UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evicrow

Awesome :udrool:

@Evilcrow - the work around for the A1 tender is to use Ed's version of the same tender instead, which imeditor will work with :)

52755940891_40451f8574_k.jpg

60163 at Blue Anchor

If anyone is interested, I put a Peppercorn A1 espec on the DLS around Christmas time.

I couldn't agree more Ken. There's a lot of wonderful railway lines that are no more than a memory now.

2XvJj0p.jpg
[/IMG]

Testing some new track on the road to London Bridge. A morning 6 Car Express from London Bridge to Guildford via Redhill. The consist is made up of Maunsell stock, and Valliant's outstanding reskin of Trainboi's 4MT 2-6-0 is at the head of the train. The mogul gleams brightly as it passes through Penge West and Anerley Stations. Both of which are still under construction on the South London section as of now.

IL9w45W.jpg
[/IMG]

67z69eX.jpg
[/IMG]

v8wBXWA.jpg
[/IMG]

re post #6043 johnarran
Thank you for the compliment.
re post #6044 2995Valliant
Thanks for the tip on the tender.
Using your engine spec, I got 60161 up to 72mph. Load 536 tons, 12 Gresley coaches. Regulator "Full" and "Reverser" at 30% on the flat.
re post #6045 Tanker46
Hello Tanker, watch out when you get to London Bridge, now heavily changed from steam days and not for the better!!!!

Cheers, Ken

Great screenshots, Alex and Ken! Always great to see progress on the Southern Region, as well as all of the others on here recently

Two from me...finally made a bit of progress on a route of mine. Maybe I could've made better screenshots, but the route is VERY MUCH a WIP, so...
Screenshot-2023-03-21-at-14-36-37.png

Screenshot-2023-03-21-at-14-37-10.png

If the images seem a bit too small, that's because Imgur's acting clunky right now. Enjoy regardless!

Excellent screenshots everyone.

#6044. A glimpse of Blue Anchor, - one day will we see more of your Minehead branch Anthony?

#6045. Work continues on your amazing project Tanker. I'm still absolutely amazed at the scope of what you are doing.

#6046. Stunning screenshots Ken, - I particularly like the second one if I had to make a choice.

#6047. What are you putting together there Mr SRKing? Something LMS by the look of it. Not a fan of the weird N3V people though.

#6049 Yea something LMS is what I'm thinking of. Maybe a heritage line in the region, maybe a 30s route, early 50s, I'm not sure yet. As for the weird N3V people, that's because the people asset the AJS stations use wasnunfortunately updated to them. Very nice screenshot with your WIP!

#6049 Yea something LMS is what I'm thinking of. Maybe a heritage line in the region, maybe a 30s route, early 50s, I'm not sure yet. As for the weird N3V people, that's because the people asset the AJS stations use was unfortunately updated to them. Very nice screenshot with your WIP!

Thanks Andrew. There are ways of hacking N3V's new passenger CDP config file to get rid of the weird people, - though of course that will only work for your own Trainz installation. Still better than having to put up with that odd looking lot though.

Annie

You've got me very worried Annie. I've done the passenger hack on my own set-up to use the old passenger set, as the n3v set would kill Trainz stone dead for me. But are you saying that, if I upload a route to the DLS, there is no way I can ensure that when downloaded by others the route will still display the 1960s / S&C set? If so, I hadn't realised that and it would put the whole project in question.

You've got me very worried Annie. I've done the passenger hack on my own set-up to use the old passenger set, as the n3v set would kill Trainz stone dead for me. But are you saying that, if I upload a route to the DLS, there is no way I can ensure that when downloaded by others the route will still display the 1960s / S&C set? If so, I hadn't realised that and it would put the whole project in question.

You can explicitly use the old passenger set but you'd need to change all the stations. Possibly clone and upload to the DLS?

Cheerio John

The only way that I can see around it is to put the hacked passenger version on Google drive and make it plain in the route's config file that it will be needed to be downloaded in order to avoid a hideous result.

John's method is something I haven't tried as the thought of having to clone and replace so many invisible stations over all my own project routes just about makes my blood run cold.

The main problem is as always with N3V's 'updates' is that they made all the earlier passenger sets obsolete at a stroke without considering the consequences for historical modellers.

RE post #6050 KotangaGirl
Annie, I see you found another nice looking loco.

<pictures snipped>

Cheers, Ken

Nice to see your MET locomotives out to play Ken. I'm looking forward to being able to run Ed's new Beyer-Peacock MET engines on my new version of 'Minories' once it's done.

'Crowstone' in London, Tilbury & Southend Railway green livery is one of Thomas Whitelegg's excellent 4-4-2 tank engines of 1909. All going well it will be seen working trains into Minories from time to time.

lh1U1R8.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Annie for the information on the passengers problem. It makes future uploading of any WIP's questionable as I've always sought to keep routes ready-to-run with everything on the DLS wherever possible.

Meanwhile some scenes from the WIP 'Dearnbyshire'..... without n3v passengers.
FXnikFC.jpg
[/IMG]
l0AiLUa.jpg
[/IMG]
si2htqi.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh, and thanks John. I have over fifty stations on the route so I'll have to think hard about that! What a relaxing hobby this is......

Re post #6061 hholdenaz
My shots are TRAINZ+, although the route was built in TANE and now transferred to TRAINZ+

Cheers, evilcrow

Back