UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Q7 Class H Goods

Here, a Raven Q7 0-8-0 takes the line for the chord to the Up ECML. She is hauling steel products bound for Ferryhill yard from Consett.

The loco will come off the train at Ferryhill and it will then go on to York.

WEst Norfolk Line WIP
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Good to see that these pages are still active with the usual supporters busy posting pictures here. I'm still feeling unwell post-COVID, but I have started to pick up my projects in Trainz again. Here's a snap of two 'K' class Pecketts seen on 'Dintdale' while under test in TS2019 SP0.

mOT2ASS.jpg

Good to hear from you Annie, I thought you'd been quiet as of late! Hope you feel better soon.

34027 257 Squadron prepares to depart Swanage on an overcast day, but so far the rain has held off.
2F8N7yo.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

I wonder where everyone has gone...

D6515 Lt. Jenny Lewis with a short engineers train:
TXOm67z.jpg

3nFdqzZ.jpg

p8aRCfr.jpg

L88Rozq.jpg

@Rumour3 if you happen to peruse the forums, a brand new 33 would be very much appreciated... ;)

Cheers,

PLP

I think this thread may just be a bit quieter because (at least in the States, dunno about other places), some people are going back to school or work. I know some work all year around, so I can't speak for everyone. I've simply lost the drive to play Trainz again, mainly because I'm too busy with schoolwork, but I would like to join back.

Excellent screenshots regardless, PLP! It's always a treat to see more from Swanage!

Thanks SRKing!

One of 80104 coming off shed to the train in platform 2. Coal has been added either side of the pit to simulate dropped coal/ashes and new assets here include the handrail on the left hand side and the wooden platform in front of the 4MT.
EqiqGNT.jpg

Cheers,

PLP

Good to hear from you Annie, I thought you'd been quiet as of late! Hope you feel better soon.

<picture snipped>

Cheers,

PLP

Hello PLP, - thanks. I am a lot better than I was and I'm taking an interest in things again. As always it's good to see screenshots of Swanage.

Here's a snap taken while I was running small saddle tank engines around on 'Dintdale' using the 'advanced' steam controls. Always a good cheer up for me.
The small 'red terror' is a 'Faery' class Hunslet by Paulz Trainz. Not the ideal engine for bunting coal wagons around, - but hey it was still a lot of fun.

5PlkC5C.jpg

Lovely screenshots Annie :)

Yes, mighty fine shots there Annie.
Cheers, Ken

Thanks very much gentlemen, but really it's the classic wonder that is 'Dintdale' that makes my screenshots look so good.

A pair of Peckett 'K' saddle tanks carefully descending the gradient below Ravenscraig Colliery. The Pecketts are by Paulz Trainz and have been modded a wee bit in my usual fashion. The NE 20T hoppers and NE 10T coal hopper wagons are also by Paulz Trainz with some light texture mods by yours truly.
The Pecketts also drive well on the 'advanced steam controls', but they are a little bit more brutal and impolite than the 'Faery' Hunslets.

lBiDcEo.jpg

xoLRuiU.jpg

2sJi2qs.jpg

Excellent Industrial Locos Annie!! Paul sure knows how to make locos!

In line with your Hunslet shots I'll share a few of my own. I took Ed's J94 0-6-0ST out for a spin on Dearnby doing the coal shunting at Frowhill. It's an excellent little loco.

YFygTcK.jpg
[/IMG]

58n5bfS.jpg
[/IMG]

sNz0XPQ.jpg
[/IMG]

bVwiFug.jpg
[/IMG]

PP41OuR.jpg
[/IMG]

OGm3smc.jpg
[/IMG]

tKAW337.jpg
[/IMG]

7tLw2Nv.jpg
[/IMG]

Excellent Industrial Locos Annie!! Paul sure knows how to make locos!

In line with your Hunslet shots I'll share a few of my own. I took Ed's J94 0-6-0ST out for a spin on Dearnby doing the coal shunting at Frowhill. It's an excellent little loco.

<pictures snipped>

Messing about with small industrial saddle tanks is certainly a lot of fun Tanker and the branches around Dint on 'Dintdale' are a perfect playground for them.

Ed has done an impressive job with his new WD/J94 saddle tanks and coal wagon shunting on Dearnby is a task that seems to be suiting No. 68066 very well.

