UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Out and about in Dearnby and District:
s5c2cPn.jpg
[/IMG]
wmBNAtZ.jpg
[/IMG]
H1PkTAo.jpg
[/IMG]
akwuw2p.jpg
[/IMG]
cORFs2o.jpg
[/IMG]

Re Post #1403 neville-hill

Mighty fine shots there Neville, made me want to dig out my old Ian Allan 1960s shed book.

Cheers, evilcrow

Excellent screenshots Neville. D&D is headed for becoming one of the great classic layouts.

And terrific screenshots from you too evilcrow.

More Middle Vales route. Dunleet shed.

1F43eax.jpg

Replaced a couple of the old plonked down Auran factories.

zjcQ7q9.jpg

2Md9Zi0.jpg

Most of the time I run trains on the Scottish border end of Middle Vales......

SueoDeH.jpg

But I thought I'd show you some screenshots from the English end of this very large route.

9Ckuw9x.jpg

iypWzXz.jpg

KWHxxxa.jpg

NWJaspw.jpg

Nh9cyJO.jpg

GkckXgf.jpg

RE Post #1403 neville_hill
Neville your shot of Standard 4MT 80116, I remember this loco on the DLS many moons ago but I cannot seem to find.
Please could you kindly advise me the name and or author so that I may seek out. Many thanks in advance.

Nice shots KotangaGirl you seem to finding a lot of routes for us all to investigate!

UK...............BR/GCR/MET

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Wow! That last screenshot evilcrow is just so absolutely outstanding. Composition, atmosphere, - it has everything. I might just print out on good paper, frame it and hang it on the wall. The screenshot above it with the signalbox is good too and I like it, but the second one really speaks to me.

Thanks for the nice comments about my screenshots by the way, - and you too Neville, - I enjoy finding oldie but goodie TS2004 routes as some of the builders back in the day had some serious landscape modelling skills.

Evilcrow, you've got some real skill with shot composition. Lighting and shading all looks excellent, which really gets the most out of the assets.

Thanks, Jack

evilcrow - 80116 is payware by paulz trainz. It's an unweathered version and quite serviceable. The only weakness I find is the number on the smokebox door, which is why it isn't visible...
There were, or are, quite old versions of the class on the DLS - I think by alex23 from memory. Trainboi1 also once showed one he was working on but it's a real shame it has never appeared.
While I'm on, is that V2 weathered?

re post #1411 KotangaGirl

Please feel free to print out, I had a fad a few years ago printing out old slides, found that one had to invest in a good printer and a good image editor (Micrografixs no longer available 32 bit program), calibrate the monitor to the printer, adjust the dots per inch when printing and good photo paper, etc.
So it would be interesting hear what you achieve. Best of luck and thanks for giving a new idea for Trainz.

repost # LNERlover5

Thanks for your locos, Jack, I think we all could do with some more (hint, hint!).

This is what got me started re light and shade, plus observing other people's screenshots.

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ide-To-Realistic-Lighting-amp-Post-Processing

re post #1413 neville-hill

Thanks for the info Neville, will have a look, I may have it on an old computer (must look in the loft).

The V2 is by Trainboi and reskinned by paulsw2, its available on Jon Whelan's JATWS website,

http://www.jatws.org/paulsw2/paulsw2.html

I hope this helps.

Many thanks to you all for all your kind comments.

Cheers, Ken (aka evilcrow)

8lg21An.jpg

lqKbWGq.jpg

GWR Castle Class "Defiant" 5080 on "Driver_col's" "Tristyn & District GWR. I have reworked for winter running. Hope to upload with permission when finished.

Had to join Imgur. "Photobucket" got greedy.

Last edited:
Very nice, - another Winter layout to look forward to. I abandoned Photomucket for Imgur some months ago. Imgur is good and it works well.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks evilcrow! I have wanted to use Much Murkle for a while but I couldn't find the deps for it. This page had them all and now I can use the route!

It's also nice to know that the weathered V2 is available for download, but the tender doesn't seem to work in TANE due to texture mismatch. It fits well in a scrapyard diorama though!

Thanks again!

Alexander

re post #1417 Tanker46

Hello Alexander,

To solve the Tender texture problem, try downloading a previous version from https://www.auran.com/DLS/ and import it into TS12 for investigation.
Clone/edit/experiment or what ever before using T:ANE. I know I had problems but cannot remember what I did.

Cheers, evilcrow

I, too, suffered from the weathered V2 tender issue. I managed to fiddle with the config file eradicating all reference to filler and cab windows. This solved the problem and it works now in TANE and TRS1919. I’m not sure if this was the right thing to do, as I am pretty useless at these things. However until there is a more professional answer, it will suffice!
Best wishes
Ian

re post #1420 Neville_hill

Hello Neville

I will have a look at the tender and try and remember what I did. I have a feeling that paulsw2's reskin version used the original Trainboi meshes for the dependencies and that they
were replaced when Trainboi introduced up-dated meshes and textures. By the way thanks for the info on the BR 4MT Tank, found it straight away on the DLS.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
UK..........BR/GCR/MET

Cheers, evilcrow

Wow.. these are some really breathtaking shots...

Thanks for the advice on how to fix the V2 Tender by the way! I tinkered with the config like you told me and now it works just fine! Thanks for the awesome images and advice!

I would post some of my own images, but for some reason my account is denying me posting attachments! Weird..

Anyways, thanks again for the help and I look forward to seeing more of your screenshots!

Tanker46

Back