Page 178 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2826

Thread: UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Blog Entries

@tanker, new commission from camscott?

The K class are quite elegant locomotives really, and as all of camscott's work this looks to be to his usual high standard.

Loving the Southern screenshots tanker!

Cheers,

PLP
    Building the Swanage Railway for TRS19.

Post# 2655 - I'm glad it made you smile Annie! I've been so busy with our new arrival that this is the first proper time I've gotten to post these screenshots until now. Glad to see that those toothpaste tubes remembered their place on the Brighton Line!

Post# 2656 - Thanks for the kind words Parker! The K Class is indeed a new commission by Camscott and the newest engine to "Roll out" of Brighton Works! It's an excellent locomotive and I think it should be available soon in both BR Lined Black and Bullied Sunshine Black!

[IMG][/IMG]

You can expect to see at least 2 more LBSCR locos in the near future! I have been saving up for a long time to commission this set of Brighton locos and I'm pleased to see the positive reaction from both Camscott and Trainz users! I am in talks with him about a commission about a Maunsell U Class so it might come around in the future

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

Blog Entries

Excellent screenshots, she really is a beauty!

Good to hear you're getting your locos - always great when you save up for something you really want and finally get it.

I asked camscott about a 4MT and an M7 a while ago but I think a 4MT is floating around somewhere already and I'm not sure I can bite the bullet on the M7!

Cheers,

PLP

Thank you Parker. I really want everyone to be able to enjoy these locos as I have. Camscott does incredible work.

And to answer your question, there is a 4MT in progress - and I am the one working on it!

Ron Hessar (EverTrainz) is helping me finish the original mesh that was done by Trainboi. I am hoping to get it done soon.

As for commissions. The M7 or an SECR N Class are really good ideas. I might even recommend the BR 3MT Tank as I believe Swanage is helping with the project to create a new build of one for Heritage Service. I am dead set on comissioning the U Class so I have your back on that end! My 4MT is going to be TANE/TRS19 Compatible so no need to worry about any troubles between the two games!

I have been saving a large lump sum of money to comission the five models I needed for the Brighton Route. It took a few months but it was well worth the effort. Eventually when I extend the line to Eastleigh I will probably repeat the process and do an LSWR set of comissions.

Hopefully the entire Swanage Roster will be completed by the time you finish the route. Fingers crossed!
    Last edited by Tanker46; June 1st, 2020 at 03:59 PM.
    Tanker46

Blog Entries

Ah, I had heard that it had been passed across to you tanker! I spoke to trainboi1 about it a couple of years ago and have kept tabs on it ever since - I wish you luck with it! Very much looking forward to seeing the finished product!
    Last image I saw of it, the model was virtually complete but no textures - have you made a start on these yet?

I am seriously considering just biting the bullet with the M7, but it's a couple of hundred pounds and I keep umming and arring. The U class though will be terrific I'm sure - camscott really is very talented.

Fingers crossed indeed! It's getting there and all the major work is complete; I'll be honest all that is left are a few houses in Corfe, Swanage and Wareham and some texturing and tree planting but it takes ages and I find it so boring that it's taking me ages to do! I don't envisage it will be long however.

Cheers,

PLP

Thanks Parker! For the most part the 4MT mesh has already been completed but there are several things that need adjustments before I can get into texturing. Piping, fixtures and other components are being rebuilt to prototypical accuracy so it's taking a little longer than I would like. I will start a thread once I get enough progress done to warrant it.

As for Camscott's comission prices, I understand. They're a bit steep. But when I considered that I was basically getting a large number of locomotives in one model versus paying 115 pounds for a single 00 Gauge T9, it was a no brainier for me. I'm an engineer for Amtrak so I his prices don't dent my budget too much but I have never been unhappy with a model he's made for me. They are all done perfectly identical to the prototype. The reason I haven't comissioned a U Class sooner is because I can't find accurate diagrams for him to work off!

Either way, your route looks incredible! Everyone is waiting on baited breath to get a chance to run it in!
    Tanker46

Blog Entries

Thank you for the kind words tanker, means a lot to hear such encouragement.

I think I probably will go for the M7 at some point - although it won't be any time yet as other matters are more pressing! But having said that I agree, his models are superb and I would much rather have a digital version than a model because digital I can run it wherever and whenever in a multitude of liveries!

Cheers,

PLP

Well what a great night of my first session in multiplayer. Great fun had by all. Here is a taste below of what we got up to!

Newest driver started off with some passenger work while I did some shunting up at Warbridge to bring general goods over the summit to Farnley depot.

Catching him on the way back over the summit at Thirn. Ivatt was struggling with the 2% but the Compound was working well all night.

Was brave and attempted the coal run with the Ivatt. Close calls on the incline but just made it. Swedar taking the cattle vans up to Dinmore for a return to Farnley.

Bit of a hiccup at the coal merchants on my return. I had too many wagons! So Swedar jumped into the shunter and got the wagons shunted correctly and in good time! Even able to get the Ivatt at the front of the train for leaving. Great stuff and some on the fly thinking involved.

If people are interested in new models of an LSWR M7 or a Maunsell N class I might be able to help out.

I recently looked at the N class whilst rebuilding my Metropolitan K class as it's a very similar locomotive. I basically just need to cut the bunker off and remove the tanks and I have an N class. I even have the tender already as it's the same as the 6 wheel variant I did for the King Arthur. The main stumbling block I hit was not being able to find any good drawings showing the details of the cab and smoke deflectors (the main additions I would need to model). If anyone can find some good N class drawings and pass them on I should be able to get a model done quite quickly.

An M7 should also be relatively straightforward as it has many similarities to locomotives I have completed before. It would also be a good addition to go alongside my existing C8 and 700 class models, which were closely related designs.

Blog Entries

Ed,

That's exceptionally good of you - if you're willing to do it, that would be fantastic.

Aside from the drawings for the N, do you require any other resources for either?

I'm really excited about this project; as tanker said, by the time Swanage is released we'll more or less have the entire home fleet!

Cheers,

PLP

M7 I have plenty or information for, as I have a very good book on Drummond LSWR locos, complete with lots of works drawings. Just need to find time for that one. For the N class, it's mainly drawings that I need, as there are plenty of photos around.

There is a webiste about the old Railway Wonders of the World weekly magazine produced in 1935/36.

https://www.railwaywondersoftheworld.com

In later issues they had a two-part article about the Southern railway.

https://www.railwaywondersoftheworld...rnrailway.html

That's really generous of you Ed! I'm positive a M7 Class would be extremely well received addition to your southwestern fleet!

I'm definitely interested in an N Class as well. I knew the Maunsell W Class 2-6-4Ts were similar to the Ks but I had forgotten that they were originally built from N Class kits bout from the SECR. (I have diagrams for both)

The N Class was the equivalent of the GWR 4300s and were the workhorses for the SR until the arrival of their U Class cousins. They were an extremely popular site on the old LSWR lines!

As far as diagrams go, I think I can help you there...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Tanker46; June 2nd, 2020 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    Tanker46

I think that drawing is from "Drawn & Described" by Ian Beattie and Railway Modeller magazine.

Chris.

That drawing is just what I needed. I'm working on a few more LSWR TS19 upgrades at the moment but I should hopefully be able to slot an N class into my schedule in the not too distant future.