UK Screenshots for Pre BR Blue. High resolution warning.

Nice screenshots everyone!

Some shots from the Wisbech and Upwell route:

TRS22_2023_02_18_21_53_58_049_cr.png

TRS22_2023_02_18_22_25_59_042_cr.png

TRS22_2023_02_18_22_26_57_457_cr.png

TRS22_2023_02_18_22_33_03_838_cr.png

TRS22_2023_02_18_22_47_06_107_cr.png

TRS22_2023_02_18_22_47_46_569_cr.png

Love those Tramway loco's and stock from W&U they did such a nice job of them will be nice to have somewhere to run them properly.

Keep up great work
Tom

Now that is very nice Ken. I often forget about the class 4 and 5 BR standard tender engines and perhaps I should introduce a couple to 'Ashington'. No.75079 looks very handsome and purposeful with Ed's beautiful Maunsell coaches.

Re post #5987 KotangaGirl
Hello Annie, yes it's the "old" Tranboi1 loco from Trainz build 3.5 days. I've replaced the BR lamps with BR(S) disks and added a 72A shed code, it's first shed when still a single chimney for 75079.
For reasons unknown "BR DATA BASE LOCOMOTIVES" has disappeared from the Internet, that was the site that gave a whole host of info on shed allocations/renumbering's etc for a mass of BR locos and right back to the dawn of time too!!!
So have to be careful now what one shows.

Still working on this.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Wait...BRDatabase shut down? No!!! That site was amazing, it was always an excellent resource....I wonder what happened.

Also, very nice screenshot, Ken!

re post #5990 SRKing783
Thanks for the complement.
I looked at that site mayhap 2 weeks ago, have you tried to reach it ??
Cheers, Ken

Just checked: the site brdatabase.info is not active unfortunately. Looks like some scam "HeRe ArE sOmE """"RELATED SEARCHES"""" yOu MiGhT wAnNa GiVe Us YoUr InFo" site thing took the domain over - you ever see those types of sites? Yea, looks like that's what BRDatabase has turned into. I wonder if someone's tried to contact the owner...

Re post #5987 KotangaGirl
Hello Annie, yes it's the "old" Tranboi1 loco from Trainz build 3.5 days. I've replaced the BR lamps with BR(S) disks and added a 72A shed code, it's first shed when still a single chimney for 75079.
For reasons unknown "BR DATA BASE LOCOMOTIVES" has disappeared from the Internet, that was the site that gave a whole host of info on shed allocations/renumbering's etc for a mass of BR locos and right back to the dawn of time too!!!
So have to be careful now what one shows.

Still working on this.

<picture snipped>

Cheers, Ken

I wondered if it was the Trainboi loco. I had one at Penzance MPD in my 1950s BR session since they were briefly seen in Cornwall. And speaking of that I checked just now and found BRDatabase to be off line. I'd only been visiting last week to check the loco assignments at Mold and it was on line then. I hope they haven't disappeared for good because it was a fantastic resource.

Apart from that you're doing some nice work on No.75079 and I hope you'll post your further progress.

Standard 4s must be the in thing at the moment :)

I've just uploaded an ex-works/preserved reskin to the DLS, and the enginespec for this and the 4-6-0s have a had an update recently.

52705352682_c23ab2bb52_k.jpg

Lovely work on the Standard Class 4 Anthony.

I went looking for my one and it was right where I left it at Longrock MPD. It's been far too long since I last visited Penzance so I should make a day of it sometime.

I3DGutC.jpg

Great screenshots all, the Standard 4 looks fantastic Anthony, thank you and well done on this and all your other reskins.

It makes all the difference having a proper e-spec too, so thank you for all your work with those. There's nothing worse than an e-spec that is completely wrong.

Out of interest, how many of you prefer to use CAB mode over DCC?

Cheers,

PLP

Last edited:
I much prefer using CAB mode or the 'Advanced' Steam Controls over using DCC. A properly made e-spec makes all the difference to having an enjoyable time driving your favourite locomotive so thank you very much Anthony for all the new e.specs you've been writing lately.

Very Nice Screenshots all around everyone!! I have heard of the fall of BR Database and it's a heavy loss for so many as not only did it contain a rich history on nearly every locomotive BR had under it's thumb, but also an incredibly intricate map system using the National Library of Scotland. I used much of these maps to create the run from Brighton to South Croydon. It's going to be extremely difficult recreating my work without them. We shall see how things turn out.

