South Dock and I understand that the traffic from those coalfields did decline so much that it made it uneconomical to maintain a massive structure to the standard for heavy trains. In a superb bit of irony the LNER removed the approach spans in 1937 except for two girders which carried a sea water pipe, just two years before war broke and of course the bridge could have provided a valuable alternative route into Sunderland in the event of bomb damage to other lines. @Tanker46 the approach viaducts were actually built from 60,000 tons of red sandstone.

Queen Alexandra Bridge, Sunderland nearing completion by Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums, on Flickr

Last edited:
Also, thanks for the encouragement Annie! I noticed you uploaded an LSWR themed Model Rail layout to your many achievements on the DLS! I look forward to downloading it and checking it out!

I will double check my signals for the Cornwall Route! I'm quite inexperienced when it comes to Pre-Grouping fixtures so I appreciate any corrections or critiques you have for me! :)

Yes Seaton in Devon. Made as close as I could get it to representing the 1889 station within the limits of what was available on the DLS. I used the trackplan shown on the 1889 OS map, but had to compress it a bit to fit in with the TMR format since it's a digital model railway layout rather than being set into the landscape. The station layout is quite simple, but still a lot of fun to operate.

I'm a bit of a semaphore signal enthusiast and Chris knows that I've reskinned all of his distants on my layouts to being red, but of course I can't upload them since I don't have his permission. Signals are difficult in Trainz because there are big gaps in what is available for the pre-grouping era and some models are old now and don't work all that well with later ones with better scripting.
If you need any advice please feel free to ask.

m2qbz4k.jpg

Lovely to see all this Sunderland work. Thank you Lewisner. It brings back a lot of memories of my youth, especially the Queen Alexandra Bridge, which I crossed on a regular basis.
Best wishes
Ian

Lovely to see all this Sunderland work. Thank you Lewisner. It brings back a lot of memories of my youth, especially the Queen Alexandra Bridge, which I crossed on a regular basis.
Best wishes
Ian

Thanks for your kind comments Ian ! Once I have my Malton & Driffield route complete I have a fiendish plan to combine my Sunderland - Leamside route with the ECML route but I think it will involve much drinking of wine and swearing.

Here's an A8 working a northbound train through North Grimston station.

A8 at North Grimston TRS19 5.8.20 by A1 Northeastern, on Flickr

D2A0D17022DA2512D0B1AF69F0B91E05FACE5B6E

7F echoing up the valley

F4D7DA8969EED15D5FA7E91E97074EDF24BE143A

B0EFC61F1B9E6929BD5E02C147C1CCCB72F96238

Still climbing with the Fellbeck signaller's "long pull" seen on the left of the track. He would recieve word from the small box at the quarry that the full train had made it through.

Back