UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Whiston's Woes

Poor old Whiston! I decided to take him for a run from Norden to Swanage with the C set, so the shorter rake of them all.

Looking at the spec it appears a TC3 version is the only one for a J94 so no doubt our resident expert is on the case! A lovely little loco to drive nonetheless and great seeing it back at Swanage, well done Ed!

Cheers,

PLP

Yes TRS22 knocked a lot of the old engine specs on the head which is more than a bit annoying. But as you say our valiant resident engine spec expert has been hard at work updating the majority of Uk steam engines. Perhaps he will get to Ed's J94's fairly soon.
Out of interest were you using the steam controls to climb that gradient? Taking on gradients with my collection of intrepid tank engines using the 'advanced' steam controls is one of my own particular joys in Trainz.

Hi Annie,

Yes I only use cab mode, it makes it all that much more fun. Some of the latest locos and their controls (mind jumps to 4MT) are superb.

Cheers,

PLP

Errrr...my bad.

A build 4.8 enginespec for the 18" Hunslet "Austerity" has been in existence since late May when Ed started the project but it would perhaps have been helpful if I'd remembered to upload it! Keep your eyes on the over the next couple oif days :)

That said, do not expect a loco with 18" cylinders, little wheels and a small boiler to be a great performer even on a preserved line. Shunting and low speed (10-15mph) trip work was their forte. Maximum design speed was 29mph, but I understand that the general concensus on preserved lines these days is to keep them under 20mph or they knock themselves apart.

Note to Annie - I originally commissioned those Pecketts of Paul's in your screenshots, so there's a spec for those knocking around as well which I can upload if it would be of interest?

Well 2995Valiant my salute to you for commissioning those Pecketts with Paul and kudos for your engine spec work too. Without creators like you in Trainz the whole place would be worse off.

Well 2995Valiant my salute to you for commissioning those Pecketts with Paul and kudos for your engine spec work too. Without creators like you in Trainz the whole place would be worse off.

Somehow I missed seeing your Consett Iron Company A Class long-boilered 0-6-0PT screenshots Frank. Excellent screenshots of a classic industrial locomotive.

Note to Annie - I originally commissioned those Pecketts of Paul's in your screenshots, so there's a spec for those knocking around as well which I can upload if it would be of interest?

Yes please. The pair of Pecketts I have assigned to Ravenscraig Colliery on 'Dintdale' are a lot fun to drive and a better engine spec would be the icing on the cake.

Some random late steam:

sPwOxjB.jpg
[/IMG]
3mGwc8l.jpg
[/IMG]
YNcMmUG.jpg
[/IMG]
sj7Ka8f.jpg
[/IMG]

Beamish Wagonway

A bit of a wider angle shot. The Beamish Waggonway on my route set in County Durham. A Bagnall 0-6-0T pushes a rake of empty wagons up the grade towards Beamish Colliery (East Stanley Pit), while in the left of shot a Peckett 0-4-0ST shunts wagons on the line near Beamish Colliery (Second Pit).

XgDtidu.jpg

The lines in shot were always colliery lines and in 1947 became part of the National Coal Board. They were never part of either the North Eastern, London & North Eastern or British Railways. The cutting in which the N.E.R.'s Comsett branch ran is situated to the left of shot.

Last edited:
Re post #5773 edh6

Many thanks for the compliment Ed, here's a shot of your loco's in "but what if" BR black.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

They look great! I guess there'd be an issue with the coupling (obviously not UK standard), but even so a fun addition to a UK 3' gauge layout if it were to be uploaded.

Paul

They look great! I guess there'd be an issue with the coupling (obviously not UK standard), but even so a fun addition to a UK 3' gauge layout if it were to be uploaded.

Paul

Those NGG16's are 2ft Gauge though and the chopper couplings are standard couplings on Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland, Welsh Highland Heritage Railway, Vale of Rheidol, Lynton and Barnstaple, Leek and Manifold and the only 3ft lines being the Isle of Man and Ireland and a short peat line that recently being revived in the UK.

Most UK Narrow Gauge lines had a centre coupling of various kinds and no buffers, exception being the the Talyllyn and the revamped Corris and wagons used internally in quarries and such, just a hook and chain affair with wooden dumb buffers.

With Narrow Gauge there isn't really any historical standard for couplings in the UK.

Reskins look good!

Thank you all for the kind words.
Fictional loks for my fictional 2ft gauge route somewhere in the West Country.
I'll ask Ed for permission to upload them to the DLS.

Cheers, Ken

BR WHR NGG16 No. 33130 - BR Green 3v6
<KUID:255503:104125>
Last Updated: 28th Sep 2022
File Size: 3.09 MB
Downloaded: 0
TS12 Available soon, currently unlisted

Cheers, evilcrow

Those NGG16's are 2ft Gauge though and the chopper couplings are standard couplings on Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland, Welsh Highland Heritage Railway, Vale of Rheidol, Lynton and Barnstaple, Leek and Manifold and the only 3ft lines being the Isle of Man and Ireland and a short peat line that recently being revived in the UK.

Most UK Narrow Gauge lines had a centre coupling of various kinds and no buffers, exception being the the Talyllyn and the revamped Corris and wagons used internally in quarries and such, just a hook and chain affair with wooden dumb buffers.

With Narrow Gauge there isn't really any historical standard for couplings in the UK.

Reskins look good!

Thanks Malc, I'm pleased to get this wrong! In which case, these will be a great addition for UK 2' gauge layouts. I'm pleased Ken's uploading them.

Paul

Back