Ah well, on to better things I suppose! Bricklayers Arms is nearly complete as of now! In celebration of this achievement, my dear friend Pilotwoo crafted together one of the most significant shunters in South London - Richard Maunsell's D3/12 Class!

qIGhJpV.jpg
[/IMG]

3AZfYQW.jpg
[/IMG]

This plucky little 350HP Shunter was developed by Richard Maunsell for heavy shunting in the large marshalling yards in South London such as Feltham, Hither Green and Norwood Junction. Although there were only three built, they proved to be extremely capable shunters and paved the way for further BR Designs such as the Class 08, 09, 11 and 12 Shunters. The second locomotive of the trio made quite a name for itself at Bricklayers Arms as one of the primary shunting locomotives alongside the only member of the SECR's S Class - No.1685.

UprsBVv.jpg
[/IMG]

The entire class was withdrawn in 1964 alongside so many other steam locomotives and protoypical diesel locomotives. They were replaced by Bulleid's BR Class 12 of 1949 - essentially an improved model of Maunsell's original design.

OR2HNT2.jpg
[/IMG]

The model is still in it's beta phase but it will be publicly available as soon as the scripting and liveries are complete. It will field all the liveries it held over the course of it's life: SR Maunsell Black, SR Bullied Black, BR Early Crest Black, and BR Late Crest Green. I hope you look forward to fiddling around with this remarkable model once it gets finished - I know I have!

PoNMrs2.jpg
[/IMG]

cFwZK0w.jpg
[/IMG]

skh7NYK.jpg
[/IMG]

kT2LTME.jpg
[/IMG]

Very nice Maunsell shunter there Tanker, I remember when Skipper's came out and thinking how unusual it was. A shame none were preserved, but this will look great on any SR steam era routes.

@Annie, yes I prefer CAB mode as I find it far more of a challenge and realistic. A proper e-spec, such as Anthony's, really does make all the difference - I can't count how many I've tested on Swanage with different tweaks but they really do bring a model to life as they aren't a one size fits all in terms of driving experience; you need to learn how each locomotive responds and drive/fire it accordingly, just as in real life. I only ever use DCC if I'm running a quick test, say for signalling issues etc.

Cheers,

PLP

Thank GOD! I was seriously wondering what I was going to do without the map system. The current system I'm using covers only South London (albeit extremely well) but I eventually will have to spread out all over the Souther Region and it's far too invaluable.

klyRCTU.jpg
[/IMG]

Still playing around with the D3/12. In order to properly test it out I decided to run a series of exercises shunting and marshalling an outbound train together. Pilotwoo geared this little guy excellently with a well-made engine spec to match. I'm starting by assembling an outbound mixed goods for Eastleigh. First to pick up is a pair of vans on the mills outgoing siding and placing them on the Willows Walk lead.

2qNGLW6.jpg
[/IMG]

Next is a trio of vans from the smaller goods shed next to Willows Walk. Two CCT Vans and a 12T Plywood Van to be exact. After running around and tying them on to the two existing vans, the next wagons called for in the set are two 20T Lowmac Wagons followed by a trio of 14T Tankers from Goods Shed 8.

TJ8bOBX.jpg
[/IMG]

EnZeXLO.jpg
[/IMG]

After assembling the Lowmacs and Tankers, the D3/12 shuffles all of it's consist over to massive Goods Shed 2 and picks up a pair of 13T 5 Plank Wagons. A Lowfit is waiting on the wagon turntable to be loaded with it appropriate load for a future train. From there it pulls the consist to a clearance point as not to foul the track but not before picking up the brakevan as it goes! No time for rest! Next is running to the coal depot to pick up a line of empty 16T Mineral wagons to tack on to the consist. A quick run around is all that's needed and off it goes again! It's surprisingly strong!

wBNmWI7.jpg
[/IMG]

vTTACWB.jpg
[/IMG]

fau5Xmn.jpg
[/IMG]

Really nice screenshots Tanker. The best way to find out if a locomotive or your layout is properly functional is to spend an hour or so shunting. Any problems and a good shunting session will find them.

Excellent news Ken with BR Data Base being back on-line. I was starting to get worried since I use the website fairly often to check locomotive allocations.

And I completely agree PLP, a properly crafted engine spec makes all the difference when driving from the cab.

Last edited:
Back