Ed consistently produces excellent models and the Austerity (J94) is no exception. They were powerful engines and thankfully some are in preservation. Trainz needs industrial locos since they were a significant presence on the UK network during the steam era. I have the two volumes on the survey of industrial and NCB engines in County Durham and there were hundreds of them in use, just in one county! There were dozens of different types in service, some exceedingly ancient and others unique examples. While it is an impossible task to produce all of them I am hoping that Ed is motivated to turn out several more types, representing the output of the UK industrial locomotive builders. Names such as Barclay, Hawthorns, Hunslet, Kerr, Peckett & Robert Stephenson surely deserve at least one example from each of them in the game.

94DwWLr.jpg

An old shot of a Consett Iron Company A Class long-boilered 0-6-0PT in action. This was a type produced over six decades and appeared in both saddle and pannier types. The long-boilered type, which was a preferred type on the Stockton & Darlington Railway, was well suited to short trips interspersed with long periods of inactivity. This was the usual mode of operation when working to and from collieries. The S&DR took over the working of the lines to the west of Consett in the 1850s following a bank failure triggering the collapse of the iron Company. It is no real surprise then that S&DR loco practises found their way in to the iron company. the Consett Iron Company was also a significant owner of collieries, owning and operating the waggonway between Chopwell and staithes at Derwenthaugh on the Tyne.

Last edited:
An A Class 0-6-0PT at Consett

A Consett Iron Company A Class 0-6-0PT in Consett approaching the level crossing at Templetown with a train of coal for the Fell coke works.

TijbJlf.jpg

The NER Consett branch is in the background, Carr House West signal box towards the left extremity of the shot. The loco and train have passed beneath the NER branch and the sidings linking CIC tracks with the NER's Consett station trail in from the left. The CIC train is from the CIC-owned Medomsley branch and had to cross the NER Consett branch on the level at Villa Real, around a mile to the east of Consett station. In a practise dating back to the mid-19th century, CIC trains had running powers between the Medonsley branch and the CIC-owned Eden Colliery, situated to the east of Leadgate station on the NER Consett branch. These powers meant that the CIC had to have a couple of brake vans on hand for running on NER metals. I believe that a couple of elderly ex-NER brake vans were bought for the purpose and lasted many years.

Ed consistently produces excellent models and the Austerity (J94) is no exception. They were powerful engines and thankfully some are in preservation. Trainz needs industrial locos since they were a significant presence on the UK network during the steam era. I have the two volumes on the survey of industrial and NCB engines in County Durham and there were hundreds of them in use, just in one county! There were dozens of different types in service, some exceedingly ancient and others unique examples. While it is an impossible task to produce all of them I am hoping that Ed is motivated to turn out several more types, representing the output of the UK industrial locomotive builders. Names such as Barclay, Hawthorns, Hunslet, Kerr, Peckett & Robert Stephenson surely deserve at least one example from each of them in the game.

I couldn't agree more Frank. The J94 is a resounding success and I think a few more industrials would be very welcome in Trainz. I would love to see Ed tackle the famous Kerr Stuart's Victory should he ever decide to do more of them. It's quite an interesting locomotive.

Ed's really made some wonderful J94s, and you've taken some excellent screenshots of them, Tanker! Haven't heard from you for some time, glad to know you're back!

Fired up Trainz for the first time in a while, and I completely forgot I downloaded an LBSCR route. So here are some screenshots of that!

erGcYJO.jpg

YJ2sfcn.jpg

l9X6ltt.jpg

w1q3jEQ.png

I0sirAC.png

Hope everyone enjoys the screenshots!

Whiston's Woes

Poor old Whiston! I decided to take him for a run from Norden to Swanage with the C set, so the shorter rake of them all.
FjEHuyl.jpg

Getting to Corfe was okay, nothing out of the ordinary but poor Whiston didn't do very well on the climb up to Harmans Cross!
baDpuxd.jpg

YnUXY8b.jpg

We struggled to get above 20mph on the uphill gradient and by the time we passed Woodyhyde campsite steam pressure had plummeted and we were limping along at 13mph.
hW0KBkb.jpg

Not long after, on approach to Harmans Cross Whiston was creeping along at 10mph. Upon arrival at Harmans Cross it was failed and another loco had to come and rescue Whiston and the passengers!
hbBJsk9.jpg

rrzoqIU.jpg

Looking at the spec it appears a TC3 version is the only one for a J94 so no doubt our resident expert is on the case! A lovely little loco to drive nonetheless and great seeing it back at Swanage, well done Ed!

Cheers,

PLP

Back