UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

1917 and goods work for N.E.R. 1440 Class

N.E.R. 1440 Class number 468 at Durham Gilesgate shunting wagons and assembling the train for departure. The consist includes a 15-ton Road Wagon of Diagram G4, Diagram G2 12-Ton Covered Van with external strapping and sliding roof door along with a Diagram C2 8-Ton 4-Plank High Sided Open Wagon which is one of several the N.E.R. retrofitted with a panelled mesh frame in order to carry large numbers of empty barrels, baskets and hampers.

Few from me. :-D

Passing-Local-Passenger-Services.jpg

Waiting-for-the-off.jpg

Local-Services-%40-Conderton.jpg

Conderton-Local-Services-Depart.jpg

Approaching-Kemerton-Central.jpg

A BR(Sc) Class 101 DMU stands in Carrachmuir station bay after disgorging a train load of tourists on a Sunday Special from Waverley.

A-BR%28Sc%29-Class-101-DMU-at-Carrachmuir.jpg

Last edited:
1919 N.E.R. MacDonnell "59" Class 0-6-0

A North Eastern Railway MacDonnell "59" Class 0-6-0 is busy at Durham Gilesgate goods station one hundred years ago, summer 1919.

Post #2086 - Excellent Shots of your DMUs Graham! It's nice to see they are coming along well! :)

It's been a while since I posted but here are some screenshots from the LSWR-Era Version of the Withered Arm route I am working on updating for TANE.

I really can't get over how good Edh6's King Arthurs look....

UbWHBIM.jpg
[/IMG]
mR54hYW.jpg
[/IMG]
fN1icH8.jpg
[/IMG]
8OGyeJ6.jpg
[/IMG]
EUb8dKS.jpg
[/IMG]
SVqsRE0.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

I f that's the 'Withered Arm' route on the DLS you've done good work with it Tanker because the original version is very withered indeed.

Thanks KotangaGirl! It is in fact the Withered Arm Route from the DLS but it has a very long way to go. My ultimate objective is to model most of the Southern Region in Trainz so the Withered Arm and the Sussex Lines Routes I've been updating are two parts of the same project. It probably won't be done for a very long time, but I have chosen to work on it as my ultimate goal! :)

I am still in the process of retexturing the routes and once that is finished I will be replacing a lot of the older buildings and scenery items in favor of Masontaylors amazing scenery objects and high res textures from Clam1952 and others.

Your Cainrigg to Balessie route looks like its coming along amazingly too with your new Beyer Peacock locomotive! :)

Tanker46

Post # 2093 - Gosh Neville.. That is some Grade 'A' screenshot work there! :) I particularly enjoy the shots you got of the light filtering off the Britannia Class! It looks amazing in the snow! :)

A few shots from me today as there's a new member to the SR Fleet of Trainz! Camscott was kind enough to take up my commission of a Bullied Q1 and it works wonderfully in TANE and TS2019! Should be a great locomotive for those interested in SR Engines! :)

Here's No. 33005 running along the MSWJR with a windcutter train of 50 mineral wagons.

LxQYR90.jpg
[/IMG]
cVh23Pc.jpg
[/IMG]
B7G8Xa1.jpg
[/IMG]

Tanker46

Those are some seriously stunning screenshots Neville.

The Bullied Q1, - either you love 'em or hate 'em. Great screenshots Tanker.

I often wondered what they would look like with a traditional splashguard/walkway above the wheels.
They just seem odd without them.
But, it's quirky so I like them :)

Thank you for the kind comments and, as ever, for the asset makers' generosity.
That Q1 is amazing Tanker46, not least for camscott's typical level of detail. They seem to be a unique blend of the awe-inspiring and the comical.

The very fact that Bulleid was even able to build any new locomotives at all during WWII is, in my opinion, a testament to determination and dogged persistence. Even a "legend" such as Gresley on the L.N.E.R. (where Bulleid had worked as Gresley's assistant) had to resort to pairing used tenders with his new build V2 Class, which arguably has a claim to be one of the locomotive types acclaimed as "the engine which won the war". The Men at the Ministry were contending with a steel shortage, caused at both ends of the production process (At the input side - loss of iron ore imports and shortages of wagons, locomotives and rail capacity to carry substitute domestic ironstone production due to disruption of coastal shipping. At the output end, multiple demands by military and civilian customers). I can see many difficult meetings where the Ministries would have preferred any other option over that of approving Bulleid's request to actually consume new materials. James Holland's new book on the Normandy campaign mentions early on about the role of logistics and shipping availibility was right up there as a pinch point in getting men, equipment and materials across the channel. Of course railway transport was the feeder to that shipping but not quite enough academic research has gone in to the sheer amount of juggling of priorities in balancing out the different cogs in the conveyor belt, let alone the even bigger picture of deciding just who went where in the queue for production. "Bomber Harris" would quite happily have had every ton of metal the UK could turn out to be used on building bombers. With hindsight (oh that "Monday morning quarterbacking" as the Americans call it) it is argued that if Churchill or even Portal had forced Harris to divert Liberator bombers to RAF Coastal Command the Battle of the Atlantic could have been won as much as a year earlier than it was (which would have possibly increased the supply of materials over that year). Now see where Bulleid would have been in that political furnace to get forty locomotives built. Everything that could be dispensed with in operating a locomotive had to be ditched. I would not be surprised if the provision of a cab was only approved to reduce firebox glare in the blackout rather than any concern over protection for the footplate crew.

Bulleid was extremely good at negotiating, he could also go quite over his head as far as "creativity" is concerned, when he got an idea for something he would generally refuse to accept the opinions of others that it wasn't the smartest ting to do!

The Q1s would have been either way, the pacifics are another matter entirely and only happened due to Bulleid's charm, Thompson was the exact opposite in this regard and very much an introvert.

I think you have that same kind of charm Camscott. ;) And your models are as impressive as the prototype that they are based on! :)

Tanker46

Back